General Bombers Talk Retro Guernseys

Remove this Banner Ad

I could have done with the extra warmth at the VFL yesterday. Not that I was wearing an Essendon jumper, I just had regular clothes on including a longish jacket and my Essendon scarf.

But I can assure you, Trevor Barker Oval at Sandringham on a cold, windy day is ****ING COLD!

Noticed these on the website today:

3A1922C5-E4C5-6022-D50236D68CE97A49retrol-sleevejumper.png

A few options, short-sleeve acrylic, long-sleeve acrylic and short-sleeve woolen. Anyone own one and care to comment on the fit or quality?

Needs more Nubrik

Imagine back in the day running around in those woolen jumpers while being sweaty you'll be red and itchy after the game.

I wore woollen jumpers back in the day - never had an issue. Pros and cons for mine - the old woollen jumpers protected you more from scratches but the jumper was easier to grab hold of when getting tackled. The new ones are tight fitting and slippery meaning its hard to grab a jumper in a tackle - however due to being tight you cop more pinching and scratches.

No doubt a Nubrik/Don Smallgoods logo is whats missing. I can think of no other reason than not wanting to give away free advertising to the companies, or that since the old sponsors have moved on their competitors might be giving the clubs money. In our case I thought both Nubrik and Don were still smaller supporters of the club, so it shouldn't be an issue.

The rugby league retro jerseys stay true to the old sponsorship - even Parramatta who were sponsored by James Hardies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Shane I can remember you and Dippa having strength tests at the G in the early 80s the story was you could beach press 300 pounds - great memories do you want to sell it if so how do I go about it. I'm trying to develop a display of the back to back premierships. Regards
Rod

#### me..google images had this in 1993 gf search.

Never seen it. And I thought I'd seen all of them :)

Joey getting strangled lol

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back