Rick Beato

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder what's their play .

He's just promoting old tunes "on what makes this song great".EPs.
That's his argument too, but I think the record companies don't put any thought into it and just see it as stealing their IP.

I think I remember he called a band out on it, and they then asked their record company to leave it up. Can't remember who it was though.

That's his argument too, but I think the record companies don't put any thought into it and just see it as stealing their IP.

I think I remember he called a band out on it, and they then asked their record company to leave it up. Can't remember who it was though.

Would be pretty 💩 someone doing this ..

But he can't even contact them to find out why ..and what he has to do to , to not it happen again.

Record companies should be happy if people are getting into older stuff..

There are programs/ scripts that companies use to arbitrarily detect if monetized videos are using their copyrighted song/music

Half the time they wouldn't even actually know the context that their song has been used before submitting an infringement

I've learnt heaps from Beato, even guitar tips. He's big on players muting the strings that aren't being played, he reckons he's produced a lot of players who don't do this, you can use noise suppressors but it's cheating. This is something I've tried to do and sound a lot better as a result.

He's also gotten me interested in some of the old mainstream rock/pop, Fleetwood Mac, Toto, Journey, Steely Dan, all great stuff.

Not Rick, but if you enjoy music analysis this channel has some interesting videos.

Yes, I like this bloke. I think he calls himself Wings of Pegasus or something similar. His videos are interesting as you say.

watched quite a few videos. what stands out is his wide appreciation of what goes into all sorts of music. people drill down into their niche, but he loves music and wants the best for it.

Wonder what's their play .

He's just promoting old tunes "on what makes this song great".EPs.
Money, they will not allow anyone to make money from their Intellectual Property. Some companies are OK with publicizing their music as they realise that in the end the greater the number of people who know about a song, the greater their sales will probably be. Other companies will not allow any use without paying them. If a music video has been removed or blocked from being displayed on this site it is usually by a company called BMG. They get paid for the video being played on Youtube, but if is played through a site like Big Footy they don't get paid. You can only play short passages of songs without infringing copyright. If you exceed the allowable length, they can complain to Youtube and it will either be removed or if it is left on Youtube any money generated goes to them. I have seen Beato and others complaining about it. Mostly they withdraw their video. Why leave something on there that generates money for someone else and you don't get a thing. There are lots of people who review songs on Youtube complaining about the fights they have had with Youtube about getting payment.

Huge fan. Been watching his videos for years. I actually bought one of his signature guitars. It was terrible and I sent it back for a replacement. The replacement not only had the same problem but had other problems too. I sent that back too and just got a refund. I thought **** it, I'm going to email him because if that was me and my name was on it I'd want to know the shit Gibson are pushing out to make a quick buck. Must have got him at just the right time because he responded within 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it. We exchanged a few emails and I sent him some pics of the guitars and he thanked me and said he'd talk to Gibson. I don't know if he ever did but I was just chuffed to get a response.

Fast forward a year or so and I watched his interview with Michael Omartian and found it so fascinating and was so grateful I dug up our previous email exchange and replied to him just to say thanks and let him know what a great interview it was. Sure enough, he's back to me again within the hour thanking me for watching and agreeing that these stories need to be told before these great musicians are lost to us forever. Seems like a great guy, down to earth and just loves music.

Another Rick Beato special, This is frightening and interesting at the some time, imagine how much better this will be in future. Can any of you guys/girls pick the difference? I couldn't.

Watched this a few days ago, and still scratching my head - I can't tell the difference (it all sounds horrible to me ha)

Another Rick Beato special, This is frightening and interesting at the some time, imagine how much better this will be in future. Can any of you guys/girls pick the difference? I couldn't.

i'm not so sure it's a zero sum game. one of the tests will come when people want ai to create a suite of songs with similar characteristics, same vocals, etc. or will there be some kind of 'so fresh' ai comps?
it's possible for real and ai music to coexist, i think. there could be a weight of numbers problem though.

would be interesting to see some reverse engineering, tablature of ai songs, because that's where it trips up. it doesn't understand inherent characteristics, only replicates them as part of a complete product. doesn't understand there's 5 fingers on a hand because in all the images it consumes hands can be obscured.

rick alludes to one of the ways music will be saved from ai - you get to watch real people play instruments. you get to suck real musician dick backstage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back