Preview Rnd 16 - Carlton v Brisbane Sat 7 July 1.45PM @ The Gabba - Team post #406

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BluesvLionsRd16profile.JPG

100 games+
Carlton 7 Brisbane 9

Under 50 games
Carlton 11 Brisbane 8

21 years and under

Carlton 10 Brisbane 6

Don't let anybody tell you that Brisbane are younger. Simmo, Daisy and Murph skew it a little but once you get over 100 games, players are experienced.

Last edited:

View attachment 523027

100 games+
Carlton 7 Brisbane 9

Under 50 games
Carlton 11 Brisbane 8

21 years and under

Carlton 10 Brisbane 6

Don't let anybody tell you that Brisbane are younger. Simmo, Daisy and Murph skew it a little but once you get over 100 games, players are experienced.
Issue with this is it implies Lewis brings more leadership and experience to the table than Rowe and Cripps, he doesn't. These two for us most definitely belong in the 'experienced' category, making it equal.

If you extend it to '80 games and under', which is really no less relevant than 50 games, than its 14 vs 13.

23 years and under
Carlton 11 Brisbane 13

We're both very similar.

Last edited:
Issue with this is it implies Lewis brings more leadership and experience to the table than Rowe and Cripps, he doesn't. These two for us most definitely belong in the 'experienced' category, making it equal.

If you extend it to '80 games and under', which is really no less relevant than 50 games, than its 14 vs 13.

We're both very similar.

There is a massive difference between 80 games and 50 games.

There is a massive difference between 80 games and 50 games.
Weitering has gone past 50 games, and is playing worse. Is this a concern? No because ultimately he's still young and inexperienced. When would it start to be a concern, maybe around the 80 game mark?

I think we are at the point where, we are always a chance...
Charlie+Curnow+AFL+Rd+16+Carlton+v+Melbourne+f3UXbZ8jx_Bl.jpg

Weitering has gone past 50 games, and is playing worse. Is this a concern? No because ultimately he's still young and inexperienced. When would it start to be a concern, maybe around the 80 game mark?
Weitering is 20 and has played 52 games. You look at this list and that in itself is outstanding. Hope he has a great game on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

23 years and under
Carlton 11 Brisbane 13

We're both very similar.

Disagree.

I'm not sure that Wright or Jones are providing much leadership for us.

The difference between 50 games and 80 games could be the difference between a 3rd year player like Weitering and a 5th year player like Gardiner. In terms of preseason strength and conditioning and experience, it is still a massive gap.

I think we are at the point where, we are always a chance...

It has been games against North Melbourne, Collingwood, Freo & Melbourne and have gone in thinking we could win this game only to be totally blown a way.. I hope this isnt one of those games.

I think you just refuted your own point there. Weiters will have to play almost every game to reach 80 games in his 4th season. Good chance he will get there in his 5th season. If you are in your 5th season and stagnating, you have a problem. 3rd season ... not so much. This highlights the expectations and experience of those around the 80 game mark. Gardiner will play his 100th game next year and be considered a leader in that team.

It has been games against North Melbourne, Collingwood, Freo & Melbourne and have gone in thinking we could win this game only to be totally blown a way.. I hope this isnt one of those games.

I'm not sure on what basis anybody was thinking we could beat Melbourne. They were flying and racking up big wins at the time. Sure, the nature of our preview threads is supporters trying to be positive and think of ways we could win, hell even coaches do that but we know the odds are against us.

Freo was the big letdown but they had a good win the week before which dampened our outlook a touch.

23 years and under
Carlton 11 Brisbane 13

We're both very similar.
All that's relevant is how many players have over 300 games. We both have 1, should be a tight game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back