Riewoldt tripping incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes tripping still is a reportable offence if it is deliberate. Comes under 19.2.2 Specific Offences:

Any of the following types of conduct is a Reportable Offence:
(g) intentionally, recklessly or negligently:
(i) kicking another person;
(ii) striking another person;
(iii) tripping another person whether by hand, arm,
foot or leg;
(iv) engaging in Time Wasting;
(v) Charging another person;

Missed the incident personally, was it deliberate?

Certainly was!!! Roo couldn't get up quick enough to apologise. Hope he doesn't go for it though. Nothing incident really.

Yes tripping still is a reportable offence if it is deliberate. Comes under 19.2.2 Specific Offences:

Any of the following types of conduct is a Reportable Offence:
(g) intentionally, recklessly or negligently:
(i) kicking another person;
(ii) striking another person;
(iii) tripping another person whether by hand, arm,
foot or leg;

(iv) engaging in Time Wasting;
(v) Charging another person;

Missed the incident personally, was it deliberate?

he went down in a marking contest, the ball bobbled for a bit, a bullies player picked it up and basically ran over him and Roo tried to tackle him from basically a prone position.

a free kick at best. i'd be appalled if it even was looked at.

there are a few other incidents that are much more likely than this to attract attention.

You think the AFL will suspend Riewoldt on the eve of the Grand Final?

Hahahaha. Not unless he punched into Brad Johnsons chest pulled out his still beating heart and took a big juicy bite out of it. And even then it's line ball.

LOL. The AFL wont do anything to St Nick.

Actually, if Nick did all that to Buddy Franklin they would probably penalise Buddy... for staging!

He's okay....should be fine. No doubt Fletch would go for it...but he has about 11 priors and deserves the short leash shown by the MRP.

One question, did I see Tom Williams hobble off the ground after the incident? If he is unable to get to the bar and secure his shout on Mad Monday....I think Roo has a case to answer.

he went down in a marking contest, the ball bobbled for a bit, a bullies player picked it up and basically ran over him and Roo tried to tackle him from basically a prone position.

a free kick at best. i'd be appalled if it even was looked at.

there are a few other incidents that are much more likely than this to attract attention.

Might have to go back and look at the match again and check it out (recorded it). Even if it is reckless, its still reportable.

Think the tribunal could be looking into a few incidents from this match. Would be a pity to see anyone rubbed out pre-GF but we have been there before (Cloke). I reckon Goddard could possibly be in a bit of strife more so (IMO). But knowing the tribunal, who knows what will happen.

I hope nothing comes of it, it wasn't malicious.

I really can't get a read on the sentiment towards Roo sometimes, personally if I was a neutral I'd want to see some of the comps best running around in the GF next week.

This guy just doesn't endear himself outside of St Kilda, which is perfectly OK, nobody has to admire him.

I just reckon opposition supporters that are so focused on the 'hate' miss out, because if you are a lover of this great game, you're going to let that rob you of watching one of this generations finest.

Love watching Ablett, Brown, Swan...love that I can admit it :)

I really can't get a read on the sentiment towards Roo sometimes, personally if I was a neutral I'd want to see some of the comps best running around in the GF next week.

This guy just doesn't endear himself outside of St Kilda, which is perfectly OK, nobody has to admire him.

I just reckon opposition supporters that are so focused on the 'hate' miss out, because if you are a lover of this great game, you're going to let that rob you of watching one of this generations finest.

I think you will find that most supporters from opposition would want to see him play, the rules and tribunal are a farce. But them the rules.......

Ohh... I dont focus on the hate... that is Bomber Thompson

This x 10!

Reality is that ROO is untouchable in the eyes of the BEHOLDER. Not many players are afforded this advantage, therefore Supporters of clubs that are continually touched up by the MRP get a little peeved.

I want to see the best players on the park every week, and am sick to death of MRP inconsistencies. I suspect the MRP won't be shown footage of any incidents this weekend, and rightly so this time of the year.

When has malicious been part of it? Fletcher's wasn't malicious either but it was as intentional just like Riewoldt's. But consistency is not part of the MRP's charter ... that is the problem here. The previous record of a player should only come into play after the player has been cited and found guilty when the suspension is being decided, not beforehand. Under this logic, Riewoldt should be cited and made to sweat, just as Thomas and Goddard will be. I don't think anything will come of any of them but they should be at least viewed by the MRP.

Dustin Fletcher got done for the first soft as crap trip he did. The rest is history as he is continuously scrutinised for all his actions on the field and he continualy gets suspended for stuff that no other pllayer does. There have been a lot of trips this year that noone has gone, for yet if it were him he would be done.

So Nick gets off this one, and then he does it again and he will get off again and on it goes. Dont get me wrong, Nick will not be the only player who gets away with tripping this year, but one player seems to cop the suspensions for everyone.

Dont suspend Nick, it would be ridiculous, but so have 90% of Fletchers suspensions. I think like most people a consistent MRP and tibuneral would make everyone happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A deliberate trip only gets you about 80 MRP points from memory.

I am pretty sure if Fletcher didn't have carry over points he would have got away with a reprimand.

Does anyone know if Riewoldt has carry over points?

I doubt he will be reported, Riewoldt can preety much do anything on the ground at anytime with no punishment. I have seen so many games when he is playing like a freaking dog and giving our game a bad name, to make it worse he is an ass in person too. The umpires need to open there eyes and see what a dog Riewoldt actually is

Nice work. Cool story, chica.

I doubt he will be reported, Riewoldt can preety much do anything on the ground at anytime with no punishment. I have seen so many games when he is playing like a freaking dog and giving our game a bad name, to make it worse he is an ass in person too. The umpires need to open there eyes and see what a dog Riewoldt actually is

You are a truely horrible human being. You have no idea about Nick Riewoldt the person.

On the field he is the most couragous and fair player in the game.

You are a filthy pig.

A deliberate trip only gets you about 80 MRP points from memory.

I am pretty sure if Fletcher didn't have carry over points he would have got away with a reprimand.

Does anyone know if Riewoldt has carry over points?

The difference is Riewoldt did with his hands (not dangerous at all except to Riewoldt's hands.

Dustin does it with his legs ( very dangerous to both players, plus Fletcher is a sniping old dog that needs to be PUT THE DUCK DOWN.)

Its just jealousy, No football fan can relate to Roo, he has been a star (as apposed to just a football player) since his career started.he also exudes confidence and class, losers resent that about him.

The difference is Riewoldt did with his hands (not dangerous at all except to Riewoldt's hands.

Dustin does it with his legs ( very dangerous to both players, plus Fletcher is a sniping old dog that needs to be PUT THE DUCK DOWN.)

I think you ned to go back to earlier this year and tell me what part of Fletchers leg is involved in the tackle on Hall. Guss Fletch hass more dangerous has than Nick as well.

Can you also clarify is it Fletcher who is the Sniper or Llloyd, seems to be a popular name thrown at Essendon players. I can still remember all the players Fletcher has brutally assaulted on a football field, leaving them bloodied and busted up on the turf.

All people here are saying is that Nick should be losing some points because he tackled someone by the ankle. The same rule should apply for the same incident regardless of who does it.

All people here are saying is that Nick should be losing some points because he tackled someone by the ankle. The same rule should apply for the same incident regardless of who does it.[/QUOTE]

This is my whole problem with the mrp.

I find the arguments with friends etc that have with football are always "why did our guy get suspended and yours not?"

Fletcher / st nick - arguing technicalities but in essence the same thing

Leigh Brown / Goddard - neither should go but in one of these acts the player intentionally through an arm backwards (not to balance himself.)

Many players / Dal Santo - high bump front on (i think he went past the ball)

Hall + Chappy - so we suspend players for unintentional acts but punches - yes, punches - are not seen as suspendible
** How do you explain this to young kids playing footy?
Yeah, you can punch him, just don't do it too hard. Oh, but if you accidentally hit him, look out

Judd - where do you start on this one...

No one wants to see these stars suspended (although in my heart of hearts as a collingwood supporter there is always a touch of "that would be great") but the mrp drives me nuts

JUST BE CONSISTENT

Silly thread..

Players only get suspended for tripping when they go out of their way to trip.

Instance's like Nick's where it is largely instinctive alway get off...
Cannot think of one like Nick's which has every cost anyone a game.

I hope he doesn't get reported. But I watched the game again today, it actually did look like a deliberate trip. He knew it as well, he went to apologise straight away. He will be protected... Its Saint Nick

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt tripping incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back