List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! People on here really get arked up when you don't follow the crowd and join the love in on the new prodigal son. Yet happy to sink the boots into players such as Douglas/MacKay regardless of their performance level on game day. (btw not syaing its specifically you who does this Golumless)

I am not saying Keath is bad. He has been a solid stop gap, but Hartigan is much better. Hartigan will resume him first 22 spot in 2018. I don't see it happening this year due to the amount of footy he has missed. Hartigan was excellent last year and has had an injury interrupted 2017 thus far. Its hard to maintain form if you can't get on the park in regular blocks.

Happy for Keath to keep his spot for now, but don't get sucked into the thought he is in anyway better than Lever or Hartigan or is a long term solution.
I disagree. Hartigan has been very poor this year. Keath has much more of an upside (speed, marking ability). Hartigan is carrying too much weight IMO which makes him slower than normal and also I think he's been carrying an injury (when he was playing).

Last edited:
If lever goes.. can keath play the intercept 3rd tall? Looks like he has a decently accurate kick and can definitely mark the ball. Harto is not a good enough kick to play this role.

Damn! People on here really get arked up when you don't follow the crowd and join the love in on the new prodigal son. Yet happy to sink the boots into players such as Douglas/MacKay regardless of their performance level on game day. (btw not syaing its specifically you who does this Golumless)

I am not saying Keath is bad. He has been a solid stop gap, but Hartigan is much better. Hartigan will resume him first 22 spot in 2018. I don't see it happening this year due to the amount of footy he has missed. Hartigan was excellent last year and has had an injury interrupted 2017 thus far. Its hard to maintain form if you can't get on the park in regular blocks.

Happy for Keath to keep his spot for now, but don't get sucked into the thought he is in anyway better than Lever or Hartigan or is a long term solution.

All your facts were wrong mate. It's that simple

If lever goes.. can keath play the intercept 3rd tall? Looks like he has a decently accurate kick and can definitely mark the ball. Harto is not a good enough kick to play this role.

He could definately do the intercept 3rd tall, funnily enough he's actually a better forward.. he knows how to mark above his head very well.

He's also a beautiful kick - currently rocking around 89% EFF.

I disagree. Hartigan has been very poor this year. Keath has much more of an upside (speed, marking ability). Hartigan is carrying to much weight IMO which makes him slower than normal and also I think he's been carrying an injury (when he was playing).

Hartigan was clearly carrying an injury. That he's returned to fitness is a massive plus. He finished top 10 in the b&f last year and is no plodder. But, given his injury issues, he's backup to Keath till the end of this year and possibly going into next. But, he's a definite best 22 KPD and if Talia can't improve his injury issues, we might be requiring Hartigan again. Talia is most certainly struggling.

Hampton back in the Magoos this week lads. That's great. Almost a full deck at the right time of year

Hartigan poor? He's had a great season. I like Keath too and have no issue with the club backing him in, but let's not pretend Hartigan has had a poor year. He simply hasn't, not even close to it.
Great is very strong and im a fan. Hartigan was better in 2016. Not a poor year but definitely has room for improvement.

Hartigan poor? He's had a great season. I like Keath too and have no issue with the club backing him in, but let's not pretend Hartigan has had a poor year. He simply hasn't, not even close to it.
Agreed he was solid. A lot of selective short term memories..

All the indigenous lads including CC go to Eddies mid week every week for dinner. Still very tight all those boys.

Not sure CC goes as often as once did. Spends less time with that group. He's going through some shit, no doubt. I'd be confident the club is a good support network for him though.

Hopefully he can work through it, more to life than football.

L
Not sure CC goes as often as once did. Spends less time with that group. He's going through some shit, no doubt. I'd be confident the club is a good support network for him though.

Hopefully he can work through it, more to life than football.
Lets hope so mate.

Great season? Really? He's been passable, but not great.

Screen Shot 2017-08-17 at 9.12.40 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a few options, Keath plays Lever's role and Haritigan goes back.
Doedee plays Lever's role and Keath or Hartigan stay back.
Cheney could play Lever's role... combinations are there.
Keath was once a forward, could be a versatile option later on, like how we've used Ottens this year.

Not in bad shape really but I would like to keep Lever.

5 games in 2 years for a bloke supposedly all good to go in a team that, let's be honest, are not world beaters.

Either doesn't have it or Essendon's development is shite. (or both)

Also word is these "queries" from the AFL's 2015 Draft guide are spot on:
"Despite playing in a range of different roles throughout the championships, Francis will need to build his aerobic base before becoming a midfielder at AFL level. At this stage it's not at a high enough standard to hold down a role at the top level as a midfielder.

There is also the question about what sort of defender he will be in the AFL, and whether he is tall enough to be a true key backman. At 191cm he fits in nicely as a third tall defender, but despite his leap and jumping, Francis doesn't carry the height to play on the bigger key forwards. He matched up against Josh Schache at stages late in the carnival and had trouble containing the 199cm prospect".
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/30-days-to-the-draft-meet-aaron-francis
Same question marks as his draft year - fitness and ability to train hard and not break down

The footy talent is all there but he's not an 'AFL' athlete despite being powerful

You need to watch replay of Keaths game v Essendon . Was one of the top 6 players on the ground IMO

Lost only one 1 on 1 contest , took 11 marks , had 18 possessions and went at 92.5% disposal efficiency and he doesn't just go for safe kicks

That's a monster game in anyone's language

Then add in the fact that he's never done an AFL pre season ( was injured for at least half of this years and was doing training on his own the year before ) and the fact he was one of the country's premier U17 kids and captained Vic country

So you're looking at a guy who is playing some pretty solid footy now but could improve very sharply with his first full pre season and more games under his belt

So Harto may be better option this year but maybe not too , looking forward given the above you'd have to say that Keath could be a high level player and good enough to keep better players than Hartigan out of the side , but of course we need them all fit and firing

I reckon Doedee could

You'd have Keath at 197cm , Talia 195cm and Doedee at 188cm who plays tall and is a superb interceptor

Plenty tall enough when you consider Kelly can play on talls as well

I reckon Doedee could

You'd have Keath at 197cm , Talia 195cm and Doedee at 188cm who plays tall and is a superb interceptor

Plenty tall enough when you consider Kelly can play on talls as well
I've always thought that Doedee could end up like Easton Wood

Could he turn into Dale Morris? That's the role he'd arguably play if Lever leaves, and Kelly stays in the side

I've always thought that Doedee could end up like Easton Wood

Could he turn into Dale Morris? That's the role he'd arguably play if Lever leaves, and Kelly stays in the side
premiership captain?

Stats don't really tell the story when you're talking about your tallest KPD.

In any event, "passable" is a lot closer to the mark than "very poor" which you said a few hours back.
Fair call. Have thought he's looked out of sorts this year. Saw him being put through some tests at AAMI the day before the Showdown... he looked huge and slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back