Remove this Banner Ad

Jetta_Myers

Draftee
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind me posting on your board - I know some people can be a bit picky about opposition supporters.

Anyways, just wondering how you all thought Dougo is going, I know he won the B & F but was just interested what the supporters thought. I ask because I started a thread about him a few years ago wondering how he was traveling so I was just curious if anything has changed/improved. Knew him well during his Cannons days so im just interested, by the way he was/is an absolute top bloke in case anyone has any questions about him.

Thanks!

ps great to see McKernan do so well - I was cheering for him very loudly, great talent!

Hey mate!

Firstly, you'll find that the Adelaide board is very welcoming to opposition supporters giving their own view and insight on our board. In fact, we encourage it.

On to your question, I think we are all very content with the form of Douglas since about halfway through last season. In the 2010 pre-season he set himself up to build his fitness to the level required to play midfield and the results showed. It also gave him more confidence in taking players on, holding his feet and improving other areas of his game that weren't quite up to standard previously.

Personally I've been a fan of Douglas since his early TAC days and was rapt when he picked him up. His agility in congestion as well as his skill above his head for a short bloke were particularly impressive and both were evident in his game last year than previously.

He's become a bonafide AFL player and whilst it's taken longer than perhaps some expected, he has definitely turned the corner. He'll receive a bit more attention this year so it's important for him to take the challenge on and repeat his efforts of last year.

I know he won the B & F but was just interested what the supporters thought.

He is one of my favourites, I love his workrate and is more skillful than what some people probably realize and was disappointed he didn't have a big game against Hawthorn. I don't think he will ever be a superstar a la Brent Harvey/Gary Ablett but a genuine 200+ game player he will be.

Improved dramatically, delivering on his talent now. Every time he got it against the hawks he looked good. So much more balanced than he once was; uses his pace well now too. A gun.

I used to be a Douglas hater.

He had a propensity to go to ground under pressure and do those ridiculous blind turns into tackles that just made me cringe whenever he got the football.

I try not to be too negative but I really didnt like him and felt that we should have traded him in 2009.

That said, I am very happy to admit I was wrong after his fantastic performance last year. He really seemed to find his feet and looks a completely different player.

Looks to have worked very hard on some his weaknesses and is playing to his strengths, pace especially.

I'm looking forward to seeing him back up last year with another succesfull season in 2011.

Hi everyone,
Hope you don't mind me posting on your board - I know some people can be a bit picky about opposition supporters.

Anyways, just wondering how you all thought Dougo is going, I know he won the B & F but was just interested what the supporters thought. I ask because I started a thread about him a few years ago wondering how he was traveling so I was just curious if anything has changed/improved. Knew him well during his Cannons days so im just interested, by the way he was/is an absolute top bloke in case anyone has any questions about him.

Thanks!

ps great to see McKernan do so well - I was cheering for him very loudly, great talent!

A big confidence player, and has worked as hard as anyone at improving himself since he came to the club. Only one area he hasn't improved - his left foot. Perhaps you could have a word to him..........

Hi everyone!

Thanks heaps for your replies! So glad to hear that he is doing well and that the supporter base feel he is on the improve.
A quality bloke who deserves all the success he gets at AFL level as I know he works as hard as possible to get the best out of himself.

Good luck for the year Crows!

Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Douglas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back