Discussion Recruitment going forward, Ideas for Tours, Promotion, Expansion etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our version of AFLX, you really were the Gil McLachlan of SFA admins.
In the context of the situation, with covid putting a screeching halt to the AFL season, in the first half of 2020 and Chief wanting to get something running to stimulate traffic on BigFooty, it was worth a go.

In the context of the situation, with covid putting a screeching halt to the AFL season, in the first half of 2020 and Chief wanting to get something running to stimulate traffic on BigFooty, it was worth a go.
Absolutely. Sure, it didn't get the interest we had hoped it might but it was better off trying something like it than being so negative at any idea that comes forth in favour of interest of this place, the game we play and our community.

And on that note, it's time for expansion :).

I get the context and it was worth it, I just like hanging shit on you :)

We should run it on the SRP/conspiracy boards. I’ve always said there’s untapped SFA gold over there.

We should run it on the SRP/conspiracy boards. I’ve always said there’s untapped SFA gold over there.
Just re-read some of the Group chatter.
Featured some of Grand Uncle Horace's finest SFA hours :sadv1:

Do I need to go on a mass recruiting spree again? :think:
No, you don’t. Evidently, teams are all going pretty well with numbers these days. The need for recruits is evidently less than in previous seasons.

Just going to double down as I've thought about this more and more and honestly, I see this so differently to most of you I think. I think this is awesome in a way. We're arguably in the best position we've ever been in. An active community with little turnover, do we really need 80 new rookies each and every season? Or have we found an excellent balance of maintaining interest levels within existing posters. I think it's the latter.
You've been talking more and more sense as the seasons go on, and I'll be honest... it's a little frightening.

Well when 95% of match threads and media threads turn into kumbaya hand-held sing alongs, I can completely understand why the league is dying. No-one wants to banter anymore, the engagement has dropped off significantly since the focus of the league shifted to one giant circlejerk. Not being able to criticise anyone doesn't help either. Just like mid 2010s WWE, going PG has killed the product.
Unfortunately it's a little too easy for some "us vs you" banter to get a little targeted and personal here (historically speaking).

You've been talking more and more sense as the seasons go on, and I'll be honest... it's a little frightening.
I'm just as insane as ever, I might just not have the time I thought I had to deliver on it.

The league needs more Media, media is the best part of the league, I would’ve gotten bored pretty quickly if it was only match threads.

More posters should be encouraged to try it, and if you aren’t creative it honestly doesn’t even have to be good you can just make a narrative up to start drama and even that’s beneficial for engagement and storylines.

The front page right now has only one new media piece (I don’t count milestones or signings) yet 6 glorified coin flipping competitions, which is fine in terms of sheer numbers but offer nothing beyond surface level engagement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well get pow-wowing and find a way to get a new team up. There’s enough people in the League to do it.
Do you think there would be any interest in starting an SFA-W team as a point of difference?

There are enough great contributors already in the SFA for a strong core group and some targeted recruiting could do the rest.

You would know within a couple of seasons if it was going to remain viable.

The league needs more Media, media is the best part of the league, I would’ve gotten bored pretty quickly if it was only match threads.

More posters should be encouraged to try it, and if you aren’t creative it honestly doesn’t even have to be good you can just make a narrative up to start drama and even that’s beneficial for engagement and storylines.

The front page right now has only one new media piece (I don’t count milestones or signings) yet 6 glorified coin flipping competitions, which is fine in terms of sheer numbers but offer nothing beyond surface level engagement.
I did some media today. The SFA is saved.

I look forward to your Season 38 beez run :D

i started typing some media, got board and added it to the list of unfinished work that I keep telling myself I'll come back around to
Every good media person has a burgeoning drafts folder so huzzah to you.

Do you think there would be any interest in starting an SFA-W team as a point of difference?

There are enough great contributors already in the SFA for a strong core group and some targeted recruiting could do the rest.

You would know within a couple of seasons if it was going to remain viable.
No.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Recruitment going forward, Ideas for Tours, Promotion, Expansion etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back