Robson to resign today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KIA make buses.

kia-granbird-kia-granbird_804c8.jpg

I just figured out where I'd like to park mine.

Its in the penski file,Ian

JAMES HIRD (Feb. 5, 2013): I'm very disappointed, shocked, I think probably the best word. We believe that as the leader of the football department, as the coach take full responsibility of what happens within our football department. Of course...

Monday morning press conference: James Hird resigns/sacked as coach of Essendon.

Monday night On The Couch: Mike & Gerard ask Roosy if he'd be interested in the vacant coaching job at Essendon?
Roosy says I can't see myself at this point in time coaching anybody again.

Friday morning press conference: EFC announce Paul Roos as new senior coach on a 5 year $5m a season contract

Why would Roos want to tarnish his reputation like that?

I'm asking for executions and they are lasting longer than any pro bombers posts I've made tonight. Who'd have thought you can watch cartel murders and the most filthy pron you can imagine on the interweb but the moment you defend James Hird you're censored. BF does the Internet wrong.

Cool! Nice job salo. Ill just update my list and add BF to the people responsible/to blame:

Updated List of People to blame for Bombers substance program/scandal

1. Caro
2. Steve Dank
3. The evil media in general
4. Shane Charter
5. The weapon
6. Gerard Whately
7. Kyle Riemers
8. Andrew Demetriou
9. Jeff Kennett
10. Big Footy
11. Other jealous clubs

Please note:
No Essendon people have anything to do with their substance abuse/program/violations. It is everyone elses fault.

Thalidomide did indeed undergo the requisite tests at the time. The problem was the testing and an inadequate understanding of the effects of stereochemistry at the time (the late '50s). Thalidomide was administered as a racemic mixture, which means it contained an equal amount of each of the two optical isomers. One isomer was an effective sedative and anti-emetic. The other was a potent teratogen, meaning it caused terrible mutations in the embryo/foetus.

Thalidomide has undergone a remarkable rehabilitation in recent decades though. It is an effective treatment against multiple myeloma and is the most effective drug for relieving the discomfort of Hansen's disease (leprosy). It should still never be given to women of child bearing age, even in the optically pure form, as it undergoes racemisation (conversion of the pure isomer into both) in the human liver.

As a general rule, it is inadvisable to give anything to human subjects until it has been through the full regimen of trials.

EDIT: replied to the wrong post. Jenny, are you one of the younger three? Did your father, and by extension yourself, receive any compensation from the Aust/UK authorities?

I am the youngest. And no we didn't. There was an enquiry and a class action. Never heard anything.

Cool! Nice job salo. Ill just update my list and add BF to the people responsible/to blame:

Updated List of People to blame for Bombers substance program/scandal

1. Caro
2. Steve Dank
3. The evil media in general
4. Shane Charter
5. The weapon
6. Gerard Whately
7. Kyle Riemers
8. Andrew Demetriou
9. Jeff Kennett
10. Big Footy
11. Other jealous clubs

Please note:
No Essendon people have anything to do with their substance abuse/program/violations. It is everyone elses fault.

My understanding was that the tea lady down at Essendon was the most culpable.
Why hasn't she been sacked when it was she that bought the PEDs into the club and consumed enough for 40 people?

My understanding was that the tea lady down at Essendon was the most culpable.
Why hasn't she been sacked when it was she that bought the PEDs into the club and consumed enough for 40 people?

I think we have the answer ... AOD is now, or someday, sometime in the future an approved, sort of, food additive ... Maybe.

So, Dank prescribed AOD, the tea lady had it on her trolley and spooned it out as she served cup pas to the players after training, telling them it was WADA approved sugar.

What a sublime plan.

I think we have the answer ... AOD is now, or someday, sometime in the future an approved, sort of, food additive ... Maybe.

So, Dank prescribed AOD, the tea lady had it on her trolley and spooned it out as she served cup pas to the players after training, telling them it was WADA approved sugar.

What a sublime plan.
If she isn't an 'Essendon person' the tea lady should be sacked.

I would say good first step in a long process. Robson knew some of the substance in the supplement program were not approved for human use and admits the running of the club was poor. He had no option than to leave and rightly so.

The real issue now is who is next. If no one else of substance leaves then we have a piss poor cover up. If others which deserve to go too get the boot then good on the efc.

Sorry I got this post totally wrong. I mixed up Evans and Robson, thus the line about Robson knowing substances not approved for human use were used.

With that in mind I now call bullshit on Robsons sacking. Clearly Evans should have been the first to go and the way he is throwing Robson under the bus is sickening. Seriously how can he put the blame on Robson when he himself knew AOD9604 was still going through clinical trials yet did nothing to stop the program?

Seriously pathetic .................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ESSENDON will today name former Tattersalls boss Ray Gunston as its interim chief executive, as defiant coach James Hird maintained his players would not be found guilty of doping.
The Herald Sununderstands Gunston, a close friend of Essendon chairman David Evans and father of Hawthorn forward Jack, has agreed to join the club on a temporary basis.

This guy Evans sure knows how to fireproof himself.

First his close friend Ziggy and now his close friend Gunner.

Ray The Gunner? Reminiscent of crooked cop Ray "Gunner" Kelly. Would've been a good fit for Essendon.

JAMES HIRD (Feb. 5, 2013): I'm very disappointed, shocked, I think probably the best word. We believe that as the leader of the football department, as the coach take full responsibility of what happens within our football department. Of course...

At the end of the day, as everyone understands about Hird, he had to make good on his appointment and the whole shit when he and bomber were brought back to Windy Hill...he looked at the list, saw it was shit and then in comes the weapon, on Bomba's recommendation and the rest is there for all to see...I will say it again, the previous coaching panel and footy dept, didnt employ these people, this footy dept and coaching panel did..its as simple as that...we really need to clear away the BS legal shit that everyone is putting forward to cloud reality. No Hird and Bomba - No weapon, no Dank, no drug scandal, With Hird and Bomba - Weapon, Dank and drug Scandal....THE END!!

So whomever takes over coaching if Hird was to stand down/stood down is tarnishing their reputation are they.
I think there would be a fair line-up of coaches who'd love to have the gig if it came available, its not like it happen on their watch

Ziggy Report Recommendations

The CEO must be accountable for everything that happens within his organization. Coaches cannot bypass him, and boards must work through him. If commercial priorities consume his time and attention, steps must be taken to ensure proper oversight of football operations.

So are we to take from this Hird and Evans were deliberately working around Robson, rather than keeping him in the loop?

FWIW I agree with Robson having to go for his management failings but I can't see how it absolves any of the other main players Hird/Thompson/Reid of their culpability in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back