Solved Robert Farquharson

Remove this Banner Ad

Jane Doe

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watched a documentary on this animal last night on the Crime Channel on Foxtel. To do what he did to his own kids is unbelievable. He should have gotten life with no chance of getting out. Whilst people were diving into the dam to try and save his kids he was asking people for a smoke with no emotion

Listened to the Trial By Water podcast

All I can say is… wow

It pretty much dismantles every strand of the prosecution using expert testimony.

He was 110% guilty in my eyes.

After listening to this, I don’t think I could possibly find him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Actually can’t believe what I’ve heard.

Cough syncope is very real with many similar cases. Another driver passed out behind the wheel and killed the driver of another car in a similar incident. He was found guilty, jailed, then had his conviction overturned and was freed in recent years.

One of the prosecution’s star witnesses seems totally full of shit and never even came forward until four years after the event, claiming some sort of photographic memory. The timelines in her story don’t add up at all.

The police reconstruction of the accident was flawed and they themselves abandoned it for the second trial.

Farquharson’s ridiculous behaviour after the crash doesn’t prove a thing - it’s trauma. Very similar to Lindy Chamberlain.

The police’s tests of a sinking car were totally flawed. They alleged it would have taken many minutes. It actually takes a few seconds.

A failed lie detector test was leaked by police to the Herald Sun. The senior cop admits that. It went a long way toward convicting RF in the public eye. Not only are lie detectors junk science, there’s actually zero proof he even failed it.

RF did not undergo a psych test by experts at any stage - neither the prosecution or the defence ordered this, which is extremely bizarre - it’s almost standard practice.

RF had absolutely zero history of domestic (or any other) violence. Those who have studied thousands of cases of DV say they’ve never seen a single case where somebody goes from zero violence to murder.

There’s more too

The same Dr gave evidence of coughing syncope at the original trial as well. That evidence was rejected. It is not new and compelling evidence and far from sufficient to re-open the matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Solved Robert Farquharson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back