Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Locations of licenced establishments in Sweet and environs, with names where a name exists.
Red markers indicate that the premises has a proprietor attributed. Yellow markers indicate available proprietorship.
pubs_in_sweet_2022(2).gif

Sweet FA Road Trips - S34R02 Spotswood Park to Golden Throne

Still reliant on a server snapshot and conscious that my laptop will explode if I give it too much to do, I have chosen to show a quick'n'ready overhead passage from Spotswood to Golden Valley.

En route we pass Waverley Oval, The Colosseum, Muncipal Reserve, SITS, the BJO and Dun Lop Stadium. Suburbs traversed comprise Spotswood, Waverley, Rasasidge, Nou Camp, Old Town, Sweet CBD, Dun Lop, Punt & Golden Valley.

This video is part of a Minecraft replication of locations in the world of Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association. The server is currently out of action, therefore this trip was recorded on a snapshot copy.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is now in the midst of its 34th season, in full bloom with the equal largest number of teams competing in any one season - one needs to go all the way back to Season 04 for the other 13-team season!

More information available at the Bigfooty AFL forums :

Built on Bigfooty's Minecraft server:

League Statistical Repository Behemoth (thanks to Hate) SweetFA+:

Locations of licenced establishments in Sweet and environs, with names where a name exists.
Red markers indicate that the premises has a proprietor attributed. Yellow markers indicate available proprietorship.
View attachment 1468478
I don't need no steenkin' licence to serve tequila!

Sweet FA Road Trips - S34R07 Spotswood Park to Van Cortlandt Park

Off to the VCP in Docklands suburb today, via Waverley and Rasasidge.

This video is part of a Minecraft replication of locations in the world of Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association. The server is currently out of action, therefore this trip was recorded on a snapshot copy.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is now in the midst of its 34th season, in full bloom with the equal largest number of teams competing in any one season - and they want to bring in another one!

Sweet FA Location Spotlight - Colosseum, Rasasidge

How it looked four years ago! The home of the Wonders for about the last three quarters of their existence is the furiously named but in reality super-hospitable and comfy Colosseum arena in Rasasidge. The ground has been upgraded with additional facilities since this footage was captured, and the suburb around it has built up considerably, as well.

Note the small clubhouse in the pocket hard up against the water's edge. This building holds the esteemed status of being the first building constructed specifically as part of the development of Sweet. I know that sounds like it includes an "albeit", and yes there is. But when I decided I would put Sweet on Minecraft, it's absolute fact that this was the first building erected in the region.

This video is part of a Minecraft replication of locations in the world of Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association. This video was originally captured from Bigfooty's multiplayer server way back in 2018.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is now in the midst of its 34th season, in full bloom with the equal largest number of teams competing in any one season - and they want to bring in another one!

Sweet FA Location Spotlight - Colosseum Flyover 2022

I went looking for Colosseum footage today and found that there was nothing in the last four years! So out comes the Creative mode snapshot copy of the server while Chief gets his linux-infested arse into gear! And here is the Colosseum in it's Rasasidge cradle as of bloody right now ffs.

Sweet Location Spotlight - Sweet Kennels (Rasasidge)

On Jackson Road at the border of Rasasidge and Docklands, dogs105 runs his swish spa retreat for like-legged types.

Sweet FA Road Trips - S34 R09 Underground Stadium to Spotswood

Box & Nandrolone Roads don't getta lotta luvvin' throughout these Road Trip treatments. This is generally because they are off the beaten path, underused, and until the OOBs arrived they almost had no trips to serve. Well that changes now that Spotswood Park is under new occupancy!

This trip takes us from the basement level of the Los Carraras Shopping Complex, in Nou Camp, and swots us wittingly through Subiaco and Waverley until Spotswood is reached. Apart from Box & Nandrolone Roads, you will also see a little of Cincinattus Avenue, and of Visro Parade.

Box Road, by the way, is named after x_box_x, after whom the Exies were named. Nandrolone Stam was the inspiration for the other thoroughfare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kananooks here is the first screenshot I have of the hippodrome, which way back then was known as Punt Road Oval. A lot of our ground names back then had real-world flavours (Alberton Oval, Waverley Oval, etc) and the PRO was one of them - eventually we moved away from it to further the standalone feeling of the Sweet FA. The road there is still called Punt Road. From the start, just to shake up the references, I called the suburb Punt, it just kindah works out.

2016-12-29_13.42.27.png

Anyway, this is the early days of building Sweet on Minecraft. I do have some earlier screenies of the same area before the ground (the literal ground - dirt in the area) was placed, prior to the PRO being built. Can't remember where I put them.

Now Punt is a bustling suburb, it is built up more than most other suburbs actually. Has more houses built in it than any other except I think Nou Camp (Bears/Swampies).

And here's how it looks nowadays (screenshot is only 6 months old):
2022-03-29_16.35.23.png

There's actually a bit over 66gb of records on the Minecraft world of Sweet and surroundings, invoking 16000 files.

I basically keep everything neatly sorted via locations and jurisdictions.
Code:
REGIONAL LEVEL                     SUBURBAN LEVEL      STREET LEVEL        PROPERTY LEVEL
Hindealla Nation (general)         ┌─── Nou Camp   ┌─── Wagstaff Rd    ┌─── Punt Rd Docks
Meckons - Sweet, Tittybong, etc ───┤               │                   │
Yuana - Rhilpisa, Maprako, etc     ├─── Punt ──────┼─── Punt Rd ───────┼─── hippodrome
Calinnisen - Lirmi, etc            │               │                   │
Langendria - Tindoo, Tanoca etc    └─── etc        └─── etc            └─── etc
Ibarawa - Neighbouring nation

sweet_directory_delve.gif

love it Mobbs .. great work mate.

im really fond of minecraft. would love to login and give this a wonder one day
Give it a wander instead. We don't want those Wonders in the city, they spit on the road in public.

Sweet Property Spotlight - Allotment 5, Viemari Rd, Nou Camp

The chosen home of Cap in the Viemari precinct of Nou Camp, keyed in tightly between a pub and the RCPQ*.

* The Research Centre for Posting Quality

Their predominant theory is that the Kremlin was signaling that this vital line carrying energy to Europe is vulnerable to attack — a means to warn the EU over its support for Ukraine.

But Carlson had a different view

I mean, I was half joking about posters here copying whatever Tucker says.

Turns out I was 100% right 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back