Injury Reid Out Until Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could combine White's height, athleticism and kicking with Walsh's aggressiveness we would almost have an AFL forward. He'd still have no idea how to position himself unfortunately.

Jesse White could be anything but unfortunately he's Anthony Rocca.

I thought Walsh did ok against Freo, given their backline was utterly flooded for the entire game. He provided a contest and managed to bring the ball down in front quite well I thought...

Please Horse, no more White. It's like Ed Barlow all over again.

go back and watch the hawthorn swans game and tell me how many times jesse was outmarked by lake and gibson. they can both contest perfectly well. I'm sick of the white bashing. he is our player and he has never shown greatness but he is the last player picked not the first. treat him as the 22nd player not the top tenner. and do the same with walsh. be pleasantly surprised when they deliver a bit, not critical when they dont.

on the choice confronting the swans we can choose white or walsh or some third person. Given horse is a structures fellow i cant see them going to a third person. that means its white or walsh.

according to the ressies watchers walsh is a straight kick although he hasnt shown that in the ones to date. jesse is a straight kick.

neither have shown that they are much good at marking the ball at afl level. maybe walsh can. i doubt he will be able to if they play carlisle on him. either way it is just inconceiveable that we will get much from them in the air against the bombers. so what is left - we just need them to bring the ball to ground, to compete on the ground, not let it out much.

I would pick white. you would pick walsh. both of us are likely to be disappointed with the performance but we just have to hope that they get off the chain a bit and compete compete compete.

i am sure horse will go with walsh. he chose him against geelong and fremantle when we were a forward down. he chose white when we were a ruckman down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back