dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Literally do not know anything about this kid. I don't even know what position he plays, so can anyone shed some light? I know I'm from Perth and support the Demons who he plays for but I don't live there, hence me having no clue.

I think people have suggested he may go around 25-30. Here are his WAFL stats this season:

http://wafl.pro-stats.com.au/wafl/web/player_profile?pid=96277

I don't mind the look of this guy at all actually. Seems like a nicely rounded player without any obvious weaknesses. Probably doesn't have as much 'star quality' as others and he's a bit on the small side (strong overhead mark though). WAFL form looks good.

Could be a great pick up from the 2nd round onwards but wouldn't surprise me if he went higher.

I don't mind the look of this guy at all actually. Seems like a nicely rounded player without any obvious weaknesses. Probably doesn't have as much 'star quality' as others and he's a bit on the small side (strong overhead mark though). WAFL form looks good.

Could be a great pick up from the 2nd round onwards but wouldn't surprise me if he went higher.
He was one of the few WA guys that stood out in their last 2 games. Guys like Bennell had already become household names (and his first few games deserved it), so Conca didn't get the kudos.
However, his only real weakness is that is he is small. His skills need some polish and so on, but there isn't any major weakness in that side of his game. The issue the recruiters will have is his size.

Personally, if he is good enough, he is big enough, but not everyone thinks that way. I like his workrate, I like his attack on the ball and his willingness to tackle and put his body in the middle of packs. He isn't bad overhead at all. There is PLENTY to like.
If his size was ignored, he'd go 2nd round. But if the recruiters are worried about it (and it does happen), then he could go much lower. If someone gets him in the 4th round (for example), they could be laughing all the way to the bank.

Ch 9 TAC cup program just did a Mock draft, and Kevin Sheehan mentioned Conca would be the perfect selection by Carlton at No 18.
He is a small inside midfielder (179cm) who goes in hard. I would have thought they would look for a KPP & hoping a Cook or a Darling may slide down the pecking order.etc?

lol, im spot on 6ft, people still have it in their heads when they hear that number that its a tall height, and tell me piss off mate, your not 6 ft lol. yeah, 6ft is the new short?

According to a survey done in 1995 (can't find anything more recent) the average height of the Australian male is 174cm, or 5'9", so 6'0" is somewhat above average.

I'm 195cm (6'5") myself, and I'd say at least 95% of the time I'm the tallest person around when I'm out in public. It's pretty rare that I see anyone taller than me around, and if I do, they're usually an athlete of some sort (football, basketball, etc.).

Freo and the Saints have shown alot of interest in Reece.

Brad lloyd speaks very highly of him, so wouldn't be surprised if Freo pull the trigger on him, even though they need KP sorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was considered the best interview of the draft combine.

Sydney and Collingwood spent alot of time talking to him, I think he will go with Sydney's first pick.

According to a survey done in 1995 (can't find anything more recent) the average height of the Australian male is 174cm, or 5'9", so 6'0" is somewhat above average.

I'm 195cm (6'5") myself, and I'd say at least 95% of the time I'm the tallest person around when I'm out in public. It's pretty rare that I see anyone taller than me around, and if I do, they're usually an athlete of some sort (football, basketball, etc.).
197cm mate :D

Draft Profile Reece Conca

Remove this Banner Ad

Back