List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who has already reached this conclusion and has moved onto the potential pay out. Player and 1st round pick would be nice. Maybe we can throw Gore in, move that list clogger on like the cats did to us

Gore will be delisted.

Menzel is the one we need to try and throw away as steak knives. We'd probably need to pay part of his salary if we're going to be able to trick someone into taking him.

Gore will be delisted.

Menzel is the one we need to try and throw away as steak knives. We'd probably need to pay part of his salary if we're going to be able to trick someone into taking him.
No one will take Menzel, we thought he had something and it hasn't come through, he's got zero trade value.

If he hasn't signed by September I'll start to worry
The consensus at the start of the year was "if he hasn't signed by July I'll start to worry". Now the goal posts have moved. His story has also changed in that time. We've been through this enough times before to know when this happens, a player is gone. It's sad, but it's the reality.

No one will take Menzel, we thought he had something and it hasn't come through, he's got zero trade value.

The problem with the SANFL team is that its inconsistent due to injuries to first 22. Ive seen Menzel play some blinders when the Crows SANFL reserves have a strong team but like most sides, when the ball simply isn't coming down consistently into the forward line his output has been low. By no means do I think he has lived up to his potential but I can see him being capable of some useful things in the AFL side. With Betts out this week I would like to see him get a go but I am not sure whether that will happen.

For the record, One destination club might take him. They take anyone sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way everyone was going on about this I thought Jake's girlfriend was developing a makeup line. Looks like she applies the stuff for weddings etc. doesn't need to move to the big smoke to do that. But I expect she can leverage off Jakes contacts pretty well. Good to see some young girl starting a business and she could probably do temp teaching work as it develops.

Try making an appointment for January 2018, that should flush her out.:D

The comparisons to Danger are completely unfair ... Dangerfield gave us 7 years at 100%.

Lever is closer to Gunstan, taking his huge potential to another club.

I like how Jake plays, he is a different style of defender ... but he won't make the difference to a premiership or not. No single player does, but the difference between an elite mid / forward and a young zone-off intercept marking style player is pretty big ... especially in terms of what they should cost. If Jake wants to earn the biggest dollars, he needs more than potential to demand it imo.

I was a little bit thrown by Jake's attitude to being left out of the final last year in 2015 ... it's one thing to be disappointed (completely understandable), but he seems to be hanging onto it pretty hard. Was a little bit of a red flag for me on attitude. "What about me" or "Do you know who I am" style thinking.

Personally, I want Greenwood and McGovern signed up first ... and some seriously good offers given to the big names floating around out there.

I'll take Jake, he is way above average, but not for the prices that are being bandied about ... no way. Felt the same way about Gibbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way everyone was going on about this I thought Jake's girlfriend was developing a makeup line. Looks like she applies the stuff for weddings etc. doesn't need to move to the big smoke to do that. But I expect she can leverage off Jakes contacts pretty well. Good to see some young girl starting a business and she could probably do temp teaching work as it develops.

Lol, sounds like she did the same course my cousins did. Good side money going round to do makeup on a Sat morning. You would still work mon to fri in your normal job though.

The consensus at the start of the year was "if he hasn't signed by July I'll start to worry". Now the goal posts have moved. His story has also changed in that time. We've been through this enough times before to know when this happens, a player is gone. It's sad, but it's the reality.
Yeah, but I still have faith in Danger. Probs stay.

I was a little bit thrown by Jake's attitude to being left out of the final last year ... it's one thing to be disappointed (completely understandable), but he seems to be hanging onto it pretty hard. Was a little bit of a red flag for me on attitude. "What about me" or "Do you know who I am" style thinking.

It was actually in 2015. He was dropped for the EF vs the Bulldogs and left out of the SF against Hawthorn.

He played in both finals last year (getting injured during the SF vs the Swans).

The comparisons to Danger are completely unfair ... Dangerfield gave us 7 years at 100%.

Lever is closer to Gunstan, taking his huge potential to another club.

I like how Jake plays, he is a different style of defender ... but he won't make the difference to a premiership or not. No single player does, but the difference between an elite mid / forward and a young zone-off intercept marking style player is pretty big ... especially in terms of what they should cost. If Jake wants to earn the biggest dollars, he needs more than potential to demand it imo.

I was a little bit thrown by Jake's attitude to being left out of the final last year ... it's one thing to be disappointed (completely understandable), but he seems to be hanging onto it pretty hard. Was a little bit of a red flag for me on attitude. "What about me" or "Do you know who I am" style thinking.

Personally, I want Greenwood and McGovern signed up first ... and some seriously good offers given to the big names floating around out there.

I'll take Jake, he is way above average, but not for the prices that are being bandied about ... no way. Felt the same way about Gibbs.

Agree with all of that.

Reckon the bolded bit has been substantially fueled by is father, who it was reported, also took to social media fuming when Jakey was left out of the team on an occasion.

I'm in the he's gone club.

Oh yay, it's a down day around these parts. Also Channel 7 are 4 weeks behind on the news as we played Hawthorn 4 weeks ago. This week it's Collingwood in the box seat. Poor Victorian journalists are going to struggle to come up with a team that are in the box seat when we play Port, Sydney and West Coast. They might have to attempt this thing called journalism then :rolleyes:

I don't get the negativity here. Has given every indication he's staying , even as recently as 5aa interview on Monday . All of his team mates , coach etc have said that they are confident he's staying . This didn't happen with danger . If he's going , then he's trolled us good and proper!

Reading the Tippett article in the paper today

Reap what you sow Jakey, reap what you sow

That said - he really looked like he enjoyed playing against the dogs .....

Dunno

He does instinctively play the chop out role I agree. I also think for the most part he's coached to play it because of his size. He's rarely given a lock down role and it shows when he does. My point is in simply stating he will never be any good defensively without allowing him any time for development and improvement. He did get beaten by Curnow but if we're being that specific then Hartigan is also a 3rd tall as he lost a lot of 1 on 1s early.

Hartigan is not a 3rd tall. He doesn't play that role, never has. He mostly is responsible for playing on/closing down a key defender.

Whilst Jake has the height of a KD he typically never plays that role. Hartigan and Talia do all the defensive 1:1 grunt work and Jakey comes over the top for a spoil or mark.....very different role to a true KD.

If he's going to be used as a KD he needs to put on a stack of weight/muscle for a start.

For the role Jake plays he is not worth $800 - $850k........shelling that out for him is pure stupidity.....even more so if we are banking on him developing or improving in that role.
We have more pressing needs to spend that type of coin on.

Given the way Pyke structures up I don't think they have plans for Jake to play as a KD any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back