Ricciardo to make Formula 1 debut at Silverstone July 10, 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/mo...for-perth-driver/story-e6frg26l-1226085114066

Ricciardo has been loaned by Toro Rosso to the Hispania team. Lets hope he out-qualifies his team mate and finishes the race. Cant expect too much with that car but a solid qualifying in comparison to his team mate would be a successful weekend.

And what a circuit to make your debut!! This Silverstone race will be very interesting now :)

Genuinely great guy, hope he has a good run. :thumbsu:

Do question the wisdom of it, and how much he gains from trundling around under permanent blue flags racing 3 other cars, though. Not unusual for Red Bull to loan their drivers, have done so before, but not so sure it's an ideal thing for the kid himself.

Still, further evidence that the guys in charge like him, and could be close to going in at Toro Rosso this year IMO. I'm not sure they fork out the cash if they had no plans of running him in their own cars this year IMO. :thumbsu:

Back on topic, i dont want to jinx anything, but ive got a feeling Ricciardo could be a world champion. Now i know this sounds stupid and is a very early call, but its his name.

Some people you just know wont turn out to be superstars of their sport - like Bellchambers, and McDougall. But the name Ricciardo has a good ring to it. Like Matera.

Anyway laugh at me now, but i hope i remember to bump this post when he is world champ in 5 years time. :)

Good luck to him. Hopefully this leads onto joining one of the main teams in the future as a full time drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldnt care less about ALF.
IF you lot can be proud of webber, I can be too.
Mark Webber was born in Australia. Why shouldn't we claim him?

Not sure why anyone's calling Ricciardo an Italian. He's not.

I think the head guys at HRT are just looking forward to saying "and he made his debut in our car...." when Ricciardo becomes a champion...:D

Its great news and Im cautiously optimistic but I worry about the effect that driving such a dog of a car will have, especially if he doesnt do as well as hoped. Last thing we need is for him to put up some bad performances and the have Helmut Marko drop off of him

EDIT: Lol at this statement by HRT chairman Jose Ramon Carabante's on Ricciardo driving for them
This agreement is a reward for all the hard work Hispania Racing has shown since we started in Formula 1 last year

Its great news and Im cautiously optimistic but I worry about the effect that driving such a dog of a car will have, especially if he doesnt do as well as hoped. Last thing we need is for him to put up some bad performances and the have Helmut Marko drop off of him

EDIT: Lol at this statement by HRT chairman Jose Ramon Carabante's on Ricciardo driving for them
To be fair I'd be working my arse off if it meant getting Narain Karthikeyan the hell away from my team.

D Ricciardo to fight the HRT through the field and overtake Vettel on the last lap for the win*

*Perhaps a tad optimistic:p

would this be the first time 2 australians are driving in the same gp?
First time since 1977 apparently.

Alan Jones was obviously a contender while Larry Perkins and Vern Shuppan had a few races also.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricciardo to make Formula 1 debut at Silverstone July 10, 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back