Realisticly - any chance for the flag 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

:) DON'T get me wrong here, as the guy is a star, but there are plenty out there who seem to think getting Browny back into the line-up will deliver us a finals berth and would have in 2005.
Maybe - maybe not.
I am mconvinced neither way.
Even with Browny in the line-up, we were smashed by the Cats, Saints and were basically being pulverised by the Demons when he went down late in the game.
Without him we defeated the eventual premiers by one point and lost to the Weagles by two.
Again, would he have got us across the line that day. I would like to think so, but not neceessarily so.
With Brown out, we came within a point of upsetting the Cats in round 22 - and at at the Cattery.
It is wrong to pin our hopes on the abilities of one man - and that goes for Fevola.
Would dig having him in yellow and black, but would he deliver us the extra win or two to get us in the finals, or extra four to five wins to snare a berth in the top four?
Great game this football - speculation and all!
At the end of the day (line borrowed from Gary Ayres) one man ain't going to do it on his lonesome.
That aside, on a personal note, believe Ray Hall is worth preserving ahead of Sculz. Just an opinion, but hey, we all get one.
:)

Realisticly if we can get our kicking right we could push for top 4, this seasons you will see that we went inside 50 more than not.

BRING ON SEASON 2006

Tigerbob said:
I hope not. He is a good player to have as a tall in the backline on a resting ruckman, but not as a fulltime CHB.

Jay Schultz should be our CHB for now and 10 years down the track. I see our improvement coming from a settled backline: Gaspar, Kellaway, Schultz, Bowden, Newman, Hartigan. That to me should be our starting six with Thursfield, Hyde, Chaffey, Hall, Moore the backups. The best teams have a solid, settled backline with 3 strong bodies.

If we trade Schultz it will be our biggest mistake. He is more important to us then Brendan Fevola. I tell you what, if we can trade pick 8 for Fevola in the end I would be rapt. Gaspar, Schultz, Coughlan, Richardson and Fevola would be one of the best spines in the competition.

So in conclusion, we trade Schultz and pick up Fevola, we remain a mediocre team. We trade Schultz and get no Fevola, we go backwards. We get Fevola and dont lose Schultz, a finals spot becons...maybe more.

Well Said.

The draw certainly doesn't help! But plenty of development room left so who knows! How many people would of predicted Sydney this time last year!

anything can happen in sport these days. Its all abt commitment to the team and the cause, trust and commaraderie. Look at the swannies, wests tigers, greece in euro 04, porto champions league 03/04.

once again agree wholeheartedly with tigerbobs view :)

CoggaRules said:
ye have little faith in our backline there oxx.

It's a deep seeded fear imbedded in my soul as a result of the last ?? years.

I admit Gaspar improved along with Kellaway but the backline of 05 is a long way from containing a Grand final performing competitior in an environment that is totally alien to any of them bar Johnno.

oxx said:

I admit Gaspar improved along with Kellaway but the backline of 05 is a long way from containing a Grand final performing competitior in an environment that is totally alien to any of them bar Johnno.

Valid point but I would have said the same about a backline that had Barry and Roberts-Thompson as it's KPPs a month ago either!

Possibly....but Terry doesn't kill the game with flooding like that SOB Roos.

At any given time there are constantly men running into support Barry and his mates.It sounds ok but in reality is a strategic cancer.

I like our game plan as is and see it as a healthy environment for the young guys as opposed to teaching them, "if u cant win from skill then drag the opposition down" mentality.

oxx said:

I tend to disagree, Gas and Chubba are commandos, i would be backing them to do what they alwyas do, negate their man, in any game they played in.

DO you want some optimist's view of the tigers, and have stated it for a while, TW has to have seen it, if he hasnt then he better stop listening to the radio for tips, and start opening his eyes but there are 3 in the side that IMO have to be removed and replaced by 3 who produce, not just output, because the 3 did produce output, that is why the constantly get a game, but we need output that counts on the scoreboard, and those who know me know who I am talking about. I just hope there are 3 of the kids that have been earmarked to take over, because as long as the 3 are there we have 3 achilles heels. Hint, 1 is being sought by sheedy, the other didnt play the last 2 or 3 games, due to "injury", and the other is talked about by tigers as being integral to our needs, and I fail to see what they see in him. He used to wear a helmt for a few games.
Replace those 3 with the required personel add a Fev as the marksman and a fit Brownie, and we are more than a real chance, we are a big chance.

itsintheblood said:
Who gave West Tigers a chance? They were tipped to win the spoon this year. The rest is history.

Im excited about next year. Bring it on baby!!!

Many said the same thing about Adelaide this year too (me included) and they nearly won it. As long as we're in it, we have a chance.

richmond_gunner said:
Many said the same thing about Adelaide this year too (me included) and they nearly won it. As long as we're in it, we have a chance.

yeah, but lets go back to 2004, and your theory is blown out of the water. If ever there was no chance, it was us with the bananas we had in our side, along with the bananas that sat in the box. sheeeeeeeesh...what a nightmare.

CoggaRules said:
yeah, but lets go back to 2004, and your theory is blown out of the water. If ever there was no chance, it was us with the bananas we had in our side, along with the bananas that sat in the box. sheeeeeeeesh...what a nightmare.

Good point, but how were we to know that we'd be THAT bad at the beginning of '04?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Realisticly - any chance for the flag 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back