Richmond confirmed to wear clash strip for Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't reveal my source, but strong rumour coming out of AFL house this morning is that to further avoid the clash, tiger fans will have to yell "BLACK AND YELLOW" rather than "yellow and black" during the theme song to help reinforce the decision.
Nah they are doing that because the Tiger fans have been saying it wrong all these years because the tradional jumper is black and yellow not yellow and black, other options gazetted include changing the 'and' to 'on'

What part of that is bullocks? The pres and coach are on record saying exactly that.

So the part you must take exception to is that you think the AFL does owe Richmond something for their prolonged mediocrity?
The President and CEO are just part of the "Big Club" family, toeing the company line put down by "mad" Gil. I don't see a clash, Richmond should've shown some balls! Clash strips are part of Gil's deal for overseas distribution, he doesn't give a fat rats tossbag about Richmond supporters or anyone else for that matter.

I would think players would want to celebrate in jumpers they have put blood sweat and tears into during the game and sit in those all night spilling pizza beer and narcotics over
I dont think the players would give a **** to be honest.

Its the fans that seem to care tbf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The AFL actually making a decision based on sporting integrity, common sense and fairness... I'm still in shock!

Don't kid yourself - they make it up as they go along

IMG_1406.PNG

Who cares. Freo wore theirs in 2013 and I couldn't have given a crap.

Bartlett is an absolute moron but.
Yea I wouldn’t care if it was reversed and Adelaide wore the clash strip. They just showed on game day the last time both teams played each other wearing their home jumpers, and you could see a clear clash, and that’s with the camera zoomed into a stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't kid yourself - they make it up as they go along

View attachment 419852

The West Coast Royal strip isn't a "clash" strip, though. It's just the away attire.

I think the issue here is that Richmond aren't just able to wear white shorts as the away team.. while Adelaide wears coloured shorts? How it was 10, 20, 30 years ago (always worked) and should be today so the Guernsey can be traditional on both teams.

People crapping on that there isn't a clash because it's clear what is Richmond and Adelaide jumper when looking at it statically. It's not about that, but making a starker contrast.

Agree, in its most basic format they could get away with Richmond playing in white shorts but it will just be a jumble of dark colours and yellow highlights and with modern football having 20 plus players around the ball their needs to a stark contrast.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The West Coast Royal strip isn't a "clash" strip, though. It's just the away attire.

I think the issue here is that Richmond aren't just able to wear white shorts as the away team.. while Adelaide wears coloured shorts? How it was 10, 20, 30 years ago (always worked) and should be today so the Guernsey can be traditional on both teams.

The main point of that statement was that "the AFL dictate what they wear, not the ladder" which is different from what was said yesterday "Adelaide finishing top of the ladder has earned the right"

The President and CEO are just part of the "Big Club" family, toeing the company line put down by "mad" Gil. I don't see a clash, Richmond should've shown some balls! Clash strips are part of Gil's deal for overseas distribution, he doesn't give a fat rats tossbag about Richmond supporters or anyone else for that matter.

Again JackFlash you nail it. This post from you is the most relevant post in all the hundreds on this topic

In interview on 360 he basically admitted international audience is his primary concern, talk about not knowing where your bread is buttered.

The bloke is out of touch. If he spent less time exercising his ego on marriage laws he could have got more impt issue for head of afl right.

The main point of that statement was that "the AFL dictate what they wear, not the ladder" which is different from what was said yesterday "Adelaide finishing top of the ladder has earned the right"

And I countered your narrative with the first part of my reply! This issue with Richmond vs Adelaide is a "clash" concern. Nothing to do who was higher on the ladder getting a preference. I take your point, but it is not a direct comparison as The Eagles weren't forced to wear their yellow clash strip (which looks hideous) in the 2015 GF. Like I said... the white shorts are the go to solution when there is no clash of both teams primary strip. Away strip and clash strip are two separate outfits for MOST teams.

ya6JOd.gif
Regulation kick, least it wasn't out on the full.

KB is a senile old campaigner who has been irrelevant for decades and I can't believe he is still being paid to give his opinion on anything.
there's a statue for him outside MCG. I will tell you one thing there will never be a statue for pony polo Gil outside MCG

And I countered your narrative with the first part of my reply! This issue with Richmond vs Adelaide is a "clash" concern. Nothing to do who was higher on the ladder getting a preference. I take your point, but it is not a direct comparison as The Eagles weren't forced to wear their yellow clash strip (which looks hideous) in the 2015 GF. Like I said... the white shorts are the go to solution when there is no clash of both teams primary strip. Away strip and clash strip are two separate outfits for MOST teams.
But it's not even the posters narrative. They just explained what the AFL have said in those 2 separate occasions.

2015 - Hawthorn is the home team due to AFL decision, not ladder position. Therefore they wear the home strip, West Coast wear the away strip.

2017 - The ladder dictates that Adelaide is the home team, not Richmond. Therefore, Adelaide get the the home strip, Richmond wear the away strip. However, in this instance, the away strip (regular jumper, white shorts) hasn't been deemed good enough for this year to avoid a clash, so they will wear their clash jumper.

In conclusion, the AFL have no policy in place. They just make it up as they go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond confirmed to wear clash strip for Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back