Ricky Gervais Live - Animals

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

F

Fall Out Boy

Anyone that enjoyed The Office, should grab this DVD.

It's a 90 minute set of stand up/one man show from the man behind David Brent. Also has a rather humourous commentary track.

A tad rude in parts though, so not one for the kids.

How does he go Phat?

I have only seen him interviewed a few times, and have only seen him discussing humurous things outside of the actual show once (extra on the 2nd series DVD. **** your pants funny) so it should be interesting.

He goes well.

Does a few skits, but the majority of the show is stand up. At times you think you are watching David Brent in action.

A really good DVD, certainly had me ****ing myself for hours.

The cover is also quite amusing.

B0000D9YFM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

From what I have seen of him his real persona is disturbingly "Brent like" ie manic, immature, attention seeking and almost autistic. The time wasting and delays he subjects Stephen Merchant (co-writer) to during the editing and shooting of The Office S2 is almost painful to watch.

I have seen Gervais on Parky and the extras on the DVD. There is also some interviews on the official BBC office website that are well worth seeing.

Originally posted by Jim Boy
Could have done without the montage at the start tho.

I didn't mind it actually. His French accent isn't too bad.

"He likes to eat and ****, eat and ****, eat and ****"

He was doing stand up in Reading, England over ten years ago.

A friend of mine who lived there said he was by far the worst element of the Reading comedy scene (and you can guess how bad that is.

He was rubbish then and, in my view, hasn't improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Gervais Live - Animals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back