Real reason for Bomber leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with all that. Here's hoping the return to Windy Hill lessens his chain smoking habits. He is not the sort of guy any of us should hate. He tried his best for a long time, got very drained, has had enough, and is a very human and flawed character LIKE ALL OF US. I wouldn't care if he helps Hirdy get the Bombers up again. We have a new fit young vibrant coach which is a real blessing and begrudging Bomber any success is not necessary and the way he looked and coached at the end shows that his time WITH GEELONG was up. Definitely. This year is better than a wasted 2011 then the departure

If it is to appease his new partner, so be it. Good if he makes this relationship his priority. Not our business at all.

Its also human nature to wish to rationalise everything to appear publicly humane and measured when in reality this never serves the greater good in the long term. Bomber and his personal life became our business when in a premeditated fashion he decided to deceive the club for a very long period of time. We can still be grateful for his efforts and remember the good times in our own way, but why this means we have to devalue the truth of any circumstance confounds me. So the message to anyone is, hey its ok, you're only human, why have any code of behaviour or rules at all? If we all do the wrong thing, why should some go to jail?

Who knows the real reason?? He is just a lying prick so you couldn't believe anything that came out of his treachorous trap.

My guess??.....He is being offered more $ to be assistant Coach of Ess, meanwhile he can "relax" as assistant Coach with less responsibilities than Golden Boy + if Golden Boy stuffs up he can walk into the Senior Coach gig and ask for more $ than they are already forking out for him.

Also; he probably feels he's run his race at GFC and would have to work too hard rebuilding a new list up to contend for the Flag again. He couldn't give two shits about the GFC, but what he forgets is we gave him a chance as an untried Coach and didn't sack him (even though he deserved to be at one point.)

So in conclusion; a pretty good Coach, but just a disloyal snipping little w***er who can't practice what he preaches. I hope the auora surrounding the **** lasts about 6 months at Bomberland and he is exposed for what he is. :thumbsdown:

You really do insist on continuing to make a pickle of yourself Hendo. As PO said, anyone who heard Bomber last night would know when speaking about his partner that the adverse affect on his personal life was weighing heavily on his mind. It's also been canvassed widely in the mainstream media. Maybe the "source" was the same one that (after your multitude of posts saying Gaz was not heading to GC) you claim told you he'd signed a contract with the GC before Xmas. Also wrong and outside the AFL rules.

And your last para shows how little you know of the law relating to de facto relationships. Or the law generally for that matter.

Unsure if that is correct Ammo.

GC could approach players prior to Xmas last year, and did so. Most were signed to MOU's. Whether Ablett was part of that is conjecture.

Contract and MOU is a very thin line, but GC were able to approach players out of contract in 2010 and supply information regarding what a contract with GC would be worth. I believe they were also able to sign players from that point on, but couldn't mention it until the end of the player's current contract.

Albeit out of the laws of the game for all other clubs, not so for GC. If Hendo made that point, along with his statement that Gaz had left, he could be on a winner.

Alas, who cares now. All this negativity is draining. Let Bomber and Ablett go in peace.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Can't see Bomber's partner encouraging Thommo to be loyal to Geelong, since she benefitted from Thommo's previous disloyalty- to his wife, by leaving his wife for his current partner.

So, Bomber leaves both his wife and Geelong, and hooks up with this bird (and Essendon).

The Bomber situation is totally different but has some similarities to the Gazza situation. Bomber is washed up, and has nothing more to give, and the last year with the Gaz crap did not help him. He is a loyal bloke, loyal to the Dons. He sees players different to coaches, where coaches are just employees.

The Bombers are throwing stupid money at him as an assistant, and it is very difficult for him to say no. He will be earning more as an assistant than he did as a Geelong senior coach. His current squeeze would not be cheap, and he needs to support another family. The property deal was a year or two away. He will be well looked after.

His ties to Essendon are strong, and he really loves the club. The way the situation was handled was deplorable, and has hurt him and Hird. Their reputations have forever been tarnished, and so too their standing in the game.

So be it. Bomber leaving can be dealt with, a new coach comes in.

GCazza
- he signed a MOU
- he attended an overseas trip with all the GC recruits Jan 2010
- he allowed his images to be used by GC
- he sold his house in Geeleong when he was still 'deciding'
- he sold every piece of shit he had whilst he was 'deciding'
- Bomber cost him another 'brownlow'
In the end his true selfish colours were apparent, and when Harley said gaz does not give a shit about the concequences of his decisions shows what sort of person he is. Goodluck to him, but he was another soldier during the premiership years, but chased the $$$, so goodluck to him.
And the fact that he chases the media is funny. At least Judd has some dignity.

the Ablett's showed their true colours, and the stories about his dad wanting money for everything need to be seen in the true light. they are money whores.

too much energy has been spent on two lying shits

Not sure about the influence of the fairer sex but the story from a former member of the Essendon hierarchy is :
> Bomber was very nervous about Costa leaving
> No love lost between Bomber and Cook
> Bomber was unsure of how his future would look after Frank left
Decided to move before he was pushed .............
Still doesn't excuse the deplorable way he did it though !

Not sure about the influence of the fairer sex but the story from a former member of the Essendon hierarchy is :
> Bomber was very nervous about Costa leaving
> No love lost between Bomber and Cook
> Bomber was unsure of how his future would look after Frank left
Decided to move before he was pushed .............
Still doesn't excuse the deplorable way he did it though !
MAYBE.....
Bomber WAS pushed, for several reasons, and his dealings with Essendon first and foremost, and also he was finished as a useful senior coach with Geelong. The story about tiredness was an attempt to save his face. He was told to resign so he wouldn't have to be paid out after the Geelong hierarchy was aware of his intentions.

??????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VEEDUBS - pretty big call to be making, best you elaborate on this one including sources yeah?!
Veedubs is attempting to wrest the crown of master of the big statement from Forest. Hinkley was home and hosed as coach was one. St Kilda will be in the GF in 2011 another. Gamble will be a top player at the Saints - though in fairness he's back peddling from that one. This is just another one.

Veedubs is attempting to wrest the crown of master of the big statement from Forest. Hinkley was home and hosed as coach was one. St Kilda will be in the GF in 2011 another. Gamble will be a top player at the Saints - though in fairness he's back peddling from that one. This is just another one.
Incorrect about Hinkley. I don't recall saying that and certainly didn't want he or Sando as next coach. The rest, yes.

VEEDUBS - pretty big call to be making, best you elaborate on this one including sources yeah?!
Obviously I have no sources at all, the thread has a ? , and I am merely posing a POSSIBLE scenario to promote discussion. These are things that are said around various circles as if common knowledge or likely scenarios. Maybe not so commonly known, maybe not so likely. Should edit my post with a ?, ?

Post has now been edited. When I read it back, it does sound as if I know it to be factual. But my intention was to reply to the assertions above with a summary of the stuff I'm hearing.

Think I'll stop posting opinions for a while if they sound like conjecture. Things are taken very seriously.

Anyway, I am glad Bomber has gone for whatever the REAL reason, and am very happy if he has success at Essendon, and I wish him well with his health and his life outside football. Sincerely.

Obviously I have no sources at all, the thread has a ? , and I am merely posing a POSSIBLE scenario to promote discussion. These are things that are said around various circles as if common knowledge or likely scenarios. Maybe not so commonly known, maybe not so likely. Should edit my post with a ?, ?

Post has now been edited. When I read it back, it does sound as if I know it to be factual. But my intention was to reply to the assertions above with a summary of the stuff I'm hearing.

Think I'll stop posting opinions for a while if they sound like conjecture. Things are taken very seriously.

Anyway, I am glad Bomber has gone for whatever the REAL reason, and am very happy if he has success at Essendon, and I wish him well with his health and his life outside football. Sincerely.
Quite correct re " the assertion above" - we on the outside can only speculate however the source of what I posted is genuine and in a position to know, ie first hand discussion with EFC Board ( being a former Board Member )
At the end of the day it was Bombers story on his Geelong situation as told to Essendon- whether it is true, his opinion only or an arse covering exercise we will never know.........
I hope he took the Club by surprise as this sits better with me than us knowing in advance and therefore orchestrating the whole " Bomber Gate" situation. I'd rather betrayal than Cook and Co getting involved in Soap Operas.

Hey lads,

Just thought I'd let you know that we're trialling a more liberal thread on our board where opposition supporters are more than welcome to come and (sensibly) discuss anything football related.

I've found the overwhelming majority of your supporters to be pretty sensible when coming on to our board to discuss the Bomber/Mcartney situation, so if any of you have some issues that you want to get off your chest with our guys, feel free to drop it. :thumbsu:

The Essendon Open Thread - Opposition supporters welcome

Hey lads,

Just thought I'd let you know that we're trialling a more liberal thread on our board where opposition supporters are more than welcome to come and (sensibly) discuss anything football related.

I've found the overwhelming majority of your supporters to be pretty sensible when coming on to our board to discuss the Bomber/Mcartney situation, so if any of you have some issues that you want to get off your chest with our guys, feel free to drop it. :thumbsu:

I'd love to participate but for some reason, I can't seem to find the Essendon board anymore...

Hey lads,

Probably would've been a lot more constructive 3 weeks ago..

Sadly, a case of too little, too late...

In the article, Andrews describes Bombers departure as "messy". Generous euphemism by Gareth!

Everyone at the club knows first-hand that Bomber is riddled with D and D (deceit and disrepect).

I doubt that the football department personnel are as forgiving as Andrews and Carter. Some people never get over having their trust betrayed.

In the article, Andrews describes Bombers departure as "messy". Generous euphemism by Gareth!

Everyone at the club knows first-hand that Bomber is riddled with D and D (deceit and disrepect).

I doubt that the football department personnel are as forgiving as Andrews and Carter. Some people never get over having their trust betrayed.

Hmm! I seem to recall you being a defender of a nude nut that spent 12 months in "deceit" mode. A bit choosy, methinks.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Real reason for Bomber leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back