Robert Eddy is awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Fabulous game - I'm starting to really, really like his play. Those two goals were pretty good, especially that mark, running with the flight of the ball with Kosi hovering. Very good.

Best play though from Eddy all day, though, was when he held up the play against 3 kangas, giving enough time for the rest of the boys to get there - out to Monty, out to Lenny, out to somebody else, then to Roo - Goal.

In fact, it's getting rather eerie how much the commentators ignore Dr Who - he does all that hard work, and no discussion about it at all. And when he kicked that goal after the mark in the last, the commentators were obsessively talking about Riewoldt's running to NOT be in the contest - all respect to Roo, but give Dr Who some cred, please!

2 goals - that's more than Kosi or Stanley. He is starting to be more and more Hamillesque, imo.

I must admit I haven't been the biggest fan of Eddy but he was pretty good yesterday. His workrate has always been good but he seems to have improved his disposal and decision making, which are his main weaknesses. Looked a lot more composed when he had the football.

Definitely deserves to keep his spot for next week on that performance, although he would need to keep performing to stay in the team as he is still very much a fringe player.

Fabulous game - I'm starting to really, really like his play. Those two goals were pretty good, especially that mark, running with the flight of the ball with Kosi hovering. Very good.

Best play though from Eddy all day, though, was when he held up the play against 3 kangas, giving enough time for the rest of the boys to get there - out to Monty, out to Lenny, out to somebody else, then to Roo - Goal.

In fact, it's getting rather eerie how much the commentators ignore Dr Who - he does all that hard work, and no discussion about it at all. And when he kicked that goal after the mark in the last, the commentators were obsessively talking about Riewoldt's running to NOT be in the contest - all respect to Roo, but give Dr Who some cred, please!

2 goals - that's more than Kosi or Stanley. He is starting to be more and more Hamillesque, imo.

If you'd been a fly on the wall in the commentary room after they cut to commercial, you'd have heard, "Who the **** was that guy"

If you'd been a fly on the wall in the commentary room after they cut to commercial, you'd have heard, "Who the **** was that guy"

Often he gets called: "Hayes" or "McQualter"...Mr Anonymous?

Eddy looked a very solid player in the dry, who can forget his brilliantly weighted kick to Rooeys advantage from outside 50 to about 15m out on about a 35 degree angle? The kick was a thing of beauty, also think he did a rather nice job on the HBF, Mackie, Wojak and Hunt all had rather substandard games, Enright wasn't all that potent until the Cats got on top and even then Eddy was running like a madman for the pill during that period.

Needs to trust himself more to kick it instead of trying to find handballs so often though, especially in wet weather. That let him down a bit.

Very happy with that game, especially the first half - is it just me or do you just get the sense that when he's on the flank in a two-on-one situation, he can just seem to hold up the play every time, until the reinforcements come in? Love to see his grunt and desire for the ball.

He's also getting more confidence that he deserves to be out there with the big-boys. Did you see when he got caught under the pack and came out furious at the Cats players - "who do you think you are?! I'm Robert Eddy!" Loved it.

Did you see when he got caught under the pack and came out furious at the Cats players - "who do you think you are?! I'm Robert Eddy!" Loved it.

Think he was a little pissed not to get a free for high contact. I was surprised he lost concentration, but the guy just doesn't seem to have a back (and now head) in the eyes of the umpires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he was a little pissed not to get a free for high contact. I was surprised he lost concentration, but the guy just doesn't seem to have a back (and now head) in the eyes of the umpires.

Well there is precedent because remember Umpire Ryan? Sprinting through the centre square and straight into a player in what was described as a "reckless and rookie mistake"?

That player: Robert Eddy

It's less that the man has no back or head and more that the umps refuse to believe he exists in any capacity. :p

Eddie Roberts had a great first half but went a bit quiet in the second. Good game in the end.

also he had not played for 3 weeks due to the hand injury. I didn't think he would get a game in the finals at all due to missing 3 weeks. Ross must think highly of him to put him back into the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Eddy is awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back