Preview Rnd 10 - Carlton v Geelong Saturday 26th May 7.25pm @ GMHBA Stadium - Team Post #494

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously?

Graham
28 poss, 15 CP, 4 clangers, 3 tackles, 2 goal assists

LOB
11 poss, 2 CP, 3 clangers, 2 tackles, zero goal assists

And plenty of others did sweet FA on the day- it was an effin long list.

I seriously don't get the "hate" for this guy.

If Graham was the worst of our problems we'd be a top 8 team!!!!!!
Who hates him? I acknowledge he had a good game last week

personally I don’t understand the out pouring of anguish whenever he is dropped, yes he gives 100% etc
Boy imagine when he gets delisted ...

Seriously funk you’re being a bit ‘hysterical’ over this

Be good when everyone is fit. Can't believe people are getting so uptight about Graham being dropped. Bloody Hell. It's obvious he isn't part of the clubs long term thinking. Get used it as we are 'REBUILDING".

This week Charlie Ed Weitering Cuningham came in, that's awesome. In the next few weeks Pickett Marchbank Murphy Silvagni Kennedy Williamson Polson should also be back. IMO that's who we need to be focusing on
So after the bye we can say goodbyr to Kedge, O'shea and either Rowe or Jones and that will show we're getting some depth back.

Last edited:

Be good when everyone is fit. Can't believe people are getting so uptight about Graham being dropped. Bloody Hell. It's obvious he isn't part of the clubs long term thinking. Get used it as we are 'REBUILDING".

This week Charlie Ed Weitering Cuningham came in, that's awesome. In the next few weeks Pickett Marchbank Murphy Silvagni Kennedy Williamson Polson should also be back. IMO that's who we need to be focusing on
I cannot accept that the club is applying long term thinking by dropping a player who clearly put in the right amount of EFFORT last week. We got smashed, and he was one of our stronger performers. Whilst his DE% wasnt spectacular, he had very few clangers, which suggests he was in helping Cripps get the hard ball and getting the ball out to space (also evidenced by his CP numbers). Important to note, people on here have been complaining about Cripps being a lone man in the middle, and weve taken away one of the only players actually getting in and helping out.

Harp on about the future all you like, but good futures are built on strong cultures. Dropping Graham sends the complete wrong message.

Hope Toddski is OK with the inclusion of Weitering

I am, actually, provided we play him as a loose man, which is his only position. The small ground should suit him as well. I don't want to see negative body language though. He needs to show desperation and some poise.

Pleased to see Cuners bust his way in too. We won't see much excitement until Willo and Picketty return though. They are so important to us. Dropping Nick Graham after his performance isn't the best look. I loathe Graham as a player but that unfair to drop him on his last performance. Something still stinks a bit with Bolton and the MC. I often see CFC players mocking selection on the Instagram comments. Clearly they are baffled as well.

Anything under 8 goals is a win.

If we can keep Lamb to under 75% game time, I think that helps the look of this team in terms of forward pressure and helps sustain the number of talls selected (granted Geelong have gone tall as well). While I was hoping that Garlett would get the benefit of the doubt, I understand the call.

To help a few in this thread, I've lifted this from the club's website:

Carlton Customer Support

Frequently Asked Questions

GRAHAM?!!!!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
No defensive pressure. Put himself into positions to bring the ball outside at the expense of team mates, then selfishly wasted it when the next option wasn't within 30 metres on the 45-degree angle either side of him when facing towards goal.

Playing like a bloke who thinks he can convince people into giving him a stint at another club when he makes no genuine effort to run the other way nor any genuine attempts to improve his mobility by trading in some weights work for some running. If he though he could get away with it, he'd probably never leave the centre square.

He was a sheepdog, and so were Mullett and Garlett (though I thought Garlett might be able to progress from this point more readily after at least running around last week). All three were punished, instead of punishing those whose error rates went up due to covering for this lack of application to some of the basics.

KERRIDGE?!?!?!???!?!#%$@#^&%
Actually applies defensive pressure, and on a wing no less. Amazingly he makes mistakes after running like a lunatic to cover for others. Glad the MC have turned the corner on him because he is team first.

O'FU&%^&%^&&SHEA?!*^&*&#@!$%^&*()¿
Hawkins, Murdoch, Rautgolea, Crameri, Dangerfield, Menegola and Blicavs.

MCFLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Fujitsu-san, konnichiwa!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/high-performance-discussion.1194764/

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-blue-healers-medical-room.1185863/

PS - You're wrong.

Fxxx me another long talker. I’m wrong because some bf bozo (not the district attorney) cherry picked some stats. Strange days indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot accept that the club is applying long term thinking by dropping a player who clearly put in the right amount of EFFORT last week. We got smashed, and he was one of our stronger performers. Whilst his DE% wasnt spectacular, he had very few clangers, which suggests he was in helping Cripps get the hard ball and getting the ball out to space (also evidenced by his CP numbers). Important to note, people on here have been complaining about Cripps being a lone man in the middle, and weve taken away one of the only players actually getting in and helping out.

Harp on about the future all you like, but good futures are built on strong cultures. Dropping Graham sends the complete wrong message.

I'll start this by saying I didn't see the game so I might be completely off base but I saw someone on here earlier in the week say that Graham kicked down the line a lot (I am assuming this is true and happy to be corrected if not) and I recall in the post match press conference saying that one of the big problems they had in the game was that they kicked down the line too much instead of changes the angles and using the 45 kick etc.

So maybe Graham was simply not willing or capable of doing what the coach was instructing? Maybe the match committee felt that the majority of his 28 disposals actually put the team in a worse position and there is no point in getting the ball if you can't advance the teams cause.

The selection committee is actually ******* stupid. What kind of message does it send to drop one of our best players last week and keep bums like o'shea in the team

Light bulb moment. I think I know why we have these selections. All the selection committee are posting here instead of watching the tapes and attending training. Same goes for physios and doctor.

Lotta experts on here. I won’t last long here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Light bulb moment. I think I know why we have these selections. All the selection committee are posting here instead of watching the tapes and attending training. Same goes for physios and doctor.

Lotta experts on here. I won’t last long here.

No you won't!

Pretty keen for this game.

I'm not that phased about last week, it reminded me of the Digby Morrell(?) years where we'd get pumped by ten or so goals one week then win the next.

I'm on board for a decent showing from the lads. Having Ed back will pull the opposition's collective heads in. If he's around and they get the ball, they know there's a crunching tackle coming their way.

The guns of Ed tackle hard.

So is that how it works? Go along until you have a few thousand pointless posts, then maybe we let you have an opinion?
Dumb posts is dumb. Newbie or not.

Go read the injury thread before teeing off on people for thinking our medical staff aren’t up to it. It’s not conspiracy stuff - a conspiracy is born when people don’t know or understand and fill the gap in knowledge with something unfounded. The club clearly has an injury management/ fitness problem. It’s been discussed in the injury thread and elsewhere, the general consensus at the beginning of the season was luck but it’s becoming clearer the club has an issue. It could be training surface, training intensity, doctors clearing unfit players, poor fitness programs.... list goes on. Essentially all the possibilities go back to the fitness and medical staff.

Don’t be so rude when a bit of reading and thought shows that this is in fact an issue at the club.

Think Kerridge might be better with Ed back in.... He looked better with the FT midfield burden off him when he came into the side this season. Thought he played his role pretty well prior to Ed going out.

Also might eat my words on that come Saturday 22:30...

I would change my mind if someone could provide some real evidence as to why he was dropped, instead of coming back with statements like he's just a vfl player or he turns it over 100% of the time.

It just proves some people will never open their eyes fully, instead swallow whatever the club feeds them and never challenge or question it.
I don't have any opinion either way as to how/why Graham was dropped, but this attitude irritates me.

Unless you are an insider, you, and all of us, are just guessing; you are basing your observations more or less on exactly the same pieces of evidence we are. It's part of what makes discussion so interesting, that so many people can watch the same thing yet see things so differently. So when you make a claim to 'real evidence', I'm already rolling my eyes.

At what point do you actually expect an AFL club, one of only 18 in this country, part of a multimillion dollar industry involving gambling, to actually inform the public - including their opposition - exactly how they see a player, or why he got dropped? Do you not think that someone would be getting fired and never working in the industry again for doing this?

So then, we move onto the final part of your post; the part which irritates the most. See, when I comment on your post, my points are addressed to you. I'm not invoking a cabal of club marketers, obsessively across Carlton websites frantically ensuring that any anti-club rhetoric is quashed swiftly, nor am I sitting opposite you and telling you you've got an agenda, and even if you do have an agenda, does that alone make you wrong?

This is what this board's come to these days, and it shits me. You want to win an argument? Actually try and bloody argue it, instead of 'not worth the effort', 'unquestioning fans', 'drinking the koolaid' bullshit. You want to have a go, actually have a go, instead of posting this kind of weak sauce masquerading as criticism.

I understand there are clear division between Graham being dropped.

But I just can't really accept that a bloke who tried his gut out and is put in the best against Melbourne to be dropped like that. Subjectively it doesn't sit well with me as the mantra of the club has been under Bolton is 'Reward for effort'.

However in saying that we are outsiders we can only speculate the reason. All I know is that Graham will cop it on the chin and dominate the VFL for us, even people accept that he isn't 'AFL' standard our younger players could learn a lot from him from his tackling numbers and racking the possies in the reserve side.

I feel for him, thought he would build on his 2015 form but just lost favor. This moment still stands out:

None the less I am excited to see how the younger players go against Geelong.

Unless you are an insider, you, and all of us, are just guessing;

This. Just because a bf poster post something it don’t make it fact.
Oh an insiders don’t post here. Not real ones anyway.

Arthur out

I am, actually, provided we play him as a loose man, which is his only position. The small ground should suit him as well. I don't want to see negative body language though. He needs to show desperation and some poise.

Pleased to see Cuners bust his way in too. We won't see much excitement until Willo and Picketty return though. They are so important to us. Dropping Nick Graham after his performance isn't the best look. I loathe Graham as a player but that unfair to drop him on his last performance. Something still stinks a bit with Bolton and the MC. I often see CFC players mocking selection on the Instagram comments. Clearly they are baffled as well.

Anything under 8 goals is a win.

Team seems too tall. Will be interesting to see how this plays out on a sunny day with a small ground. Are we going the aerial route?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back