Real Cleanout

Remove this Banner Ad

tigerboyz said:
what's the diff you don't lose anything a dud for a dud it might work out.

Ummm, no the idea is to have no duds.
Richmond people have grown up with the idea that duds are acceptable, I know but we don't want to have them at all.

Murray said:
Ummm, no the idea is to have no duds.
Richmond people have grown up with the idea that duds are acceptable, I know but we don't want to have them at all.
too late you have plenty in your side already.

hotpie said:
Exactly. Why add yours to the list.
because our duds are better than yours, see. :p

Collingwood 8. 10. (58) def. by Richmond 13. 15. (93) at M.C.G. 2:10 PM AEST

tigerboyz said:
because our duds are better than yours, see. :p

Collingwood 8. 10. (58) def. by Richmond 13. 15. (93) at M.C.G. 2:10 PM AEST

How's Nathan Brown travelling? What did he cost you per game this season?

goalpie said:
What Collingwood really needs is a real cleanout. There are many players that are going to go and with early picks, its a good time clean out the current coaching structure and have a fresh start.

Things will otherwise keep going along the same way otherwise.

Start with getting rid of Super Mick - he has had his used by date and has taken the club nowhere over the last couple of years. You need a new coach, new ideas and focus on getting kids.

I dont know if its to get rid of Mick, Collingwood supporters just need something to happen. Its just hard to say what and frustrating the ******** out of everyone. Everyone has different opinions to what should be done and there is nothing wrong with that.

One thing all Collingwood supporters have is frustration and next year cant come faster enougth. The worst feeling is going to be after Friday night and I guess 8 clubs have just take it.

Dwayo said:
Start with getting rid of Super Mick - he has had his used by date and has taken the club nowhere over the last couple of years. You need a new coach, new ideas and focus on getting kids.
Don't bring your West Coast hating phobia onto our board. I can recognise the signs, for years and years when Mick was at the helm of the Weagles he bent your sorry club over. I have much more faith in him than the theory man fool that is Connolly, in seven days time you'll be in the same position as us, no finals.

You just can't clean out players in a wholesale sense. The system doesn't work like that. You can't, say, delist ten or fifteen players and hope to get a better ten of fifteen back through the draft.

These days, the only way to make a big cultural change in any AFL club is to change the coach or the president. Or both.

Is Collingwood ready for that?

This is just my view. I'm not trolling. Adelaide was in a huge mess in 2004 and changed its coach and a few of its assistant coaches and a handful of its playing squad. It kept an underperforming team more or less intact... and has gone from a potential basketcase to a finals contender in 21 strange weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JohnK said:
You just can't clean out players in a wholesale sense. The system doesn't work like that. You can't, say, delist ten or fifteen players and hope to get a better ten of fifteen back through the draft.
Correct. Duds for rookie duds is stupid and wrong.

JohnK said:
These days, the only way to make a big cultural change in any AFL club is to change the coach or the president. Or both.

This is just my view. I'm not trolling. Adelaide was in a huge mess in 2004 and changed its coach and a few of its assistant coaches and a handful of its playing squad. It kept an underperforming team more or less intact... and has gone from a potential basketcase to a finals contender in 21 strange weeks.
Why be single out the coach (clearly our pres is the best in the business)? The football department should be overhauled as something is clearly going wrong, but why one dude cops all the flack is beyond me.

You can't breathe life into a club with stuff all talent. And if you do, don't expect to do much better than Collingwood 2002-2003! Or you could have a great year like Richmond and finish in the slops at pick 11. What a great coup Wallace has been. In theory it would have been smarter to give Frawley another year as coach and get the better kids!!

The way I see it is it is the players on the day that really must take the blame for any major loss. A coach can make changes or instigate a 'game plan' but these don't equate to a 110 point drubbing. The players on the day must take responsibility.

I think we need to clean out the slower players. The one 'game plan' that seems prevelant in today's football is the ability to flood into the backline to help out - and then run forward in numbers once the ball is turned over.
We just don't have the players with the pace, stamina or discipline to do this. How many times on the weekend did the ball get turned over to Adelaide and they centred the ball only to have 2 or 3 running players go past the player who took the mark for a handball and then they keep running into the forward line. AND THEN TURN AROUND AND RAN BACK INTO POSITION, AND RAN FORWARD AGAIN, AND RAN BACK AGAIN and so on. Our players looked like they were jogging up and down on the one spot. Run Run Run Run - this is what we need.
We have some great big men who can act as real targets, we just need the in and under players and running players to compliment them. Players who will do this at every contest, in the backline, across the centre and in the forward line. Run to the contest - again and again.
Get rid of Williams, Lokan, B.Shaw, Walker (the Clokes have made him obsolete), B & C Morrison, Hall, Davis (has the pace but not the discipline), Woey and Lockyer.

i will thank you to leave jason cloke alone when is he ever given the chance to prove himself jason is a good kid but thanks to mick malthouses being stubbon he hardley gets a game so what do you expect him to do? i am just so glad paul is a talented footballer or he would be on your hitlist to get rid of next well you can all forget it he is staying at collingwood if paul and eddie are forced out of collingwood im going with them licuriasgirl

Nardz said:
Cole, Richard
Davis, Leon
Hall, Brent
King, David D
Leonard, Zane
Lockyer, Tarkyn
Lonie, Ryan
Morrison, Chad
O'Bree, Shane
Richards, Guy
Walker, Tristen
Woewodin, Shane

updated list... 5 players already gone. Which of these players is next?? if any?

JohnK said:

OUR PRESIDENT IS STAYING RIGHT WHERE HE IS THANKYOU VERY MUCH YOUR WANT EDDIE TO OUIT COLLINGWOOD SO HE WILL QUIT LOOKING OUT FOR US (THAT WON'T HAPPEN EVEN IF HE IS'NT THE COLLINGWOOD PRESIDENT) AND GIVING YOU COMPLAINING INSECURE INTERSTATE CLUBS A HARD TIME AND AS FOR THE COACH I DON'T CARE WEATHER HE GOES OR NOT LICURIASGIRL :mad:

Crikey Licachick, way to dig up old an old relic!

tools1.gif

goalpie said:
What Collingwood really needs is a real cleanout. There are many players that are going to go and with early picks, its a good time clean out the current coaching structure and have a fresh start.

Things will otherwise keep going along the same way otherwise.

So we can look forward to 2 Grand Final appearances in the next 4 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Real Cleanout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back