RIP Darrel Baldock

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the fact that so many posters from a variety of clubs have come here to leave their condolences says it all.

I was a boy when he played and my memories of him were that he was a terrific footballer who played the game the way it should have been played. A fantastic player with great skills.

Condolences to his family, friends and the St Kilda Football Club and its supporters.

RIP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was born in 1980 to a father who was a renouned North Melbourne figure (also cousin of Tommy Allison, father of Brett) who was an amateur champion boxer, u19 footballer with North and a World War Two victim in Darwin (lost his hearing) and one of the most one eyed Carlton fans of a mother you could ever hope to have. Both of them spoke of Doc as if he played on their teams. I believe that is the greatest honor that you can bestow a player - to speak of them as though they were your own.

The pain that your club has felt since losing back-to-back Grand Finals must really tear a deeper hole in your heart knowing that had you won Doc would have had an opportunity to see another Saints premiership. Too bad it wasn't to be.

Condolences to the family, friends, the club and his former teammates. May he rest in peace and may he never ever be forgotten.

The pain that your club has felt since losing back-to-back Grand Finals must really tear a deeper hole in your heart knowing that had you won Doc would have had an opportunity to see another Saints premiership. Too bad it wasn't to be.

Yeah it's a real shame that Doc didn't get the opportunity to witness another St Kilda flag. Hopefully he still took some pleasure in seeing the Saints play some great football the past couple of years and making back to back GFs and the players can draw on his spirit to go one step better this year.

"Champion" is a term that is horribly overused today with respect to AFL footballers. But that is not the case with the great champion player Darrell Baldock.

RIP Darrell Baldock

Read an article which said:

He "signed" with Melbourne and South Melbourne but never came over as he didn't want to play footy in Victoria.

He kept playing footy after returning in '69 to be involved in 4 flags in a row in a Tassie league.

Made a half century for Tassie against a touring WI team including Wes Hall and Charlie Griffiths that some say were as fast and dangerous as anyone.

For those who can get One HD there is a Baldock special at 8.30 tonight.

On Saintsational, a book of tributes is being compiled to forward to the Docs family. I hope you stop by and we can include it, it's a sticky thread at the top of the page.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Darrel Baldock

Remove this Banner Ad

Back