News RIP Sam Landsberger - Hit in a pedestrian accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Been down bridge road lately? Its a total mess. Not surprised something happened.

RIP, the good die young sometimes.
Oh aye it's a mess, utter chaos – the tram adds heaps to it as well. there's the cop shop, people going home from work, the Coles, and then just people walking. the lights takes ages to go and everyone takes the moment they can get to walk or drive. heaps of angry drivers. I only lived in Richmond for six months but it also felt like 30 people were waiting at the lights all the time.

Last edited:
Thank you for that. I said to my partner Kath when I heard - ‘I bet he was on the phone, he was a journo, he wouldn’t have even seen it coming’

Unbelievably he was talking to his mum. She has to live with this now. 😔😔😔

according to the headline of the article, the fact he was on the phone to his mother was 'heartwarming'

weird take - i get people at the herald sun knew him personally, but him being on the phone is not 'heartwarming' - it adds to the tragedy of it being a complete waste of life

according to the headline of the article, the fact he was on the phone to his mother was 'heartwarming'

weird take - i get people at the herald sun knew him personally, but him being on the phone is not 'heartwarming' - it adds to the tragedy of it being a complete waste of life
Agree. But I guess the parents are trying to salvage what they can. 🤷🏻

yes it's sad but...

some early article I saw said anyone with footage please contact Crime Stoppers, it annoyed TF out of me coz it implied
the driver is some sort of crim, dafuq?

once I and my partner in a truck STOPPED at redlight, Clarendon St Sth Melb, waiting for green. Lights turned green, off we went, normal speed....suddenly pedestrians just streamed out right infront of us, not talking about idiots daydreaming with their earbuds...just ppl ignoring green light, traffic, my partner had no choice but to stop...I downed my window and screamed my lungs out "WAKE THE **** UP!!!"

but yeah, angry co drivers.

yes it's sad but...

some early article I saw said anyone with footage please contact Crime Stoppers, it annoyed TF out of me coz it implied
the driver is some sort of crim, dafuq?

once I and my partner in a truck STOPPED at redlight, Clarendon St Sth Melb, waiting for green. Lights turned green, off we went, normal speed....suddenly pedestrians just streamed out right infront of us, not talking about idiots daydreaming with their earbuds...just ppl ignoring green light, traffic, my partner had no choice but to stop...I downed my window and screamed my lungs out "WAKE THE **** UP!!!"

but yeah, angry co drivers.
The truck driver refused a blood test.

That means he will be summonsed to court.

The police will want to expand on that one charge if they believe he ran a red light.

Therefore, they are calling for potential evidence, eye witnesses etc.

The truck driver refused a blood test.

That means he will be summonsed to court.

The police will want to expand on that one charge if they believe he ran a red light.

Therefore, they are calling for potential evidence, eye witnesses etc.
a very early article...like minutes after it happened when details were sketchy!!! you already assumed something about the driver ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a very early article...like minutes after it happened when details were sketchy!!! you already assumed something about the driver ?
Crime Stoppers is staffed by sworn members - they have direct links with the various policing elements within VICPOL.

As soon as the driver was interviewed, an investigation would have been initiated and a call for witnesses put out - probably a matter of 2 hours from when the accident occurred.

Remove this Banner Ad

News RIP Sam Landsberger - Hit in a pedestrian accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back