Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Rehn was easily best around the ground imo.

You have also forgotten about the likes of Pittman & name who escapes me who left for the Bullies. Edit- Hudson

How the heck do you have Strachan at #4?
Of course he was, it’s not even close.

We’ve had more than 5 ruckmen. Biglands played almost every game for 5 years in Clarkes time. Griffin played with Maric. Then there’s Hudson and Pitman.

Just bizarre analysis.

Crows ruckman ranking off the top of my head.

1 Rehn
2 Jacobs
3 Micken
4 Clarke
5 Pittman
6 Hudson
7 O'Brien
8 Maric
9 Biglands
10 Griffin
11 Marsh
12 Keating

Who have I forgotten? Ormand-Allen...
You forgot the one we wasted a top ten pick on.

ROB is a limited player but I just can't see how we are getting anything better from Strachan at all. There are rucks out there who have ability around the ground to really impact the game and those players are highly valuable but we're not getting that from Strachan or anyone else on the list.

With ROB you know he's not going to dominate games but he's not going to get completely monstered in the ruck either, and he'll get through the game with minimal support and compete pretty well. You can certainly do worse. It's an upgradable list spot for sure, but not this year.

Rehn was easily best around the ground imo.

You have also forgotten about the likes of Pittman & name who escapes me who left for the Bullies. Edit- Hudson

How the heck do you have Strachan at #4?
"Pathetic Pittman"? ;)

But, yes, Rehn was great around the ground. I always enjoy watching the replay of one of the finals way back when, where Rehn and Robran were alternating at CHF: wonderful performances from both.

Crows ruckman ranking off the top of my head.

1 Rehn
2 Jacobs
3 Micken
4 Clarke
5 Pittman
6 Hudson
7 O'Brien
8 Maric
9 Biglands
10 Griffin
11 Marsh
12 Keating

Who have I forgotten? Ormand-Allen...

What about John Meesen? Brad Moran? Shaun McKernan? Jack Osborn? Angus Graham? Luke Lowden? Paul Hunter?

Of course he was, it’s not even close.

We’ve had more than 5 ruckmen. Biglands played almost every game for 5 years in Clarkes time. Griffin played with Maric. Then there’s Hudson and Pitman.

Just bizarre analysis.
Wernt Griffin/Hudson/Pittman/Biglands the backups to Maric/Maric/Rehn/Clarke?

I did forget about Micken though. Oops.

What about John Meesen? Brad Moran? Shaun McKernan? Jack Osborn? Angus Graham? Luke Lowden?
None worth listing.

If anything the likes of Keating I should have bumped for part-timers like Tippett & Jenkins.

None worth listing.

If anything the likes of Keating I should have bumped for part-timers like Tippett & Jenkins.

Okay well what about Darren Bartsch, Rowan Andrews, Damien McCarthy, James Craig, Jonathan Yerbury or Brad Dabrowski?

(Yes, all of these players were AFL listed at the Crows)

Okay well what about Darren Bartsch, Rowan Andrews, Damien McCarthy, James Craig, Jonathan Yerbury or Brad Dabrowski?

(Yes, all of these players were AFL listed at the Crows)
I remember all but Yerbury & Andrews.

Bartsch the best of that bunch imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And all the other guys that averaged a few hitouts per game, like Romano Negri, James Sellar, Josh Jenkins, Kurt Tippett, Riley Thilthorpe, Chris Burgess, Elliott Himmelberg and Billy Frampton?
Fun fact - went to university with Negri... but he only lasted a few months lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back