Recommended online streaming services in Australia (Netflix etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bamboozler

Rookie
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
With so many streaming services starting to take off in Australia, it would be good to know which online streaming service people prefer and why?

It would seem that Netflix is one of the most preferred but mainly for tv series and it's not the best if you want to watch some of the new release films that have come out.

Which online streaming service would you recommend (Netflix, Presto, Stan, FetchTV, etc) And why?

I've used Netflix with a VPN for months. It's great because I can pick whatever region I want through the VPN and get a broader selection from Netflix for the same price.

Netflix, Presto and Stan are all offering the first 30 days free, I reckon for Presto and Stan you could go through most of their current catalogue in those 30 days, then jump onto Netflix permanently.

I've used Netflix with a VPN for months. It's great because I can pick whatever region I want through the VPN and get a broader selection from Netflix for the same price.

Is there a wide range of movies (new releases and others) on offer with Netflix?

Or would I have to go down to the dvd store to hire them? Since I don't torrent...

Is there a wide range of movies (new releases and others) on offer with Netflix?

Or would I have to go down to the dvd store to hire them? Since I don't torrent...

Yes, though a smaller selection of New Releases. The selection overall is massive though.

Sold on Netflix!! Its a bit of a minefield out there and with ISP's like iinet that have a packages that don't add any data usage if you watch stuff on netflix, I would want to be sure I like what I'm going to sign up too before I sign up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommended online streaming services in Australia (Netflix etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back