Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Boro 3 (Nemeth 2, Maccarone) - Sunderland 0
Arsenal 2 (Wiltord, Henry) - Man City 1 (Anelka)

Entertaining game at Highbury with Arsenal fully deserving their victory. I am fairly happy with City's effort although we gave the ball away way too much against a side the calibre of Arsenal.

Arsenal should have had a 3rd with a legitimate Henry goal given offside, but countering that Viera would have been fairly pleased to get a yellow instead of a red for an out of character ;) studs up challenge on Berkovic. City finished with 10 men for the second game in a row after Bernarbia got his second yellow late in the game for insulting a pathetic whinging whining imbecilic maggot of a linesman. ;)

Moomba

just can't seem to beat boro. that's 3 losses against them in a row now :( I thought reid had shored up the defence, but obviously not. hopefully craddock will be back soon.

did vidmar play?

Originally posted by sussudio
just can't seem to beat boro. that's 3 losses against them in a row now :( I thought reid had shored up the defence, but obviously not. hopefully craddock will be back soon.

did vidmar play?

I think your Sunderland boys are in the ****s. We haven't scored 3 goals since Jesus was a boy (Derby, early last season. 5 in the second half).

Vidmar did not play, but will be a sub in the next match, very much doubt he'll ever be a starter barring injury as our defence is magnificent. His brother on the other hand........... :D

Originally posted by Bulldog1954
I think your Sunderland boys are in the ****s.

I'm not worried at this stage. sunlun always have crap starts. this was the case even in the seasons when they finished 7th. lots of new players were brought in, and they need time to gel.

reports suggested that it was a lack of pace that did the lads in. must have been struggling to breath from all the smog ;)

I look forward to the return match on wearside :)

And some more results from this mornings matches

Villa 2 - Charlton 1

Southampton 1 - Everton 0

Fulham 3 - Spurs 2 (Bye top spot, see you again in a year or so;))

West Ham 0 - West Brom 1 (Is it in Roeders contract that they
have to be crap for the first month or so)

Liverpool 2 - Birmingham 2 (Scousers couhg up a 2 goal lead ... again)

Blackburn 2 - Chelsea 3

Man Utd 0 - Bolton 1 (Are Bolton the Middlesbrough of the North West :D:D:D)

Newcastle 0 - Leeds 2

Moomba

Chelsea are just cruising in third gear at the moment.
Undefeated after 5 matches (like last season) and with Newcastle (2nd last) up next, Chelsea can really get in contention. With a win, Chelsea mathematically could jump to first, but realistically they will manage to jump into the top 3.
Having said that, Newcastle are one team I shouldn't feel comfortable with. There goal kicking power of Lua Lua, and the running of Alan Sheara (spelling) could get Newcastle over the line.

Could someone please post the goals in the Rovers and Chelsea game? I can't find them :(.

cheers!! :cool:

Originally posted by X_box_X
Could someone please post the goals in the Rovers and Chelsea game? I can't find them :(.

cheers!! :cool:

From www.soccernet.com

Final score Ewood Park Attendance: 22,999

Blackburn 2 - 3 Chelsea

David Dunn (pen 18) Jesper Gronkjaer (38)
David Thompson (45) Gianfranco Zola (52)
Gianfranco Zola (80)

Chelsea may be going well but have they played many dud teams. They are normally the ones that they have troubles with.

Moomba

Originally posted by moomba

From www.soccernet.com

Final score Ewood Park Attendance: 22,999

Blackburn 2 - 3 Chelsea

David Dunn (pen 18) Jesper Gronkjaer (38)
David Thompson (45) Gianfranco Zola (52)
Gianfranco Zola (80)

Chelsea may be going well but have they played many dud teams. They are normally the ones that they have troubles with.

Moomba

Thanks for that mate. I'll take a look soon.
You're pretty spot on about Chelsea only performing well against good sides. That has to be a good thing though come FA cup :)

Originally posted by moomba
Liverpool 2 - Birmingham 2 (Scousers couhg up a 2 goal lead ... again)

This is a really disappointing result for us. I know it's only early days, but we can't afford to throw away points to teams we should beat... it could come back to haunt us at the end of the season.

Go mighty Reds!! :cool:
SeinDude

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by NICK THE PIE MAN
Ohh Leeds we love you. :D

Ditto! :D

If Paul Robinson isn't England's Goalkeeper soon, then there is something serious wrong. His game last night was sensational.

Smithy, what a goal and Vidooks just continues scoring and isn't Harry just revelling in his roaming role?

Great win, bring on Man U this Saturday. I hope Rio enjoys his return to Elland Road. :p

Originally posted by sussudio

I'm not worried at this stage. sunlun always have crap starts. this was the case even in the seasons when they finished 7th. lots of new players were brought in, and they need time to gel.

reports suggested that it was a lack of pace that did the lads in. must have been struggling to breath from all the smog ;)

I look forward to the return match on wearside :)

I couldnt care less about the smog, its on the other side of the world I only care about the players. And I would be worried, nobody but nobody lets us score 3 goals and we aren't exactly great starters either, 0-4 last year.

Look forward to another 3 points at the Riverside, you might already be relegated :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Results

Remove this Banner Ad

Back