Richmond to make top 4, or Brisbane to make top 8?

Which is more likely to happen?

• Richmond making top 4

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • Brisbane making top 8

Votes: 72 69.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont think either will occur.

Definitaly can't see Richmond making top 4, especially when I see at least 6-7 sides in front of them. Each of which I think will make the 8.
(Sydney, West Coast, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong, Fremantle, Carlton)

But in saying that I see a group of a few teams fighting for that last spot in the 8
(Essendon, Richmond, Adelaide, North Melbourne, Brisbane, St Kilda)

The following sides I cant see making the finals
(GWS, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide)

Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Foley, Tuck, Conca and Grigg are 7 good midfielders.

Not hostile just not sure why hopes are so high. any 25 year supporter would not be buying into this. 1 gun,1 very good, 2 up and comers not there yet, one injury prone, 1 past their best and 1 very very average.[/quote]

Interested to see who you assigned each of these to mufassa. I'm guessing you went:

Cotchin - Gun
Deledio- Very Good
Martin - Up and comer
Foley - Injury prone
Tuck - Past their best
Conca - Up and comer
Grigg - very, very average

If so, I would say you're wrong regarding Tuck and Grigg - both had career best seasons in 2012 and Grigg in particular is an above average player (certainly no spud), I would go as far as 'good' and could walk into most teams on 2012 form.

Not sure where the Richmond to top 4 has come from, certainly wouldn't complain! :D

I'd be happy just to make the 8. I think we are more of a chance to make the 8 than Brisbane but if the options are us to be top 4 or Lions to be top 8, I'll go with Brisbane being the more realistic.

Not sure where the Richmond to top 4 has come from, certainly wouldn't complain! :D

I'd be happy just to make the 8. I think we are more of a chance to make the 8 than Brisbane but if the options are us to be top 4 or Lions to be top 8, I'll go with Brisbane being the more realistic.

I put us 3rd on the ladder prediction thread. So by bigfooty logic that means the entire Richmond supporter base thinks we're a lock for top 4. Sorry.

I'd say 3-7th is most likely with 14-17 wins. I'm feeling optimistic so I went with the upper end.

I put us 3rd on the ladder prediction thread. So by bigfooty logic that means the entire Richmond supporter base thinks we're a lock for top 4. Sorry.

I'd say 3-7th is most likely with 14-17 wins. I'm feeling optimistic so I went with the upper end.

Haha, no worries mate, no harm in having optimism for the season ahead - certainly better than the doom and gloom we are used to! The lesson here is the internet is public domain and anything posted on it must be taken as gospel or truth. :rolleyes:

I too had us top 4*. That makes it official right? The majority of Richmond supporters are officially expecting a top four finish right?

*May or may not be true. In fact, utter bullshit.

I think people might be overrating the lions a bit, just can't see how they're in the same league as others fighting it out for the 8. Nearly all their wins came from the bottom 4, and when they lost they lost by massive margins. I still think they're a couple years off making the 8.

Richmond are every chance to make the top 4, more likely the 8 though. They only need to be a 2 goal better side and they would have another 5-6 wins next year.

I think people might be overrating the lions a bit, just can't see how they're in the same league as others fighting it out for the 8. Nearly all their wins came from the bottom 4, and when they lost they lost by massive margins. I still think they're a couple years off making the 8.

Richmond are every chance to make the top 4, more likely the 8 though. They only need to be a 2 goal better side and they would have another 5-6 wins next year.
Good post. The Lions are summed up well, but i cannot see the Tiges in the top 4. Not a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big losses they were indeed, however Richmond were similar in 2011.

Sure one can look at the score and concur, but if you watch every game (being a supporter of another team I doubt you did) it was about the execution of new gameplans, getting more experience into the youngsters etc. While I can say we probably won't make the 8 I definitely think we will be within that group fighting for it.

There's too much competition for Richmond to make Top 4. I would say that Hawthorn, Sydney, West Coast, Collingwood and possibly Fremantle are all better placed than Richmond at the moment. That being said, West Coast made Top 4 and a Prelim in 2011 after winning the wooden spoon in 2010. Brisbane was my smokey for the 8 this year, so i'll back that up for next year.

I just think the Tiger supporters need to settle just a little bit - up and about after 12th??

How were you after 1995? Lost a prelim but was the start of a Golden era - missed the next 5 final series.

Then again in 2002 - Lost a prelim but was the start of a Golden era and missed the next 10 finals series - and still counting.

Now finshing 12th I cannot see top 4 with a weak backline and no midfield depth. Top 4 is a curse for you anyway.
We have a weak back line, clearly a back line that kept Buddy and Rioli to 1 goal and absolutely smash them means that our back line isn't that bad, it's amazing.

How did Norths back line go against Hawthorn? Buddy kicked 13 hahaha

Also when our whole team is playing at best, we bet hawks by 60+ points. That means we could beat everyone. And to say our midfield is bad? Well Cotchin hasn't even played 100 games and is close to being named as the best player in the comp at 22. Martin is still very young and under 100 games and the way he pushes off grown men is extraordinary. He is the ONLY player in the comp who can run through Jonathan Brown then kick a goal straight through the middle from 60+. And then there's Deledio, Tuck, Foley, Grigg, Conca. Most of them are under 25 who are goal kicking 20+ possession players.

We have a weak back line, clearly a back line that kept Buddy and Rioli to 1 goal and absolutely smash them means that our back line isn't that bad, it's amazing.

Also when our whole team is playing at best, we bet hawks by 60+ points. That means we could beat everyone. And to say our midfield is bad? Well Cotchin hasn't even played 100 games and is close to being named as the best player in the comp at 22. Martin is still very young and under 100 games and the way he pushes off grown men is extraordinary. He is the ONLY player in the comp who can run through Jonathan Brown then kick a goal straight through the middle from 60+. And then there's Deledio, Tuck, Foley, Grigg, Conca. Most of them are under 25 who are goal kicking 20+ possession players.

You finished 12th and you have no weaknesses? I watched our game again on the weekend and for Petrie to kick 5 goals in the last shows me that your backline is a big problem for you.

Also I never said anything about your top end talent with your mids - after that it falls away quickly after that. You were the 12th best side in 2012. You have a long way to go.

So if you have one of the best midfielders in the comp, a midfield full of guns who kick goals and rack up the ball, and your backline is amazing (your words)..plus one of the best full forwards in the comp and a very good ruckman (my words)...please explain why Richmond finished 12th and not top 4 in 2012?

So if you have one of the best midfielders in the comp, a midfield full of guns who kick goals and rack up the ball, and your backline is amazing (your words)..plus one of the best full forwards in the comp and a very good ruckman (my words)...please explain why Richmond finished 12th and not top 4 in 2012?
Horrible depth, and were not overly good. Riewoldt is pretty much the only good forward. Well when our defence is playing at their best, they're pretty good e.g against hawthorn and Sydney. But sometimes they can be :thumbsdown:

Brisbane making the 8 is much more likely, Richmond to finish 9th! (Where they belong)

So as we are finishing where we belong according to you, are Melbourne back in for another spoon as stone motherless last is where they belong isn't it?

Now back on track, I think the top 4 would require a lot of luck for Richmond but top 8 is a must, the Lions in my opinion are still a year or so away from finals, they are good at beating up the weaker sides but get hammered by the top sides, that will start to change but I would say they are behind Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and the Saints all of who are in the running for the eight this year.

Horrible depth, and were not overly good. Riewoldt is pretty much the only good forward. Well when our defence is playing at their best, they're pretty good e.g against hawthorn and Sydney. But sometimes they can be :thumbsdown:

That's fir enough. Reasonable explanation.

I reckon Tigers will make the top 8 (not top 4) and Brisbane will be around 10-12. I'd say Brisbane making the 8 is slightly more likely just because its far far easier to make the top 8 than it is to make the top 4. Top 4 actually requires consistency throughout an entire year and not dropping matches you shouldn't. Both teams would probably need dreams runs with both development of youngsters and injuries to make either goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back