Robbo article on brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember Schimma losing by a 100 points and NM pulling the trigger. There is no harm in a coaching change being made violently.

That was after a pre-season game not in the middle of the year when the team despite the injuries and inconsistency is sitting in 6th spot.

I remember Schimma losing by a 100 points and NM pulling the trigger. There is no harm in a coaching change being made violently.

....because we had someone who effectively nurtured that group through as Juniors back then...

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

That was after a pre-season game not in the middle of the year when the team despite the injuries and inconsistency is sitting in 6th spot.
Like it or not Scott has , to use the poker parlance, gone all in with this squad of blokes and in the cold light of a season if he has an unexpectedly bad end to it, hard decisions will be made....

Like it or not Scott has , to use the poker parlance, gone all in with this squad of blokes and in the cold light of a season if he has an unexpectedly bad end to it, hard decisions will be made....
Yeah but I love North Melbourne and nobody dare criticise the guys busting a gut to make us a better side. We are 6th which is great considering. :stern look

Yeah but I love North Melbourne and nobody dare criticise the guys busting a gut to make us a better side. We are 6th which is great considering. :stern look
Objectively looking I find the timing of the article fascinating.

It could be Jabba just trying to destabilize NM or it could be a reflection of the pressure being ratcheted up externally as a result of the "odd" losses.

Hard decisions will be made lol, your just as delusional as Scott himself, and Brayshaw for that matter, throw in the selection committee too.

I'm not so sure it's all been said before. At least not in the media with this slant. I like the angle, I think it's fair and I hope the message gets through. Negative media, like a bad game the week before, seems to bring out our best.

Apologies I meant to add its been discussed a lot more in depth around here (have edited), maybe not so much in the media but its hardly groundbreaking journalism. With the Brayshaw calling Scott "elite" that has been floating around for more than a week now, including podcast and story on our website (http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-07-24/brayshaw-scott-is-elite). Has also been mentioned on 360.

In no way am I trying to stick up for the onfield performance of our club though. I think we are copping a fair whack at the moment which is completely deserved through abysmal performances, but It just seems that through the majority view of disappointment that some posters who have been long time critics are seeing this an opportunity for themselves to thrive on the negativity around this place. Each to there own, but must we spurt the same shit that's been floating around here since the Carlton debacle? Tonight's game will hopefully give us something else to discuss, although we won't be able to pass judgement on tonight alone.

Hard decisions will be made lol, your just as delusional as Scott himself, and Brayshaw for that matter, throw in the selection committee too.
Miss the finals and watch

We lost to Brisbane and Carlton which cost us a chance at top 4 and a genuine shot at a flag.

Fraud
Always has been always will be
I went to both of those games hahahaha **** my life

I reckon we kicked the first four goals in that Brisbane game too. Only time I've ever been to the Gabba and I'm never going back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost to Brisbane and Carlton which cost us a chance at top 4 and a genuine shot at a flag.

Fraud
Always has been always will be

Perhaps worst of all getting flogged by Gold Coast by 50 points in both 2014 and 2015, especially 2015 being the worst because they had a ton of injuries.

Brad and his 'we'll get em another day' culture.

Bombers have the exact same issues too. He never drops under-performing players
There was something on one of the footy shows the other night about how * had the least amount of debutants this year of any team, despite a lot of their recent draftees not performing to expectation

I find this perversely fascinating , just like Brad found it some sort of perverse opportunity.
We know Brad better than any other AFL club supporter base. We lived it for ten ****ing years. He got by with what seemed a lazy media approach that suggested General B Scott was doing well with the little resources he had at his disposal. They would all nod in approval. Caro would blush when Brad would flutter his eyelids in her direction. Oh stop it Brad, oh you stop it Caro.
Importantly he had the ability to play JB, to ensure Cam Joyce got the GM role, Brad knew he wasn't any chop, and I've said it before Cam was known as Brad's secretary.

I know someone who worked closely with Brad over the years, ****en loves him til this very day, we cannot discuss Brad as it turns to absolute shite every time. On the interstate trips he'd bring Brad his paper ( Financial Times was high on the list) and a cuppa !! FFS, FML! and FMD. What, that lazy prick couldn't get it himself. Who the **** would do that to anyone.
We're not in Atlanta Georgia circa 1800 FFS, FMD and FML!!

Wearing the polo after he got the arse, yeah right fooled no one, he would have been livered his career ended at North without him controlling the narrative. Was told Brad is ok, he won't even ask for a payout lol, took every last cent he was owed. Less his AFL wage, and fyi and fwiw I'd have said yeah **** that we'll pay you your money and you do not go near an AFL ground, club, media opportunity until your contract runs out. How you like them apples Bullshit Brad.

But alas he moved on to probably the worst place for him personally, Essendon are different in many ways, the lack of resources card cannot be played.

He wanted Magoo, he got Magoo, he wanted Griesham 2000, he got 2000, Goldy, Duursma and importantly he got the Essendon edge.
They won 11 games in 2023, currently they have 10 wins in 2024, the edge has been file away in Brad's book of Bullshit.

And the natives are restless, he supposedly got stuck into the players, why, cause in his mind that's the angle the Dons work. to the faithfu, "l I'm as upset as you", truth would be closer to he's doesn't really give a **** beyond brand protection.

If the GM at Essendon was a bogan, Brad would rock up in his stubby shorts, tee and durries inside the sleeve. If the GM was a toff, he turn up in a cravat and sporting a ****en monocle.

It will 100% end badly, just a matter of when and in fairness, good on the Bombers for not buying his bullshit, like we did. You can't recruit senior players and not improve, that's ridiculous. Nearly as ridiculous as it was recruiting 3/4 of those players, WTF was he thinking.

Yes and once it's all over, I'll probably buy his autobiography; Brads book of bullshit and brand protection.
Joke will be on me, I get that.

oh well.

Ah who can forget when Dal Santo told Scotts he can coach the group harder.
Brad was great at bringing a group through together but at some point you've got to drop a few senior players to keep the group on edge and uncomfortable and push them to be better.

And Brayshaw in his CH7 commentary recently said "Brad Scott is elite at making adjustments at half time" or some shizen.
Scott regularly got rolled by Lyon, Clarko and Thompson in the coaches box.

There was something on one of the footy shows the other night about how * had the least amount of debutants this year of any team, despite a lot of their recent draftees not performing to expectation

He hasn’t changed one bit. Biggest snake oil salesman we’ve ever seen.

Could talk his way through anything

Not sure he sets the bar very high old Scotty. Like in 2016 after starting the year 9-0 he says all we need to do is win 12 games to make the finals!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Robbo article on brad Scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back