Podcast REDockable Podcast

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm it was a genuine question, the only AFL pods I listen to are this one and Duff & Quarters.
I generally avoid the AFL media as they are generally doing a piss poor job trying to imitate their international counterparts.
But If there are any around that actually provide in depth insightful analysis I’d love to hear em.

Sorry, to get all huffy, but it looked to me like you were phishing for an argument, which I don't engage in. Too many dipsh** here on BF just want to argue over semantics or some meaningless disagreement or opinion. I would agree with Van_Dyke about the Trends podcast. If you are interested in a more general analysis of the state of the AFL, I would recommend Handy Point (https://www.facebook.com/HandyPointPodcast/). The three blokes who do it are Freo, Blues, and Saints fans who all live in WA. Again, they look at the issues the AFL is dealing with and each week's games.

I think there is a fundamental cultural difference between sport here in America and Aus. In Aus, you know who each jouro barracks for and they don't hide it at all. There is a lot of "homer" sh** going on (your team sucks, my team's great) and this bleeds into the coverage, which makes it hard to do sound, unbiased analysis (Who doesn't know Whately is a Geelong fan?). Also, there is the subtle Vic-centric attitude as well. So, someone like Dunstall or C. Brown go for Hawthorn > Any Vic team > Non-Vic teams. This puts all of the interstate clubs at a media "disadvantage" for coverage. In the states, as soon as you become a pundit/media team, you do your best to try and be as unbiased as possible. Being a GB Packer fan, I hated Troy Aikman when he a** kicked my team in the 90's. When he became part of Fox's #1 team, I loathed him...but as he grew into the role, I could see he was no more-or-less for or against any team, which is the mark of a true professional.

However, wiz, I'm still gonna disagree with you on your suggestion to PurpleReign95 for more in-depth analysis. Leave that up to the "professionals" (no offense guys!). Hearing about where you guys were when J-Lo kicked the goal and your thoughts on the "three phases" of the Dockers is Grade A stuff. If you tried to get all technical or analytical, you wouldn't be playing to your strengths. I think you hit the sweet spot of commentary v analysis. Why do you think the FFC picked you guys to do the Purple Patch? ;) And, it's so easy to start a pod, I'm sure someone could do it. Wiz, you wanna start a podcast together? You could be the tactician and I could be the stupid American who doesn't know sh** about footy? :) I could ask the "dumb" questions and you could deep dive into what happened that resulted in X, Y, Z? Could be good, man. lol.

This weeks #ReDockable game is the 2012 Elimination Final vs Geelong
If youve got the AFL Live Pass or Kayo (i believe) you can watch the game :)

This weeks #ReDockable game is the 2012 Elimination Final vs Geelong
If youve got the AFL Live Pass or Kayo (i believe) you can watch the game :)

This weeks #ReDockable episode will be part 2 of the Dockers Geelong finals battles.
This week we go down to Kardinia Park (stitch up) for the 2013 Qualifying Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back