Remove this Banner Ad

MoffOnTou

Club Legend
Suspended
Apr 26, 2002
Thank God Not Melbourne or Adelaide
Other Teams
Canterbury Bulldogs
Im sure guys such as Tutt and Tutaki will be interested in this (as well as our british friends!)

NEW DATES CONFIRMED FOR 2003 KANGAROO TOUR
21 February 2003

The ARL’s preparations for the 2003 Kangaroo Tour are underway with weekends locked in for the three Test series against Great Britain as well as three other international fixtures.

The overseas schedule is in addition to the domestic Test against New Zealand in Sydney on July 25.

At the conclusion of this year’s Telstra Premiership the Kangaroos will embark on one of the most comprehensive overseas tours in many years.

First stop will be New Zealand, on October 18, for the 100th Test between the two nations.

From there the Kangaroos will fly directly to Europe for the three Test series against Great Britain, a match against England A and another against Wales. Discussions are also under way regarding another international either between France or possibly Russia on October 25 or 26.

Exact dates will be finalised when venues are confirmed but the international calendar is currently as follows:

July 25: Australia v New Zealand Sydney
October 18: Australia v New Zealand New Zealand
October 25/26: Australia v France/Russia
October 28/29: Australia v England A London
November 1: Australia v Wales South Wales
November 8/9: Test One
November 15/16: Test Two
November 22/23: Test Three

Credit: www.nrl.com

Overall, it looks good, although hopefully they will be playing a few club sides before the test matches as well

Cheers,
Moffo

Excellent, thanks Moff.

Heard that the last test will be on the day the Rugby World Cup Final will be on. So should be interesting.

Brett, we should meet up for the England A game in London.

Too right, Moff. I am interested in what you posted. I would like to see the boys go all out and play both Russia and France but this will all be depending on wether or not the 2 nations are interested in playing the best rugby league nation in the world.

• Banned
Cheers mate

I think the France/Russia situation depends on whether France are involved in a European tournament at the time. Im not 100% up on the Euro schedule at the moment, so im not sure exactly what is happening, although i understand that Love would prefer a game against the French

Cheers,
Moffo

Is it wise to be scheduling a game against Russia, they'd get slaughtered wouldn't they?

It'd be like playing cricket against Holland (or England).

Richo

Originally posted by Richoagain
Is it wise to be scheduling a game against Russia, they'd get slaughtered wouldn't they?

It'd be like playing cricket against Holland (or England).

I personally don't think it matters if they get flogged for a number of reasons, mainly because the players get a chance to represent their country and gain experience with their chosen footy code.

I like the idea of having many sports to chose from in all countries, as there are many different body shapes and sizes around, and most often kids are lost to footy because they feel they might not do well in one particular code of footy (or sport for that matter) they then can try another!

playing russia would be a training drill for the aussies, but to develop interest in a sport, your team needs to play the best. the game in russia would not expand too much if they are always playing the USA, Lebanon etc... if they are part of tours such as this, it might boost some tv coverage for the sport, even if they are only interested in looking at the world champion australian side.

its like soccer in this country. it does no-one any good always playing tonga, NZ, american samoa etc. the only way to promote the game is to play quality teams like england, and occasionally beat that hapless rabble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Released: 2003 Roo Tour dates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back