Rising Star?

Remove this Banner Ad

tapestry

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2000
stuck at the inlaws house
Other Teams
lions
Surely Justin Sherman must be in line for a nomination? The kid has been fantastic in his 3 games to date. The work ethic of him on Saturday night was incredible. Franklin is obviously giving him a run for his money, but I think the kid deserves a look in too.

It'll be between him and Deledio for this weeks nomination I reckon. Both have had consistently good starts to their careers, averaging around the same stats. Franklin already got the round 3 nomination I think.

Heard from someone on another forum he has scored this week's nomination. WD Tank/Errol/Diggler/Pee Wee/Shermanator/Shermo!

WooHoo!

Sherman is the man
9:18:37 AM Tue 3 May, 2005
Sportal for afl.com.au
Impressive Brisbane Lions teenager Justin Sherman is the round six nominee for the NAB AFL Rising Star Award.

The 18 year old from Tasmania has been among his side's best players the last three weeks, which have also marked his first three games for the club.

He had 19 touches and two goals against Essendon at Telstra Dome on Saturday night, following 14 possessions and a goal against unbeaten West Coast the week before.

Sherman, who is one of eight players to make his debut already for the Lions in 2005, played more than 100 games with the Clarence junior club in Hobart and also starred for the Clarence seniors in last years finals series.

He was an All-Australian under 17 for Tasmania, and represented Australia against Ireland in the International under 17 series before that. He was Brisbane's third pick at No.45 in last year’s NAB AFL Draft.

He is the third cousin of Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting, a second cousin of former Essendon and Brisbane star Roger Merrett and first cousin of former Tasmanian wicketkeeper Richard Soule.

Thanks xplo

tapestry said:
WooHoo!

He is the third cousin of Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting, a second cousin of former Essendon and Brisbane star Roger Merrett and first cousin of former Tasmanian wicketkeeper Richard Soule.

Thanks xplo

Isn't everyone a cousin of everyone else in Tassie? :D

Tim the Toolman said:
Isn't everyone a cousin of everyone else in Tassie? :D
Now, now be nice!
lol.gif

He was still running well into the last quarter v Bombers - playing midfield and leading the 'group within the group' the debutants ( Moody, Adcock, Handstand etc ). Very mature performance with just a little touch of 'confidence'. And of course 29 - the Flea !!! But THE HAIR !!! Looks like he's had 10,000 volts thru' him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tapestry said:
Surely Justin Sherman must be in line for a nomination? The kid has been fantastic in his 3 games to date. The work ethic of him on Saturday night was incredible. Franklin is obviously giving him a run for his money, but I think the kid deserves a look in too.

Yep, the kid's got it this week (see my thread on the main AFL page)
Well done to Sherman !!! ;)

I was at the game on saturday and this guy really showed some potential, as all bloody brisbane youngsters seem to do. Is this guy expected to get a full season under his belt this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rising Star?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back