Game Day Richmond v Port Melbourne Swinburne Centre 13/4/19 at 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice last QTR by Chol, took some great marks

Gotta say RCD is going to take some time..he shows some nice flashes but his fitness and positioning and poor at this stage and i want to see him hunt the footy a little more. great size no doubt, give him some time

Naish i thought was very good, has developed a lot since same time last year and if it weren't for Stack debuting i think he would be next in line, can break the lines and has a great kick, not sure about his 1 v 1 work

Butler did well with 16p 7 tackles 1 goal 2, but i would leave him down at this level for a while longer

Turner 18 touches looks a prospect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chol one of those players that looks hopeless but then does some freakish things.

Yeah. He just seems laconic to me. Like mentally drifts in and out of the game. Clearly has talent and could play at AFL level if he gets his intent right I feel. But has been in the system for a while now and you know what they sat about leopards and spots.

Port seemed to fade quite badly there late but Chol finished very strongly.

Really pleased to see Miller showing a bit when moved forward, he did some nice things there and early in his second season could be developing ok off a low base.

Collier-Dawkins showed some really good signs but seems a little unsure of himself at this stage, after watching him today I think we can expect good improvement as the season progresses and perhaps after another pre season especially. Some very impressive tackles from him today.

Derek looked good in the sweeping role in defence, composed and assured.

Lovely game from Turner, if he stays fit he looks to have a very bright future.

Not sure how much ground time CCJ got, always looks decent, there will be better assignments for him.

Lots of good contributors today, should get some players back in coming weeks.

Some of the likes of Weller, Baker, Ross, Bolton, Menadue, B Ellis should be forced back into this VFL outfit, who might be a bit better than I anticipated. Some good continuity in the VFL listed players now, most of Ballard, Morris, Beasley, Silvestro, Coffield, Grewar and Fletcher have been around for multiple seasons and watching them today they all seem to put the team first.

The challenge for this team might come in the inclement weather games with so many developing tall players the selectors are almost compelled to play.

Last edited:
Good win considering the line up we had in.No one stood out like last week
Still good signs from Turner, RCD and Naish
CJ was quiet
Butts electrifying at times but his kicking was ordinary, drops the ball poorly, resulting in lots of floaters
Ivan was decent, but can’t see him ever overtaking Nank, VFL is his level imo
Special mention to egg who did some creative things in the 2nd half
Moore, Markov- meh. I’d give Moore a role back or even wing. He’s a laconic sort but seems to be in 2nd gear at the moment. He needs to play in front more and get more ground ball.

Chol - good to watch but inconsistent up and down like s yo-yo.

Port supporters- entertaining some funny one liners today

Miller was excellent once moved to CHF. Just leapfrogged Chol and Moore and could be a second ruck forward down the track. Very clean below his knees and lead and marked well.
Liked RCD after half time, started to get his hands on the ball in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back