Reg?

Remove this Banner Ad

theduckfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Mar 31, 2007
GB
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Inter,Victory, Liverpool
Anyone have any news on wether the club has accepted the Database?

was just on sen again, said he had another meating today ,the roys board will not let another vic club be screwed over by afl

Reg from Fitzroy tells us the Fitzroy FC Board (which includes Dyson Hore-Lacey QC) have teamed up with the Vic Fencing Institute who have a heavy investment in the Arden St redevelopment in order to stop the AFL from shafting us.

Valiant.

But is this guy bona fide? Is he genuine? Or is he a poser?

Anyone know anything? Horace?
Sorry can't help but making enquiries.

Heard him on SEN a couple of nights ago and he sounded very passionate.

What I can say is that the Fitzroy Football Club lost access to the 1996 membership data base if that is what we are talkng about. The Brisbane Lions took it and refused access to Fitzroy.

Made for very harmonious relationships that one.:mad:

any chance in relooking at the fitzroy north merger???? There are still 1000's of fitzroy members about?

My recall is that we were a bit half-hearted in our support for disenfranchised Roy Boys once the merger got scuttled. Sound familiar- we stuff up another opportunity!

I remember seeing Fitzroy jumpers and scarves at our games for a while and some of us would thank them and commiserate with them over the loss of their team, but the numbers were pretty small and before long the jumpers and scarves disappeared. Either the people bought North stuff or became disillusioned and stopped coming to our games.

Anyways, plenty of good Fitzroy people like Horace and Wild Kangaroo did join us and that's great, but I'm not sure whether we deserved to get them over to our cause or whether they just felt sorry for us.

What I'm trying to say is I reckon we had a chance to win over more Roys in 1996 and probably blew it.

Cant we call SEN and get his number? tell David Wheaton to call they know who he is and should guve us his number.

Cant we call SEN and get his number? tell David Wheaton to call they know who he is and should guve us his number.

I don't think they'll give out numbers. They might call Reg and say David from WANM has left his number and would like Reg to call him. That's about as far as they can go (if that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone who likes talking on radio should ring and tell the listeners for Reg to call a certain number then perhaps....
Too many people will know it. Get to the studio and of air give them a contact number, surely reg will call again soon, or they can call him up and say contact this number.

My recall is that we were a bit half-hearted in our support for disenfranchised Roy Boys once the merger got scuttled. Sound familiar- we stuff up another opportunity!

I remember seeing Fitzroy jumpers and scarves at our games for a while and some of us would thank them and commiserate with them over the loss of their team, but the numbers were pretty small and before long the jumpers and scarves disappeared. Either the people bought North stuff or became disillusioned and stopped coming to our games.

Anyways, plenty of good Fitzroy people like Horace and Wild Kangaroo did join us and that's great, but I'm not sure whether we deserved to get them over to our cause or whether they just felt sorry for us.

What I'm trying to say is I reckon we had a chance to win over more Roys in 1996 and probably blew it.
That is about the strength of it Mr. Reliable. The key would have been to set up the North Fitzroy Kangaroos as the clubs reserves side. A number of us lobbied North for this, in particular Greg Miller. He was not interested and in line with what he did to scuttle the 1996 merger, he should take more than his share of blame.

Lets hope as a shareholder he does the right thing this time around, because as it is he has much to be ashamed of in my view.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

That is about the strength of it Mr. Reliable. The key would have been to set up the North Fitzroy Kangaroos as the clubs reserves side. A number of us lobbied North for this, in particular Greg Miller. He was not interested and in line with what he did to scuttle the 1996 merger, he should take more than his share of blame.

Lets hope as a shareholder he does the right thing this time around, because as it is he has much to be ashamed of in my view.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Thanks, Horace.

It seems that our on-field success has not been matched by our off-field performance at times. There's got to be plenty of opportunities for a new team with a big broom (and I'm not talking about aiming the broom at the hardworking staff down there who have always been great to deal with. I'd be starting much higher up).

Just with what you said, were I have bolded, There were a number of reasons why I wnet for North. Certainly didnt feel sorry for North.

I come from a Fitzroy barracking family, Dad grew up there.

1. North had a few Fitzroy players in Mellington, Chandler, Pike, Blakey and Armstong.

2. North did alot to for the disenchanted FItzroy supporters, I remeber for a few years there, North asked Us to sign up as a member.

3. I will never forget that picture of the Kangaroo and Lion raising and joining there hands

4. And my mum Grew up in North Melbourne, had a Milk bar in Queensberry st and went to primary school at Errol st.
:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Reg?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back