Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to disagree
Which part? The drafting or that he's a liability or that we'll never be a contender with him?

EDIT: Re-reading your post, you probably mean to trade for a ready made ruck instead of drafting?

Yeah someone a bit more mature perhaps aged 22 or higher would be ideal, but either way I'd back our ruck development coaches based on their past history.

Last edited:
Everyone here is saying ROB's association with Peterson damages his reputation... Perhaps ROB with his on field performance is the one damaging Peterson's reputation 🤣
Not everyone, knock his football if you must but his personal choices are none of anyone's business but his own.

Every year there's a ruck merry go round where clubs chase young guys not getting a run at their current club. Like we did with Sauce Jacobs. He goes to the top of the pile and everyone else shifts down a rung.

Now is the time to do that again.
We have been linked to Henry Smith at the Lions (from WWT), but has another year on his contract so would need to be a trade and convince Lions to release him.

Ned Reeves has fallen out of favour at the Hawks and Meek is their clear number one, maybe try convince him over?

Ned Moyle will be behind Witts and Read, why not throw a massive contract there to entice him over?

There are probably way more out there. Darcy Cameron had done nothing at Sydney before heading to Collingwood for opportunity and then forced their highest paid player out due to good form.

Seeing as we're dredging up old garbage. Do we think it was O'Brien's own idea or the clubs to post a fake image of a broken phone screen?

From what I can tell he was mostly tame and logical until he started jumping onto the anti gay/trans/women podcast circuit
Actually the opposite. Peterson was a religious fundamentalist grifter in the Bush era before he pivoted to the modern Phrenology grift.

Seeing as we're dredging up old garbage. Do we think it was O'Brien's own idea or the clubs to post a fake image of a broken phone screen?

Actually the opposite. Peterson was a religious fundamentalist grifter in the Bush era before he pivoted to the modern Phrenology grift.
Take it to the Politics, religion or whatever topic you like that suits because it has zero to do in a football/player thread.

Not exactly. Jordan Petersons views harm people in society, so by association Obrien - someone in the limelight - has negative impact on people.

OMG that big white lug that lumbers around for the crows got a photo with that nasty man from the internet! My life is so much worse off!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people don't want to be reminded that their 2020 "We need to back players X,Y,Z in with at least 50 games!" posts have turned into "Why did we waste 50 games on these players!" posts.

But this is how Reilly O'Brien was discussed up to his rake-stepping spree.
None of which has anything to do with a person's Political/Social views...zero.

Which part? The drafting or that he's a liability or that we'll never be a contender with him?

EDIT: Re-reading your post, you probably mean to trade for a ready made ruck instead of drafting?

Yeah someone a bit more mature perhaps aged 22 or higher would be ideal, but either way I'd back our ruck development coaches based on their past history.

Definitely trading. There is a small chance of getting one through the MSD. It I would prefer to see a Moyle - even a Tom Campbell - come in ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We have been linked to Henry Smith at the Lions (from WWT), but has another year on his contract so would need to be a trade and convince Lions to release him.

Ned Reeves has fallen out of favour at the Hawks and Meek is their clear number one, maybe try convince him over?

Ned Moyle will be behind Witts and Read, why not throw a massive contract there to entice him over?

There are probably way more out there. Darcy Cameron had done nothing at Sydney before heading to Collingwood for opportunity and then forced their highest paid player out due to good form.
Never heard of Max Heath?

Max Ramsden is also at the Hawks worth a look?

Last edited:
Definitely trading. There is a small chance of getting one through the MSD. It I would prefer to see a Moyle - even a Tom Campbell - come in ready to go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Tom Campbell..

200.gif

ROB does genuinely do some very good charity work off the field and has always seemed an approachable and nice bloke, not sure why his political views are important. He would be one of our first players to put their hand up for something like this last week.

There is no doubt ROB does some very good things off field. Younger players talk highly how he has supported them.

My issue with him is his on field performances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Reilly O'Brien

Remove this Banner Ad

Back