Richards?

Remove this Banner Ad

azza714

Draftee
Sep 29, 2003
Perth
Other Teams
Essendon
I have just been curious as how my fellow Bomber supporters rate Ted Richards.
I must be honest and say that, being a poor student living in Perth, I pretty much only get to see the games that are on free-to-air TV. However, from the games that I have seen (particularly towards the end of 2003) I have a great deal of time for him. In the limited game time that he received, I felt that he really provided a bit of drive in the team, a bit of enthusiam that appeared to be lacking, particularly between CHF and the centre.

Am I entirely wrong? Or will he play a key role in the future of the EFC?

i think he is a bit of a 'tweener'
don't know what position he can play really. i don't see him getting much game time if johns comes along.

i like the guy, good build, nice touch

only thing really lacking is his mobility, i wouldnt say hes the best at that.. runs in straight lines, doesnt like to zig zag

Originally posted by Lloydy!

only thing really lacking is his mobility, i wouldnt say hes the best at that.. runs in straight lines, doesnt like to zig zag

Well hopefully, if we all have a "quite" word with Quinny. maybe he can go about rectifying that. Something like mobility can be improved, nut lets just hope that it isn't already at its peak! :p

I reckon he looks the goods. Very strong overhead, meaning that he can play at both ends of the ground. In the reserve game that Mercs was dropped for, against Geelong, which was shown live on ABC, Teddy was moved into the back line when the Cats were on a roll. He went on a mad one, taking a lot of big marks, and really repelling the Cats attacks.
I was a bit surprised he didn't get much of a go this year after the Adelaide game when he was nearly our best player, and received a rising star nomination for his efforts.

Originally posted by Lloydy!

I don't think you have to worry too much about Richards' athleticism. He doesn't have the same agility or stamina as Bolton, but he is quite quick. I think Richards could be Bolton's replacement, because he definitely has the aerobic capacity to run out games strongly. He also has a good brain on the field and he knows how to play key position, neither of which Bolton could lay a strong claim to.

Originally posted by bacon buster
i think he is a bit of a 'tweener'
don't know what position he can play really. i don't see him getting much game time if johns comes along.

Yeah, he is a classic utility player. But whereas Bolton didn't have the game to pinch hit in a key position, Richards does.

I don't think the coaching staff will have to make a decision between Johns and Richards, they will perform different roles. Johns is a powerhouse key forward, Richards is more of a flanker who can take a strong mark. I can see Lloyd and Johns rotating between FF and CHF, with Richards playing a Tarrant like role from half forward to half back.

Originally posted by azza714
I have just been curious as how my fellow Bomber supporters rate Ted Richards.
I must be honest and say that, being a poor student living in Perth, I pretty much only get to see the games that are on free-to-air TV. However, from the games that I have seen (particularly towards the end of 2003) I have a great deal of time for him. In the limited game time that he received, I felt that he really provided a bit of drive in the team, a bit of enthusiam that appeared to be lacking, particularly between CHF and the centre.

Am I entirely wrong? Or will he play a key role in the future of the EFC?

hahaha another fellow poor perth student.. from what ive seen of richards hes got a strong mark and works hard to get the ball..

i rate richards. he is hard and dermie last year was quite enthousiastic that he can take marks going back and on the lead. goal kicking is terrible but can play. should have big year if given more opportunity

He was a Rising Star nominee and if you look at the History of that award, almost all Essendon players nominated in the past have gone on to becoming great players.

I like him and he can take contested marks - a precious commodity in todays football

Hopefully he gets more match time, i think he was a bit harshly done by this year. Very impressed with him - has a real go and has talent. A bit more bulk would do him the world of good.

The bear just needs to be fed.
:D

Both with goals, and with Mega Mass 2000. (BEEFCAKE!!!)

With a bit more weight on him, he'll go very nicely thank you very much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back