Robert Harvey - worst bloke ever! Sledging Bartel's estranged father and then sooking like a baby

Remove this Banner Ad

pavilion103

Premiership Player
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/maxwell-overrated-scarlo-20130724-2qjy3.html

...In his book Hold the Line, Scarlett says he "enjoyed sledging", and discusses the ugly spat he had with St Kilda great Robert Harvey.

During the 2008 qualifying final, Scarlett said Harvey had sledged Jimmy Bartel about his estranged father, just days after their relationship was made public in a newspaper report, which "had shaken Jimmy up".

Rallying around Bartel, Scarlett said to Harvey: "You’re just a selfish old c***. You’re never going to win a flag. Your career has been a total waste."

The Cats would win by 58 points, and Harvey had little influence with 19 disposals.

"We totally got under his skin, and he was furious for the rest of the game," Scarlett said.

"After the game, I went up to shake his hand. 'You right, mate? The game's over,' I said. That's how I played football. What happens on the field, stays on the field, and when the siren goes you always shake hands and walk away.

"You're a f***wit,' he said as he ignored my outstretched hand and walked off."

Scarlett - too honest for most football fans.
One of the greatest fullbacks in AFL history. He's earned the right to speak his mind.

Matty Carlett "I love a good sledge"

So Maxwell sledges them and Scarlett cries for 12 months about it.

What a hypocrite Handbagger silly he is.

Note to OP................... **** off you welching Flog. :thumbsdown:
When did Maxwell sledge them? I can't believe than I cannot recall this.

Scarlett - too honest for most football fans.
One of the greatest fullbacks in AFL history. He's earned the right to speak his mind.

That's right - no matter how stupid he makes himself look in the process!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harvey sooks for 53 minutes over Scarlett's yucky words

Meanwhile, Scarlett sooks for 53 weeks over Maxwell's yucky words

Seriously, who lets Maxwell get in their head

Huh? What did Boganwell say to him?

Scarlett had his sook on, because some flog wrote an article comparing Harley to Maxwell.

Mentally roasted, Scarlo talks about sobbing uncontrollably as Maxwell verbally destroyed them at 3qt time in the '10 Prelim. Laying awake at nights for a full year afterwards, Scarlett was only able to conquer his fear of Maxwell when the rest of the team carried him to the next flag.

Sadly, to this day, Maxwell has taken up real estate in the flog's headspace.

Scarlett had his sook on, because some flog wrote an article comparing Harley to Maxwell.

Mentally roasted, Scarlo talks about sobbing uncontrollably as Maxwell verbally destroyed them at 3qt time in the '10 Prelim. Laying awake at nights for a full year afterwards, Scarlett was only able to conquer his fear of Maxwell when the rest of the team carried him to the next flag.

Sadly, to this day, Maxwell has taken up real estate in the flog's headspace.

What did he say? Anyone know?

Scarlett refused to say

What happens on the field, stays on the field....

...unless he wins the sledge war, then the flog is more than happy to translate all proceedings for the world to hear. Shithouse bloke

Hmmm. Alright. The manlove for him is nowhere near the lofty heights that only Bloods are worthy of, but I do rate him as one of the best non-Bloods players of the century still. He certainly could never be a Master Troll if someone like Boganwood could troll him. Especially in such a big game. Although, it seems to be mostly hearsay.

Why is it that only Bloods are true greats of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Harvey - worst bloke ever! Sledging Bartel's estranged father and then sooking like a baby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back