Radio Richard Marsland passes away

Remove this Banner Ad

Such a shock. Richard was a great talent, I loved his work and will be sadly missed by all I am sure.

R.I.P Richard Marsland.

I was actually thinking yesterday to bring back all of Richard's nicknames on his Wiki page...

n758400959_421175_8554.jpg

Bless him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am shocked also. Probably one of the few Melbourne Radio identities that I actually find amusing these days.

I read a few days ago about a shake up of the Pete Hellier and Myf Warhurst show, due to their poor ratings. I hope he was not a victim of this. They should have gotten rid of Pete and Myf completely.

His work on Get This was nothing short of brilliant with Ed Kavalee and Tony Martin. And should still be going if it was not for Triple MMMs completely inept management.

RIP Richard Marsland

RIP Richard Marsland

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24762464-5006301,00.html

Radio star Richard Marsland's shock death

TRIBUTES have poured in for former Sunday Mail columnist, radio anchor and writer Richard Marsland who died suddenly today. He was aged just 32.

The entertainer - who started his radio career on SA-FM alongside comedian Greg Fleet and Footy Show host James Brayshaw - was found dead in his car at Ship Rocks Falls at the foot of the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria.
His death was understood not to be suspicious.

Marsland, whose parents live north of Adelaide, was working in Melbourne as co-host and anchor of Triple M's radio breakfast show alongside Peter Helliar and Myf Warhurst.

Adelaide TV personality Anne Wills co-hosted Seven's AM Adelaide with Marsland for six months before the show was axed in 2003.

She said she was "shocked" by his death and said his passing would leave a "huge hole" in her life.

"I never worked with someone who made me belly laugh so much," the multi-logie winning entertainer said.

"I think the entertainment industry in Australia has lost a great talent.
"The minute I worked with him I thought `What an absolute talent', he reminded me of a young Ernie Sigley.

"I for one will miss him dreadfully and I can't believe I won't see his silly smiling face."

Marsland wrote for the Sunday Mail's Mail Men column and worked
alongside some of modern radio's brightest stars including Mick Molloy, Tony Martin, Fifi Box and Hamish and Andy.

FiveAA radio presenter Amanda Blair said Marsland was not only a ``comedic genius'' but the ``nicest man in radio''.

``There was not one person who said an ill word about Richard," said Blair who worked with Marsland at SA-FM for more than five years.

"Everyone is shattered, he's just a wonderful human being it's such a waste. I can't think of enough words to say how much we loved him."

Marsland's talents were in demand across the entertainment industry and he wrote for Channel 10's Rove Live and ABC's The Glass House and Shaun Micaleff's SBS program Newstopia.

Helliar, on behalf of the Pete and Myf breakfast team, said: "Richard was a great writer, a great performer and a great friend.

"It is heartbreaking to think that we won't see him again and we can only begin to imagine how hard this must be for his family."

Austereo Melbourne general manager Ben Amarfio expressed the station's sadness.

"Richard was an incredibly talented and popular member of the Triple M team," he said.

"He has been an integral part of the company for much of his career.
"Everyone he worked with was impressed with his professionalism and dedication and he had an extremely bright future ahead of him.

"We thought so highly of Richard that we were expanding his role in the show next year."

"Our thoughts are with his family and loved ones at this difficult time."

He was only 32 - such a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family and friends especally being so close to Christmas

RIP :(

This is very sad news. RIP Ricky.

I read a few days ago about a shake up of the Pete Hellier and Myf Warhurst show, due to their poor ratings. I hope he was not a victim of this. They should have gotten rid of Pete and Myf completely.

I don't think this is the case, I was just reading before, someone reasonably high up in Austereo/Triple M was saying that they were going to expand his role next year.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24762464-2682,00.html

****.... RIP Armitage Shanks.

I'm in absolute shock. This is the first time I've felt saddened personally at the loss of a celebrity, and not just a passing though of that's a shame. The world is worse off today.

Get This was a show you listened to because Tony, Ed and Richard felt like your mates who you'd talk to every day. Their show being axed was like them moving interstate, you couldn't talk to them every day, but you had memories (podcasts) to go back to when you missed them. Yesterday one of those mates died. It's truly upsetting. I might have to give the Get This podcasts a rest for a while.

Get This was a show you listened to because Tony, Ed and Richard felt like your mates who you'd talk to every day. Their show being axed was like them moving interstate, you couldn't talk to them every day, but you had memories (podcasts) to go back to when you missed them. Yesterday one of those mates died. It's truly upsetting. I might have to give the Get This podcasts a rest for a while.
+1

Terrible news....

RIP Ricky M :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio Richard Marsland passes away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back