Speculation Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be tall but he's no KPP. As a forward, he's genuinely cleverer at crumbing than being a marking target. Overall, he has never displayed consistent forward craft. He's kicked a few goals this year in little game time but many are quite opportunistic goals and rarely are displays of genuine forward ability, if you get me.

The FOMO in me says he could be this year's D'Ambrosio, and a rival club might find the right position for him and he could be the bargain of the trade period.

But in four years, he's still not made it clear what his actual position is. He was drafted as a forward-mid but his tank is absolutely nowhere the level it needs to be to play midfield.

Might join the list of success stories of forwards turned defenders. Too late to find out at Collingwood.

Plenty of clubs could do worse than target him as he'll come at a very cheap price

Last edited:

Unfortunately his fitness holds him back a lot, he is one of the quickest at the club but by the 2nd quarter of a game he runs as fast as Lipinski hence he has only been played deep forward at AFL level and been sub a lot

Would prefer we hang on to him as I can’t imagine he’d net us much in a trade, and has good upside. Has pretty exciting AFL traits, just fitness base is massively holding him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back