Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Had to watch the game on a dodgy satellite feed, heavily pixilated screen so had to rely on the commentary. Nearly switched it off after listening to Walls.

Walls started this 'unsociable' nonsense, then shows a highlight tape of our guys allegedly not committing. Both observations are equally stupid. Like every team we have some guys who are hard at it and some who are not.

The biggest shirk(s) of the evening was Feltcher and he did it twice. Not a word from Walls.

Also Jarrod Waite is not a young talent. He is not young. He does not have talent.

I watched the replay this morning after going last night. It's good to watch the game to see the bits you miss on TV. What you also hear is commentators who have an agenda. Walls falls into the trap of trying to look for certain things in a game to make himself look clever. Find a bit of footage and replay it. There's some example of hawk players "reaching" for the ball rather than going for it. Basically saying that we're not so tough after all. Only problem was he picked the wrong game to have a crack at our hardness.

There's some example of hawk players "reaching" for the ball rather than going for it. Basically saying that we're not so tough after all. Only problem was he picked the wrong game to have a crack at our hardness.

The way I was reading it, I didn't think he was having a go at our hardness. I think the point he was trying to make was that some of the guys weren't going in 100% like they were eager to win the ball. Something I think a lot of us agree we did against the Bulldogs last week and paid the price. Essendon, like the Bulldogs the week before, looked hungier for the ball then we did in the First Quarter and a half. I didn't find anything wrong with what he said there.

The guy is clearly out of touch. He hasn't coached in over a decade since his sacking and his so called "tough man" position is contradictory at best. He isn't even worth a thread. Just wave away whatever he has to say. He failed as a coach, and he is a failure as an analyst of the game. No respect for what he has to say at all.

He and Tony Shaw should be axed from commentary for simply not being "in tune" with the game.

Supertool or Superfool.He said Buddy looked like John Trevolta.Buddy looks like Trevolta like I look like Bruce Springsteen

Talk about bloody double standards.

When Ryder had 9 kicked on him, he just referred to how Silvagni had 10 kicked on him when he was a young bloke, and explained how good it was for his character.

When Dawson had 8 kicked on him, he couldn't stop bagging Clarkson for not making a change.

Look, Dawson is no Ryder, but cmon, that is a pretty toolish effort.

Robert Walls is obsessed for Patty Ryder and Travis Cloke. He should retire as his services as a commentator are no longer wanted/required by the majority of footy fans. Jokes on you Walls, Buddy proved Ryder is a pretender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw robert walls this afternoon in errol street. He looked quite sad, I don't know why. He looks like a broken man to me. Punditry must take it out of you. I hope his health is okay. I think he's okay as a commentator, though he does seem to be a little repetitive.

I saw robert walls this afternoon in errol street. He looked quite sad,

He'd just read this thread. LOLOLOL

Walls makes one comment about the Hawks' hardness and fans on this site start carrying on like he's been riding us all season. He hasn't. Try not to be so sensitive. There are plenty of soft players in our side - AHEM Young, AHEM Williams, AHEM Rioli.

Love him or hate him, one thing is true: Walls is responsible for elevating Hodge in the eyes of the media. he is constantly talking Hodge up and writes articles about how hard he is. Surely that counts for something

There are plenty of soft players in our side - AHEM Young, AHEM Williams, AHEM Rioli.

Love him or hate him, one thing is true: Walls is responsible for elevating Hodge in the eyes of the media. he is constantly talking Hodge up and writes articles about how hard he is. Surely that counts for something

Soft?

Young - yes, although he is a receiver and not an in and under type of player.

Williams- maybe....

but...

Rioli??? - You're kidding right??????? Haven't you seen him take on Goliaths twice his size?!? and WIN!

watched many Hawks games lately??

And as for Hodge - if you think that Walls is resposible for his positive 'standing' in the media then you're just a mere media sheep.

Hodge's stats and physical influence in every game he plays speak volumes - Hodge is solely responsible for his reputation as a TOP-TIER, ELITE AFL player.

too bad if I hurt your feelings Wallsy...;)

Walls makes one comment about the Hawks' hardness and fans on this site start carrying on like he's been riding us all season. He hasn't. Try not to be so sensitive. There are plenty of soft players in our side - AHEM Young, AHEM Williams, AHEM Rioli.

Ease up turbo, Rioli is in his first year and is our leading tackle getter! Two weeks ago he was in the top 5 of the league in tackling (I dont know where he stands now) ! How the hell is he soft? He is tackling guys 20KGs heavier then him.

Ease up turbo, Rioli is in his first year and is our leading tackle getter! Two weeks ago he was in the top 5 of the league in tackling (I dont know where he stands now) ! How the hell is he soft? He is tackling guys 20KGs heavier then him.

I get annoyed when people who sit behind a computer accuse ANY league footballer of softness. Absolutely ridiculous.

And the problem with commentators is they have to say something, whether they have something to say or not. That accounts for the dribble.

I saw robert walls this afternoon in errol street. He looked quite sad, I don't know why. He looks like a broken man to me. Punditry must take it out of you. I hope his health is okay. I think he's okay as a commentator, though he does seem to be a little repetitive.

I believe he lost his wife recently and went straight back to work. Got to give him credit here at least, imagine losing your life partner and then having to front up to tv all the time and be chirpy. When there's no footy he must be pretty broken man.. We're all human in the end..

Except Mojo..He dosen't actually exist, pure computer animated character;)

I like Walls, you miss the times when he defends the way we play, he condemned the article about Hodge intentionally corking players as rubbish, he is a massive rap for Hodge, he did bag Clarkson for putting dawson on rocca, but didn't we all? And he turned out to be right on that one (it was bloody obvious to everyone there that day anyway) . . . i missed when he said that some hawks players squibbed a few contests, i'm sure he had reason to say it, he did mention later in the game how hard we were going at the ball, and continual references to Hodge's toughness.

Tackling wise he is very good, he has taken short steps running into contests in a couple games, the bulldogs game in particular. He also does very tough things too though, so he's inconsistent in that regard, wouldn't call him soft at all though, but he can be.

I believe he lost his wife recently and went straight back to work. Got to give him credit here at least, imagine losing your life partner and then having to front up to tv all the time and be chirpy. When there's no footy he must be pretty broken man.. We're all human in the end..

Except Mojo..He dosen't actually exist, pure computer animated character;)

His wife had cancer for a while there, he would always talk about her when she was healthy and how she was on his back to finish the tiling at their house, etc . . . i didn't even know she was sick, then i think one weekend he didn't show up cos he was at her funeral . . . i didn't even have a clue, his on-air demeanour didn't change a bit.

Give the supertool award to the entire Channel 10 commentary team. They have the umpires miked up but they talk too much to even bother listening to the umps explanation for free kicks. Right or wrong decision, the umpire still explains the free. Numerous times in both our game and the one yesterday, the commentators were asking each other what the free was for, watched the replay and were either weren't sure or picked the wrong thing to critise the umpire for.

Triple M guys have the umpire mike feed as well and they do it really well. Given it's radio and listening to it helps alot more.

I like Walls, you miss the times when he defends the way we play, he condemned the article about Hodge intentionally corking players as rubbish, he is a massive rap for Hodge, he did bag Clarkson for putting dawson on rocca, but didn't we all? And he turned out to be right on that one (it was bloody obvious to everyone there that day anyway) . . . i missed when he said that some hawks players squibbed a few contests, i'm sure he had reason to say it, he did mention later in the game how hard we were going at the ball, and continual references to Hodge's toughness.

I don't mind Wallsy either, to be honest. However, when he mentioned the softness of a few blokes (and his examples were kinda legitimate...), a second or two later a Hawk went in for the hard ball and got pinged for holding (diving on) it.

Its awesome the contradictions that our beloved Rules Committee has produced...

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls Supertool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back