Opinion Rick Davies history and tales

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember him playing for South, cant remember him being called that but do remember him smacking out Ernie Sigley over some hanky panky

Yep, Peter Darley was the original Jumbo Prince.

KG was forever trying to suck up to Darley because he was the idiot who cost Darley the Magarey Medal tie with Robran for calling KG *** in a match he was umpiring.

KG was forever trying to suck up to Darley because he was the idiot who cost Darley the Magarey Medal tie with Robran for calling KG *** in a match he was umpiring.

Never got the credit he deserved was more than your 60's ruckman,ground breaking in many ways.
K.G also screwed us up reporting Freeman for calling him a Peanut.
Only time i ever seen K.G do any good was batting with Sir Garfield in a centenary one day game at Adelaide Oval against he Vics.

I recall someone saying, "You're a cheat, Hall" costing them a Magarey. I thought that was Darley, in which case it would have been Max Hall, not KG as the man in white.

I hated him when I was a kid, but he probably has the biggest personality of anyone from his era.

Enjoyed listening to him on the radio before he moved to Perth.

If I was a bit older than 4 at the time of the 1976 grand final, though, I may not have been able to have changed my opinion of him in as I have.

Davies' Hall of Fame segment. Not the whole speech but entertaining excerpts. He hated Port Adelaide terribly because we were easily the best side. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back