Retirements

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I know it's not the end of the year, but if we win the flag I think we'll be losing some of our great players at the end of 2005. There's been plenty of talk on a few players, and despite their relatively young age, they want to hang up the boots.

Aussie Jones wants to retire, Gehrig wants to retire, and those two are only 28-29. Then we've got Peckett, Thompson and Harvey, who are 32, 32, and 34.

It's a scary thought.

I can understand Fraser retiring - he's playing on half a leg. Don't quite understand what Aussie is talking about though... why on earth anyone would want out at 28 given the potential in St Kilda's list (which will hopefully remain unrealised on Friday night ;) )... it's beyond me.

Aussie was on fox footy on saturday talking about retirments at the club and from the sounds of it he was going through a patch where it was in the back of his mind and needed to put it out in the open to let off some steam. He said it made him feel better after that and i think maybe gehrig going public and saying he is considering retiring is to let off a bit of pressur like aussie did.

Aussie also said in the interview that harvey could play on next year after the form he showed against the crows.....

But yeh, there is some real tallent there and will be a shame to loose those guys if they go :(

Do you think we could see a retiree in the coaches box next season???

davieblaze said:
Aussie also said in the interview that harvey could play on next year after the form he showed against the crows.....
Yeah but I get the feeling a champion like him will want to leave "on a high note". It's a good way to retire, even if we'll miss him on the field.

johnnyhoward said:
Yeah but I get the feeling a champion like him will want to leave "on a high note". It's a good way to retire, even if we'll miss him on the field.
Yeh totally agree. I doubt he would.

I strongly doubt that big Frase would retire. The guy has yet to finalise contract negotiations and doesn't want other teams snooping around to try and convince him to play for them. He will have the op and a have a slightly abbreviated preseason and will be donning the Red, White and Black in 2006.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retirements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back