Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 90 43.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 72 35.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 62 30.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 58 28.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
What does any of this have to do with the fact that the game looks the way it does today because Geelong felt they were robbed of a glorious dynasty by the Tigers?

We all live with that every footy weekend now, STAND encouraging keepings-off low scoring affairs, etc. 50-60 scorelines after 2 hours of gameplay.

That's the most pressing issue.

It didn't have to be this way.

But it all comes back to Geelong vs Richmond 2017-2020

Well they were robbed tbf, I’d be pretty salty too

19: Would’ve beaten Giants

20: Obviously as they played in the GF

22: Flag

3 in 4 and 6 in 16.

And Dusty wouldn’t even be considered as good as lachie Neale without those finals awards. Geelong really could’ve stopped everything Richmond themselves with a few more goals. Wowee.

I point out my observations but it is what it is. Most people think you have the biggest home ground advantage in the game. Threads on BF have been made on it for a reason. I didn’t start this whole thing up.

And those 9 games are pure home ground advantages. That’s the difference, I hope you don’t think you are also disadvantaged in H&A as well because that would be funny.

Geelong are the only Victorian team when playing at their home ground that they will get True Home Ground Advantage (TGA) every time they play at the venue (GMHBA Stadium).

But it is what it is, they have that luxury due to their location, that is they are based away from Melbourne.

Geelong are the only Victorian team when playing at their home ground that they will get True Home Ground Advantage (TGA) every time they play at the venue (GMHBA Stadium).

But it is what it is, they have that luxury due to their location, that is they are based away from Melbourne.
The irony in your post is richmond get true home advantage against geelong when its geelongs effing home game.

Geelong is also the only Victorian team that doesn't have a number of away games where they have no True Away Game Disadvantage.

21k against St Kilda yesterday.
Where were the Tiger Army?

You mean to tell me more turned up to watch wooden spoon locks Richmond play against St Kilda this weekend than turned up to see flag favourites Geelong play the same opponent in 2022?

And that our wooden spoon lock crowd wouldn't make the bottom 4 perpetual dynasty Cats crowds against the same opposition this century?

Given that, Cats should make the pre-emptive move of folding right here right now. What an embarrassment for your club.

And just between you and I Taper, sometimes it is better to think ahead before trying to do something that is bound to fail. ;)

Fail Too Big GIF
;)

You mean to tell me more turned up to watch wooden spoon locks Richmond play against St Kilda this weekend than turned up to see flag favourites Geelong play the same opponent in 2022?

And that our wooden spoon lock crowd wouldn't make the bottom 4 perpetual dynasty Cats crowds against the same opposition this century?

Given that, Cats should make the pre-emptive move of folding right here right now. What an embarrassment for your club.

And just between you and I Taper, sometimes it is better to think ahead before trying to do something that is bound to fail. ;)

Fail Too Big GIF
;)

Wink all you want MR.

Difference is, we don’t spend all our time hanging our value as a club on where our attendance ranks. I dont think we - or I would imagine a lot of club’s supporters on Big Footy - have the sort of hard-on for attendance like you do. Of course we will have low numbers for a game against the saints at times: we’re both mid tier for support and they’ve been down for a fair while at that stage. You’re supposed to have half the world’s population glued to every game you play.

For one, it wouldn’t work because we will never no matter what, pull weekly huge crowds: we aren’t based in a capital city for starters and aren’t ever going to be as big a club as some others even if we were. That’s just how it is and that’s fine by me and I would assume plenty of other fans too.

The thing is, we don’t care.

I read Richmond posts all the time where all you seem to do is obsess over crowds - your own, and those of your rivals. It’s absolutely bizarre. Bragging about getting more fans to Martin’s 300th than Pendlebury’s 400th 🤣🤣🤣

Who cares - what prize do you get for it, a lollipop?? It’s the most juvenile sounding thing I’ve ever heard!!!

I mean we all sound juvenile in reality - most of the people that frequent forums like this are grown adults getting their kicks from people far more talented than themselves doing something pretty trivial. But bragging about crowd numbers, and membership numbers - wow, that really is where it starts to take a dive. Good for you, you turn up - when it suits - in half decent numbers. Do you get anything for it?

Hell I’ve even seen some of your mob actually bragging about how rabid they’ve been at games 🤣🤣🤣

Why would you brag about that?

Amidst all that you could be proud of from the last decade, that you could boast about, one thing I won’t ever understand, especially as a lover of music which doesn’t become suddenly better because it gets to #1, is bragging about the size of your fanbase.

On behalf of the Tiger Army I would just like to congratulate the Geelong FC for turning 27 years 7 months old this week, and becoming yet again the oldest team in the AFL. Your rebuild seems to be progressing stunningly well.

I would also like to congratulate "elite" forward Oliver Henry on being the 145th highest rated forward in the AFL in 2024.

On behalf of seventeen other clubs I would like to congratulate Richmond FC for winning two games for the entire season, having all your best players - even contracted ones - begging to leave, as well as having zero quality young talent to speak of whatsoever.

images

On behalf of the Tiger Army I would just like to congratulate the Geelong FC for turning 27 years 7 months old this week, and becoming yet again the oldest team in the AFL. Your rebuild seems to be progressing stunningly well.

I would also like to congratulate "elite" forward Oliver Henry on being the 145th highest rated forward in the AFL in 2024.
On behalf of everyone else I'd like to congratulate the Richmond FC for once again having ZERO representatives in the 22under22 team. That's the 3rd consecutive season.

In that time Geelong have had SDK (twice), Holmes and Dempsey selected. Two of them this year while the side is thereabouts in the top 4.

If Humphries had been given games in the first half of the season he would likely have been a 3rd for 2024 given his form: 17.6 disposals at 85.1% disposal efficiency, 6.8 marks and 4.9 intercepts per game - plus a Rising Star nomination.

Richmond are doing the right thing in gutting their list to get a stack of first round picks. Losing Bolton, Baker and Rioli will make their 23-28 year old cohort the weakest in the league but they will go nowhere while those players are still in their prime anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? We're not only not the oldest but will also not be the oldest next year.

Richmond will however be the youngest

On behalf of everyone else I'd like to congratulate the Richmond FC for once again having ZERO representatives in the 22under22 team. That's the 3rd consecutive season.

In that time Geelong have had SDK (twice), Holmes and Dempsey selected. Two of them this year while the side is thereabouts in the top 4.

If Humphries had been given games in the first half of the season he would likely have been a 3rd for 2024 given his form: 17.6 disposals at 85.1% disposal efficiency, 6.8 marks and 4.9 intercepts per game - plus a Rising Star nomination.

Richmond are doing the right thing in gutting their list to get a stack of first round picks. Losing Bolton, Baker and Rioli will make their 23-28 year old cohort the weakest in the league but they will go nowhere while those players are still in their prime anyway.
Yeah we missed a trick not playing Humphries for the minimum threshold for that team, he would have walked it in

Have Richmond managed to unearth any young players that have come on as well as Dempsey and Humphries have for Geelong in season 2024? :think:

Obviously we're a top 4 team so we don't have as many spots to gift games to youngsters as the wooden spooners, so I expect Richmond to have found at least two new young guns as we managed to do.

Just wondering what sort of score adjustments will be made for age? Like if we win a game, does 20 points get added to the opposition score?

Or do they adjust the ladder? Like do Richmond move out of bottom spot and we go down to 10th, for example, because of our demographic? Help me out here
It's BigFooty.

Better to be young and terrible (one day something might happen), than mature and competitive.

Have Richmond managed to unearth any young players that have come on as well as Dempsey and Humphries have for Geelong in season 2024? :think:

Obviously we're a top 4 team so we don't have as many spots to gift games to youngsters as the wooden spooners, so I expect Richmond to have found at least two new young guns as we managed to do.

But you found a gun last year in O Henry...who now looks like a gimp.

Before that Dekoning. Earlier this season Bruhn...

The world can't wait to see what Humphries and Dempsey produce when they also get worked out.

Dempsey might want to harden the **** up a bit, ranked outside the top 100 mids for hard ball gets in 2024.

Without checking, it feels like Geelong have had one of the oldest lists in the league since at least 2011. Probably half of those seasons in the top 2 oldest. We've had a few veterans retiring basically every season in that time.

Our age profile doesn't dip much because say you lose three 30+ year olds, well everyone else gets a year older. Then we do things like recruiting Menegola, Stewart, T.Kelly, Stengle and Mannagh in their mid 20s. All of them played/will play a lot of footy for Geelong but because they weren't 18 we haven't been "rebuilding the list". Those naughty Catters, even at the draft they are topping up with ready made players.

Free agents/trades come in and are basically always 25 or older. Dangerfield, Tuohy, Stanley, Henderson, Rohan, I.Smith, Cameron, Bowes et al. They refresh the list and most play 100+ games for Geelong, but they weren't 18 year olds so it's "poor list management - here comes the cliff". Sometimes they're cheeky and even get their youngsters after having a two year apprenticeship elsewhere - see Bruhn and O.Henry.

Don't even get me started on the misfits they pick up with rookie selections - Marck Blicavs, Jack Henry, Tom Atkins, Brad Close, Zach Guthrie.

As an outsider I can see how Geelong's approach to list management and its yearly promised cliffs can be frustrating. When will they gut the list and get 10 fresh faced 18 year olds to compete for the wooden spoon for 5 years? One day. Maybe...

Lol, was that the policy that you reckon produced a team that was miles below Premiership level while the Tigers were thank you very muching 3 flags in 4 years?

Now you are wanting to own the policy. Before you were wanting to disown it. You seem confused.

Lol, was that the policy that you reckon produced a team that was miles below Premiership level while the Tigers were thank you very muching 3 flags in 4 years?

Now you are wanting to own the policy. Before you were wanting to disown it. You seem confused.
They were decent teams, sometimes very good, but not quite the best in the comp until they sorted their forward line out and got their midfield balance right. Being on average the 3rd best side in it for a prolonged period means you aren't miles off it. But it doesn't mean missed flags represented a failed policy. It is difficult to produce a side that is consistently knocking on the door. Richmond tried it and they could only last 4 years. Now a scorched Earth rebuild is the consequence.

The bolded gives serious "old man rambling nonsense to himself in the dark" vibes. Nurse!

The world can't wait to see what Humphries and Dempsey produce when they also get worked out.

Dempsey might want to harden the **** up a bit, ranked outside the top 100 mids for hard ball gets in 2024.
Breaking: outside player plays outside

More news at 6

Kindly show the Richmond under 22s the past 3 seasons who have had better seasons than Henry's 2023, SDK's 2022-2024, Holmes 2022-2024 or Dempsey and Humphries 2024.

Looks like one sides rebuild is tracking much better than the others. Which is why the big player sell off and a fresh batch of 18 year olds are required for Richmond. Their rebuild starts at this draft period because not much at all has come up good the past 3 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back