Injury Roberton ruled out for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The only consolation for him is he just signed a 4 year extension so assuming it’s on at least $500k per year, he’ll get paid at least $2 million over the 4 years (including this).

He should be able to set his family up for life even if it means taking on a lesser paid job after, maybe coaching or the likes.

He’s been an absolute gun for us recently and will be sorely missed. Hope he recovers to full health ASAP.

Would hope that there would be a clause in place if he was never to play again due to injury. Really bad luck for a player who was in fine form but the club isn’t a charity .

Does the AFL have some sort of compensation, or is there player insurance/pension for guys that are forced to retire due to circumstances like this? I guess if it's not caused by playing AFL then there's probably nothing that looks after him unfortunately.

Does the AFL have some sort of compensation, or is there player insurance/pension for guys that are forced to retire due to circumstances like this? I guess if it's not caused by playing AFL then there's probably nothing that looks after him unfortunately.
So you asked a question then answered it yourself - That’s strange

Fell a couple of games short of 100 for us too. With our luck his sons will grow up to be Dusty types. :cry:
Name him for 2 more games this year and sit him on the pine the whole game. He could enjoy seeing his son's play for us one day in their home state.

The only consolation for him is he just signed a 4 year extension so assuming it’s on at least $500k per year, he’ll get paid at least $2 million over the 4 years (including this).

He should be able to set his family up for life even if it means taking on a lesser paid job after, maybe coaching or the likes.

He’s been an absolute gun for us recently and will be sorely missed. Hope he recovers to full health ASAP.

Unfortunately the tax man will take a lot of that 2mil. But what’s left is a good foundation till he finds his feet. Get a nice family home etc

Would hope that there would be a clause in place if he was never to play again due to injury. Really bad luck for a player who was in fine form but the club isn’t a charity .

I'd rather him have it than any of the trash on our list getting extra to fill minimum cap spend.

I think the AFLPA was trying to get up some kind of contribution scheme.

Good question, I have also wondered whether his contract would have to be counted under the TPP if he is forced to retire.

Article in the paper w/ Robbo doesn't sound too good tbh.

Diagnosed with SVT, then complicated by myocarditis.

The cardiologist believes his career is most likely over, club doctors will "turn over every stone" to get him playing again.

SVT can be rectified with ablation, Kyle Chalmers is an example of someone getting back to elite competition after having it done, but Dylan's one sounds far too complicated for the procedure to be of any use in this circumstance. Sounds like the procedure he had done was just to insert a monitor to track the electrical rhythms when he goes into SVT, they're hoping medication will control it and allow him to play. Club doctors believe he'll be ready to train from day 1 of pre-season. I know a few people with this condition, it is pretty scary and so unpredictable I personally can't see how he regains fitness for AFL level. Fingers crossed.

Article in the paper w/ Robbo doesn't sound too good tbh.

Diagnosed with SVT, then complicated by myocarditis.

The cardiologist believes his career is most likely over, club doctors will "turn over every stone" to get him playing again.

SVT can be rectified with ablation, Kyle Chalmers is an example of someone getting back to elite competition after having it done, but Dylan's one sounds far too complicated for the procedure to be of any use in this circumstance. Sounds like the procedure he had done was just to insert a monitor to track the electrical rhythms when he goes into SVT, they're hoping medication will control it and allow him to play. Club doctors believe he'll be ready to train from day 1 of pre-season. I know a few people with this condition, it is pretty scary and so unpredictable I personally can't see how he regains fitness for AFL level. Fingers crossed.

Club doctors vs cardiologist....I know who I’d be listening to.
Why would you take the risk?
Really sad for him and us though.

( can’t “like” your post)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we've had 2 players retire due to injury/illness. Do we have the basis to ask the AFL for an end of 1st round compo pick perhaps? I certainly hope so!
Interesting point, not sure the AFL will gift us anything though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back