Respect to Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Hated him as a player, FIGJAM and all that.

But as a coach this year, full respect as a human being and how he conducts himself.

Big respect and commiserations.
By far my favourite coach. Used to love listening to him speak because he was always so honest, especially when he spoke last year about potentially losing his job at the end of this year.

Comes across as an absolute gentleman, watching him comforting the banner people was so heartwarming.
Absolutely shattered for him but I hope he gets some success in his coaching career

By far my favourite coach. Used to love listening to him speak because he was always so honest, especially when he spoke last year about potentially losing his job at the end of this year.

Comes across as an absolute gentleman, watching him comforting the banner people was so heartwarming.
Absolutely shattered for him but I hope he gets some success in his coaching career
Here here

I'm a bit emotional as one can expect

Buy you have said what what I'm struggling to say.

Has always made a lot of sense when he speaks. The issues you heard about were around his need to control everything & accept players will make mistakes. Clearly he has made giant strides with these two deficiencies which wouldn't be an easy thing to do. Full credit to him.

By far your favourite coach? Poor Clarko

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really like Buckley and I feel that he's really proven himself as a couch. He weeded out the trouble makers and built a quality young side that really plays for him.

Love listening to him talk about the game, he's intelligent, considered and doesn't act like a flog like so many others.

Hated him as a player, FIGJAM and all that.

But as a coach this year, full respect as a human being and how he conducts himself.

Big respect and commiserations.
Have thought that since he finished playing. Has always conducted himself well in the media and is a very smart operator. Almost a premiership coach.....credit to him

I've actually been hugely impressed with how he's conducted himself. He was thrown into the deep end by the whole succession fiasco, and done absolutely no favours by Eddie. But he has grown hugely since then. Felt awful for him, even among the jubilation. I hope he gets his chance to lift the cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Respect to Buckley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back