Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting too much from an Xbox360 game? What the hell is that mean't to mean?

The game is worse than the version they released 2 years ago.

Xome people have no idea and would complain if they won the lotto...

this game is gold..and the online play now makes it such a great game.

Too many cry babies - this game is great and it puts EA's attempts at cricket to shame.

Too many cry babies - this game is great and it puts EA's attempts at cricket to shame.

It would seem some people have too much time on their hands, and would rather use that to whinge about a video game, for all intensive purposes, this game is a video game and it is a ****load of fun both on and offline.

Thats what it means.

I bought it recently and here's what I thought:

Pros
- Batting is more realistic
- You can actually get catches close to the wicket (Silly point, short leg etc)
- Player lists are updated
- Multiplayer is the best part of the game and very enjoyable
- The computer actually takes singles, and doesn't get off the mark with a flick over fine leg for six
- LBW system I like, it gives more out and doesn't give that 'playing a shot outside the line' crap when it is plumb
- You can create sixteen custom players and ten custom squads, and there are a hell of a lot of players to choose from that already are in the game (It even has Doug Bollinger and quite a few state players)

Cons
- Close catching is a very poor system, you can't expect people to sit there and bowl EVERY SINGLE BALL and are ready to tap the A button as soon as the batsman nicks it
- The amount of grounds you can select is less than half of what it was in 2005
- The computer (As far as I know) always bats first
- The computer still opens with spinners at times
- The difference between State difficulty and Test difficulty is ridiculous. They also score at unrealistic rates for Test matches on all difficulties
- You can't rename the players, which is a little thing I know but that option should have been left in it, unless they can't due to licensing laws or something like that
- You can't play a Test or ODI series (Unless you play the Champions Trophy or 2007 WC)
- It still doesn't give MOTM
- The challenges it had in 2005 (The Tied Test, the 2003 WC etc) are gone

Overall I'd give it 7/10, mainly due to the multiplayer aspect of the game.

PS, has anyone else had a problem (This is on the 360 version) where the controls suddenly swap and you can't change it back unless you restart the game (For example A becomes LB, so when you go to bowl it changes the field setting). This hasn't happened to me for a week or so now but it did it a lot when I got the game and was extremely frustrating

- The computer (As far as I know) always bats first

PS, has anyone else had a problem (This is on the 360 version) where the controls suddenly swap and you can't change it back unless you restart the game (For example A becomes LB, so when you go to bowl it changes the field setting). This hasn't happened to me for a week or so now but it did it a lot when I got the game and was extremely frustrating

I've found that the cointoss always results in the person who selects "Heads" as winning. I've only seen it land and result in "Tails" once out of the 30+ matches i have played.

Have not had the problem of controls swapping, i have gotten confused with the controls a few times (eg: using the trigger buttons to catch, when i should have pressed "A" - as during the catching action, i forgot that the button to catch wasn't the same as the buttons to throw).

When the bloody hell will they make a 10/10 cricket game? Or even an 8/10 cricket game... Ricky Ponting is good multiplayer fun but the single player is ridiculous...

I've found that the cointoss always results in the person who selects "Heads" as winning. I've only seen it land and result in "Tails" once out of the 30+ matches i have played.

Have not had the problem of controls swapping, i have gotten confused with the controls a few times (eg: using the trigger buttons to catch, when i should have pressed "A" - as during the catching action, i forgot that the button to catch wasn't the same as the buttons to throw).[/QUOTE]

Agree on this bit. It is stupid they have different buttons, it should be either trigger to take catches rather than the A button.

I agree this game online is a good laugh, I quite enjoy it aswell.

Some people expect this game to be as detailed and quality of a FIFA, NBA Live or Madden, but they dont realise the money put into those games is so much greater than any AFL game or Cricket game we currently have on the market.

BTW maximus76 my xbox live username is Tigerz au feel free to add me to your friends list. :thumbsu:

Codemasters have announced what fixes will be in the patch/update.

The 360 version will only have and update for playing online. The PC one will fix Vista issues.

**** that, I hope they realise they will most likely lose a lot of returning customers for any future editions on consoles if they don't bother to fix problems with the game. Especially the difficulty, amongs't other problems of course.

Where are people playing online? I.E Meeting to establish an online match?

I have gone into the Gamespy room a couple of times and no one is there!

Sounds about right. Most UK people are in bed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let this be the final nail in the coffin of those who say that the single player experience isn't seriously unbalanced.

This is my afternoon's batting effort on the second hardest difficulty level with game balance set to "realistic".

2v3rj94.jpg

Enough said.

The problem is on Test difficulty the computer batting is ridiculously hard to get out.
Unless they hit it straight to the fielder every ball goes for 4.

TheBrownDog, do you also find it ridiculously hard to get the computer out for a reasonable score on Test level?
On any level below Test I seem to always dismiss them for under 150 when bowling. I do tend to bowl a good line and length but try and bowl the way the actual bowlers would in real life, for example with McGrath I don't start trying to swing it a lot, I just cut it off the seam.

TheBrownDog, do you also find it ridiculously hard to get the computer out for a reasonable score on Test level?
On any level below Test I seem to always dismiss them for under 150 when bowling. I do tend to bowl a good line and length but try and bowl the way the actual bowlers would in real life, for example with McGrath I don't start trying to swing it a lot, I just cut it off the seam.

Yeah the Balance on test Level is ridiculous. You'll also find that 90 percent of wickets you take on Test level will be catches in the outfield.

Great multi though, especially when you have an opponent who has no fielders at point or behind point then bowls short and wide.

Never been able to complete a game on Xbox lLve. It hangs. The upcoming patch is meant to fix this thank god.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Ponting Cricket 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back