Riewoldt's special treatment beyond a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Emberton

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2010
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
I only watched the last quarter and saw him given a goal for a free for a handball through the behinds after a tackle which he didn't even lay. Then a clear 50m when he ran into Kings back would have given Tiges the matchwinning goal. woulda been paid if anyone else did it. Joke is he still plays shithouse

Everytime he get's a bit of physical attention you can almost guarantee a whistle. It's the total opposite to Franklin, where he get's monstered off the ball week in week out, dosen't get a free & as soon as he tackles his opponent the umpires are right on him. I fear the day the umpires start rewarding Buddy the same free kicks as Riewoldt gets, because Buddy will rip every backline a new a$$ole.

Thought the free was probably there. Maguane was a long way out when handballing. It wouldve been deliberate out of bounds, so why not deliberate rushed behind?

Everytime he get's a bit of physical attention you can almost guarantee a whistle. It's the total opposite to Franklin, where he get's monstered off the ball week in week out, dosen't get a free & as soon as he tackles his opponent the umpires are right on him. I fear the day the umpires start rewarding Buddy the same free kicks as Riewoldt gets, because Buddy will rip every backline a new a$$ole.

I didn't notice too much tonight however I bet the likes of Franklin, Hall and Richardson would of loved to get the frees he does. Not even Saints fans could look at how Hall is treated and argue Nick doesn't get a good deal.

Thought the free was probably there. Maguane was a long way out when handballing. It wouldve been deliberate out of bounds, so why not deliberate rushed behind?

Because they tell us the rule is you have to be under pressure? Unless the rule is different to what they have been crapping on about on TV then surely being tackled is under pressure?

Bang on the money. Buddy gets absolutely reamed by the umpires while this cream puff gets a free when anyone dares get within 10 meters of him.

Tonight's umpiring cost us the game

STKILDAVGE_CROP-1_F10061425_317771.JPG

Something familiar about this....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Tigers were robbed.. Saints got lucky to even be in the game.. Out played in so many areas.. Saints are no where near the team they were the last 2 years and might even drop out of the 8 this season..

I can tell you didn't watch much of the game? We controlled general play and kicked poorly (which is what cost us the game). Have a look at the stats sheet, and we won just about everything tonight (excluding goals from frees).

Suck it up princess.

You got 4 goals in the 2nd term through bullshit free kicks.

FWIW I thought we generally had a good run (and last week as well for that matter). But this thread is about the protection afforded St.Nick.

Leads the comp in free kick differential over the last decade with a 3:1 FF:FA ratio. Even Joel Selwood's only running at 2:1. Sheedy was right on the money all those years ago.

I didn't notice too much tonight however I bet the likes of Franklin, Hall and Richardson would of loved to get the frees he does. Not even Saints fans could look at how Hall is treated and argue Nick doesn't get a good deal.

Franklin needs to learn how to play like roo and barry probably just wishes he had half the ability roo has in leading his opposition to the ball. More likely to get your arms chopped or an arm across the shoulder or back if you go for the mark at the highest point on the lead. Not get in a wrestling and scragging match which is a fifty fifty if a free gets awarded.
roo plays to the existing rules perfectly
now if only he could kick like hall!:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt's special treatment beyond a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back