Analysis Ricks Analysis (The Shinboner Blog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Usually a glass half-full guy 12 - 24 hours post loss. But,

Can we honestly say we have improved this year if we finish 18th, win the spoon, again, and get the no.1 pick ?

Improvement should be beating Freo, Coll, Melb, Carl, Eagles in games where we are a chance to win them. 0 - 5 🙄
We didn't win any of them. Where's the improvement ?

Individually, yeh. But as a team ? I'll love 'em to death but unless this cycle improves NEXT YEAR we will occupy the bottom rungs of the ladder for the foreseeable future.

Anyone give us a chance the next 2 weeks ? Nope.
Or we could have lost all 8 close games we were in?

Don’t discount we won three close games as well.

No one, except Collingwood circa 22-23, wins all of those games.

We were 3-5 in those games so let’s be objective about that.

Finishing position means nothing, the back half has been exactly what you’re looking for in improvement mate - we are 3-8, and 3-5 in the close ones.

Surely that gives you hope?

Finishing position means nothing, the back half has been exactly what you’re looking for in improvement mate - we are 3-8, and 3-5 in the close ones.

Not unless Clarko has the golden touch going forward Midas.

Last edited:

I'd probably chuck in the Carlton game purely because they were so desperate to play their injured stars.

The team is still held back by stop gap solutions due to injuries and list holes. It might finally get going next year.

Last edited:
One last (I think) big post for the year hey:

It's not really about the Hawthorn game at all so that's only in the title for completionist reasons but instead a look at the season as a whole. I think probably the most important takeaway is not to let the last two weeks colour the look at what's happened over the course of the entire year.

Also other topics covered: how the team evolved week-to-week, what worked, what didn't work, list demographics, minutes played by age, contract status, what's coming next, and extra bits and pieces in between all that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Ricks Analysis (The Shinboner Blog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back