Think Tank Richmond-The first and only team in Australian history to have over 100,000 members

Remove this Banner Ad

After spending decades at the bottom of the ladder and being rewarded for that mediocrity by been handed top tier talent out of pity, of course clubs like Bitchmond eventually build a team that can win flags for a few years as it happened recently.

Geelong on the other hand are a well run club that rarely spends time being cellar dwellers so they're denied the best players in the country year in year out.

Since Geelong consistently finish in the Top 8 and play finals it's no surprise that occasionally Geelong teams, that are built by astute draft pick and player trades, are not going to be quite as good as teams that are assembled with the best players in the land.

Geelong biggest sin I guess is not being a mediocre run club like Bitchmond and avoid losing finals by languishing for decades at the bottom of the ladder.

It's the only reason Richmond has avoided losing finals regularly, as they're only ever in finals for a few years when they finally put together a flag contender by using multiple top draft picks. Then they go back to being cannon fodder for the rest of the competition as they are now.
Geelong need to hang on to their finals clogging position year after year just to survive.

Geelong on average win a flag every 12+ years, Richmond win a flag every 9 years on average, Richmond also has a 12 v 2 record versus Geelong in finals, we are wealthier and have more supporters, enjoy your "success".

PS. Speaking of success and sins Geelongs only really significant era of success was built on the back of Dr. Dank and a heavily weighted father/son and transfer rules that no longer exist.

That's my point. You hardly ever make them - so as far as Geelong and finals go, Richmond is a rounding error
Lol just because we don't hang around the finals like a pox ridden hooker waiting for trick, as Geelong do, doesn't mean we don't make plenty of finals, were just better at it when we get there.

I understand your angst though, home and away games are over and Geelong with only 10 flags in 125 years are the team that lose GF's at a rate second only to Collingwood, concerning times for Cats supporters.

You've won 4 flags in the last 61 years. That's a below average record and an embarrassing record.
Seems the Cats supporters are happy to be near success while only occasionally achieving it, 4 flags in 61 years is truly sad.

Richmond have played in 10 GF's and won 8 flags in that time, while Geelong have played in 11 and won 4, seems the club like the town has a losers mentality?

Seems the Cats supporters are happy to be near success while only occasionally achieving it, 4 flags in 61 years is truly sad.

Richmond have played in 10 GF's and won 8 flags in that time, while Geelong have played in 11 and won 4, seems the club like the town has a losers mentality?
Geelong are good at spinning that they are a successful club but the facts speak for themselves.

And like clockwork ,after Richmond's 100k membership,the CFL made a rule change so any membership could be counted.

#boy'sclub
Its laughable, all the articles recently on the AFL breaking membership records at numerous clubs etc, never once mentioned the rule change where every club will have 100k unpaid members within a year or so.

We've won 3 flags in the last 7 years mate.

Yes but I am sure the players and administrators of The RFC would be thrilled with how so many plonkers on the Richmond board have turned on Dusty Martin with recent rumours of him signing on with the Suns.

Naturally I don't class you, Feraligatr, Grin, Triggering Tiger or the avoca drover in those class of disloyal *wits , but fair play your board is really embarrassing.

Having said that, The Carlton Board can almost be (not quite but almost) as disgraceful and petulant and babyish at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but I am sure the players and administrators of The RFC would be thrilled with how so many plonkers on the Richmond board have turned on Dusty Martin with recent rumours of him signing on with the Suns.

Naturally I don't class you, Feraligatr, Grin, Triggering Tiger or the avoca drover in those class of disloyal *wits , but fair play your board is really embarrassing.

Having said that, The Carlton Board can almost be (not quite but almost) as disgraceful and petulant and babyish at times.
Dustin won't be going there anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Tank Richmond-The first and only team in Australian history to have over 100,000 members

Remove this Banner Ad

Back