byronben

Team Captain
Mar 17, 2008
byron bay
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Palm Beach - Currumbin FC
the expression on Richo's face (not unusual for the #12) in the last qtr today spoke a thousand words. But you'd expect only 2 words to flow from his mouth this week - "I Retire"....He's obviously had enough of busting his gut for this club, one insipid performance after another...so I guess his retirement this week wouldn't be surprising in the least....

congratulations on a decent career, its just a pity you couldn't have made the finals more often - something at least Richo deserved, if not the Richmond Football club.

the expression on Richo's face (not unusual for the #12) in the last qtr today spoke a thousand words. But you'd expect only 2 words to flow from his mouth this week - "I Retire"....He's obviously had enough of busting his gut for this club, one insipid performance after another...so I guess his retirement this week wouldn't be surprising in the least....

congratulations on a decent career, its just a pity you couldn't have made the finals more often - something at least Richo deserved, if not the Richmond Football club.

Have you seen this thread ?
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562568

I would love Richo at the Dogs, he always tries his heart out, champion player.

You can have him. In some ways you'd call him the heart of an otherwise heartless team.

Or. A bloke who's far too willing to deliver a public spray to a team mate who has the temerity to choose an option other than Richo, no matter how out of position he is. Not the best way to develop the decision making of young players.

I reckon once you get to a certain age you should be able to put your hand up for a mid-season trade.

Club X needs a KPP, Club Y needs a midfielder.

Richo, has finally found his position tho' - roaming. Doubt he'd give it up now. Why didn't Richmond play him like this when he was 20 tho'?

You can have him. In some ways you'd call him the heart of an otherwise heartless team.

Or. A bloke who's far too willing to deliver a public spray to a team mate who has the temerity to choose an option other than Richo, no matter how out of position he is. Not the best way to develop the decision making of young players.

:rolleyes: 9 times out of 10 the spray is generally to a team mate who kicks the ball at his shoe laces or 10 foot above his head, but you believe what you like if it helps your arguement :thumbsu:

Ohh and Fevola is such a role model down at Carlton. :rolleyes: Richo wears his heart on a sleeve you can't fault that.

Richo has done enough to retire as a champion.
In fact, had he not suffered the leg injuries that he did, his only true peers would have been Carey and Lockett.

Before his knee reco, Richo made the likes of Hird and Franklin look like hacks.
He was something else.

I feel sorry for Richo. The bloke's a champion and deserves better.

Can't blame him going off at his teammates either when he busts his gut every week and gets so little help. I think that look in the last quarter was due to another Tambling clanger when he kicked inside 50 and picked out the only Bulldogs player amongst about 3 or 4 Richmond players. No wonder Richo cracked the shits.

Congrats Richo on a wonderful career...

Why don't you tag along with Robert Harvey and jump on board our future premiership side....

No half decent player like yourself should put up with the crap bitchmond have been serving up during the last 20 odd years...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You support Carlton?

WTF about Fev? Fev goes off his rocket for anything.

It's more of a compliment to Hird and Franklin than you think.
The young Hird was good.
The young Franklin is good.
But those who saw the young Richo, know that he was better.

Umm i saw Richo play his first game. I've been watching that poor fellow play his guts out only to be let down over and over by his teammates.

The young Richo was never in young James's class mate. Even Richo in a better team, Hirdy was still too far ahead of him. Unfortunately his club has never let him reach is full potential imo.

He should retire mid season then put himself in the draft and get picked up by a team contending (like Dew did) just for 1 last year to have a crack.

I could picture him playing for someone like the Dogs or Saints.
I like it :thumbsu:

If I had my way, Saints to win this year.

Richo to the Dogs on a 1 year contract. Bulldogs to win next year. Richo retires.

As a neutral supporter, that would be fantastic.

Waste of talent.

It's more of a compliment to Hird and Franklin than you think.
The young Hird was good.
The young Franklin is good.
But those who saw the young Richo, know that he was better.

i have watched the entire careers of hird, richo and franklins' so far. you are dreaming if you think the young richo was better. he was good, but not that good.

The look on his face today, you could just tell he had just about had it. Pre-season he must have been looking forward to some good wins and a pretty good season for the club, but its seems like it may be the same old shit and the same old rubbish team around him. Poor bastard.:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back