Recruit Profile

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Queensland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Jack Darling
Add information about each rookie or recruit we acquire in the lead up to 2011.

So far the names of our recruits so far as you know are:

Jack Stanlake
Jack Stanley
Jesse Haberfield
Charlie Dixon
Zac Smith

Charlie Dixon
Birth Date: 23-9-90
Birth place: Cairns
Height: 200cm
Weight: 97Kgs
A Cairns product whose parents were both outstanding basketball players, and himself was a junior representative basketballer. Didn't take up football until 2003 and olnly began playing seriously in 2007. Moved to Brisbane this year to further his AFL aspirations.

Jesse Haberfield
Birth date: 17-1-91
Birth place: Whittington (Vic)
Height: 182cm
Weight: 76Kgs
Moved from Geelong to the Gold Coast with his family in 1998 and has been a regular state age representative. His father was a good country footballer.

Jack Stanlake
Birth date: 28-2-91
Birth place: Albury
Height: 190cm
Weight: 79kgs
Son of a former Footscray AFL player, he moved from Albury (NSW) to Harvey Bay in 2002 and later to the Gold Coast in 2003. A standout junior sportsman, he is a highly rated fast bowler and narrowly missed a 2008-2009 rookie contract with the Queensland Bulls.

Jack Stanley
Birth Date: 3-1-90
Birth place: Brisbane
Height: 192cm
Weight: 88kgs
Son of a former Victorian baseball representative, he is a born and bred Queenslander and a product of Nudgee College.

Zac Smith
Birth Date: 22-2-90
Birth Place: Biloela (Qld)
Height: 204cm
Weight: 95kgs
A Queensland junior representative in soccer and indoor soccer from Rockhampon, he is in just his second year of football. Moved to Brisbane this year.

hey this might seem a silly question but if we are playing in the tac cup next year, where are we going to get the rest of out players from between now and then?

No problems, if anyone would like to get that going that would be good:thumbsu:

We'd need a sub-forum. Would BF admin give us one this early?

I think it's important for us as it'll be more difficult for supporters to get any info on GC players because there's not as much exposure to them.

Does anyone really know much about the 5 kids that have signed?

For now we are just going to have to create threads in their own names, and post any information available regarding each player in their own threads.

I have spoken to Admin re sub forum, and we will have one soon enough, but a few details have to be nutted out first, but I take your point, as this board is as much about draft picks and recruiting atm as it is about the club and match day information.

I think I would be pretty safe in suggesting that if/when Zac Smith runs out with Gold Coast in the AFL in 2011 he will be the first Biloela born AFL player.

I spent 6 mths in Rocky...would he be the first anything out of Biloela? :p

Scotty4, On friday, saturday and sunday this week there is like a draft camp like test situation for 16 and 17 year olds from all over Queensland to 'try out' for a 12month contract with the GC which would mean a contract to play in the TAC cup next year for the gold coast, i know this because my best mate up here got a letter for the trial..It is all in house and he is going to an info night Friday so i may be able to let you know a bit more once i get in contact with him that night..But yes from what i can gather it will probably be the best 16 turning 17 and 17 turning 18 year olds to tryout for the GC TAC cup team next year hope this answers your question...:)

hey this might seem a silly question but if we are playing in the tac cup next year, where are we going to get the rest of out players from between now and then?

I'm from rocky orignally and one of my good mates down there got Zac Smith into footy last year.. Very raw, but really tough and courageous something you wouldnt see in a 2nd year player..Has a big engine and can run all day but main thing that was highlighted was how he crashes packs and puts his body on the line...His skills improved dramitically over the duration of his time at Glenmore..He then relocated to Zillmere and was recruited from there...

We'd need a sub-forum. Would BF admin give us one this early?

I think it's important for us as it'll be more difficult for supporters to get any info on GC players because there's not as much exposure to them.

Does anyone really know much about the 5 kids that have signed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hella wrote "It is all in house and he is going to an info night Friday so i may be able to let you know a bit more once i get in contact with him that night".

any news mate

Hella wrote "It is all in house and he is going to an info night Friday so i may be able to let you know a bit more once i get in contact with him that night".

any news mate

Sorry yeah i talked to him today he said that 98% of the 40 players that went to the talent camp will play TAC cup next year, he said that they will be doing 6 training sessions a week 3 fitness, 3 skills sessions..3 more contracted players will be announced after the Queensland state championships next year.. If you want to know anything mroe specific just ask...Cheers:thumbsu:

Yeah, I think that the TAC competition is a fantastic idea by the AFL, and they probably should have done something similar with Fremantle in hindsight.

The AFL have really done this franchise a great service by giving them the amount of time to develop their players at AFL level, so they won't come into the competition and get flogged each week.

Scotty4, On friday, saturday and sunday this week there is like a draft camp like test situation for 16 and 17 year olds from all over Queensland to 'try out' for a 12month contract with the GC which would mean a contract to play in the TAC cup next year for the gold coast, i know this because my best mate up here got a letter for the trial..It is all in house and he is going to an info night Friday so i may be able to let you know a bit more once i get in contact with him that night..But yes from what i can gather it will probably be the best 16 turning 17 and 17 turning 18 year olds to tryout for the GC TAC cup team next year hope this answers your question...:)

cheers mate thats sweet
i heard we signed joey daye?

Joseph Daye
Birth Date: 2/2/1990
Birth Place: Moe (Victoria)
Height: 194cm
Weight: 82kg

Joey is a second-year top-age State U18 player who was a 2007 member of the AIS/AFL Academy squad. He was a 2006 Queensland U16 representative who spent nine years playing with the Strathpine Swans. Joey made his senior AFLQ State League debut last year after switching to Zillmere. He was also a member of the Eagles' Reserves premiership side. He is a tall, athletic utility player who is capable of filling a wide variety of roles.

Zac Smith
Birth Date: 22/2/1990
Birth Place: Biloela (Qld)
Height: 204cm
Weight: 95kgs

Zac is an AFLQ Rookie Search graduate who hails from the soccer ranks in Rockhampton. A strong and athletic 204cm ruckman who is exceptionally quick for his size, he didn't take up football until the end of 2006 and is really in only his second year as a serious competitor. He joined Zillmere after moving to Brisbane this year, and impressed all with his athletic ability as a special invitee to the AIS Camp last December.

For the records, Biloela produced an All Australian Schoolboy for AFL in 1987.Who also played the following year in the Qld Teal Cup team. The same year became one of the youngest players to make his debut in the QAFL for club side Mayne. In an ironic twist I believe his son actually plays for the GC17. Being new to the game, holding down a top 22 position now for a number of weeks at both state and club level i believe must be a consideration for a high draft pick to a club looking to grow or build a team(West Coast eagles)(Melbourne)Who is he????????????

Whats the go with NT picks? There are a few good players from outside the nt that were born there that are playing really good state league footy. IMO Trevor Oliver, Peter Rolfe and Roland Ah Chee should definately sign on!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruit Profile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back